User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Kid CuDi

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm not a fan of rap, so I only know what I get exposed to incidentally, most of which is the popular, mainstream stuff. One misogynist song is one too many, IMO.
    Actually, I disagree. I think every man is a misogynist of sorts whether we like to admit it or not. I mean, we are pretty much bred in a culture where men are treated differently from birth. How is it possible to not be, on some level, misogynist?

The danger, I think, comes when people take this and twist it to actually mean something "in the real world". I think there are healthy ways to express your misogyny, racism, bigotry etc...and there are unhealthy ways to express this. Music, I would argue, is perhaps one of the most healthy ways to do this.

Pretending like the world is a perfect place, like we don't have biases etc, is more detrimental than a song about "bitches and hoes" from some rapper. imo..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Actually, I disagree. I think every man is a misogynist of sorts whether we like to admit it or not. I mean, we are pretty much bred in a culture where men are treated differently from birth. How is it possible to not be, on some level, misogynist?

The danger, I think, comes when people take this and twist it to actually mean something "in the real world". I think there are healthy ways to express your misogyny, racism, bigotry etc...and there are unhealthy ways to express this. Music, I would argue, is perhaps one of the most healthy ways to do this.

Pretending like the world is a perfect place, like we don't have biases etc, is more detrimental than a song about "bitches and hoes" from some rapper. imo..
    I definitely don't agree with this. Glorifying something like misogyny is not the same as acknowledging it exists, either. You can acknowledge gritty reality without portraying it as good, healthy, acceptable, etc.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post

i agree, well said

Stansmith

I?FP 6w7-3w4/4w3-9w1 Sp/Sx

I guess I'll go with INFP, since he has that tertiary-Si groundedness to him.