• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP pigeonholing.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to get really upset when people engaged in blatant mistyping, but now I'm like whatever.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Feelin some major Don Quixote vibes.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga - ENTP
Kary Perry - ISTP
Lady GaGa is Fi as hell. there's no way she's ENTP
Katy Perry I think is an ENFP 3w2 so/sx

gromit

likes this
How can you guys be so sure about people you haven't even MET???

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
Actually, I'd correlate simplistic musicians with N and ones who deal with details and "showiness" as sensors if I had to do any stereotyping. N doesn't mean deeper. I think it means there was/is/won't be a tangible or practical application needed for something to be fully understood or appreciated. Art in itself is a tangible application of feelings, which are abstract for everyone. It makes fine sense to me that Gaga would be an Fi dom with auxiliary Se and Tertiary Ni.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, I'd correlate simplistic musicians with N and ones who deal with details and "showiness" as sensors if I had to do any stereotyping. N doesn't mean deeper. I think it means there was/is/won't be a tangible or practical application needed for something to be fully understood or appreciated. Art in itself is a tangible application of feelings, which are abstract for everyone. It makes fine sense to me that Gaga would be an Fi dom with auxiliary Se and Tertiary Ni.

In my observations it's actually SPs who are showy, from Michael Jackson to Lady Gaga...how is Gaga deep? She's creative. She's dynamic. Deep is not a word I would use to describe her music.

Morrissey is deep. Radiohead is deep. Both NF front men.

However I think maybe the most "shallow" performers are extroverted, not S or N. Katy Perry could be ENFP for all I fucking know. Lana del Rey has a creative complexity to her music like Gaga, and I would probably attribute that more to Fi/Se/Ni rather than being S or N, it's about the Fi Ni.

Also some people are just less intelligent, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
In my observations it's actually SPs who are showy, from Michael Jackson to Lady Gaga...how is Gaga deep? She's creative. She's dynamic. Deep is not a word I would use to describe her music.

Morrissey is deep. Radiohead is deep. Both NF front men.

However I think maybe the most "shallow" performers are extroverted, not S or N. Katy Perry could be ENFP for all I fucking know. Lana del Rey has a creative complexity to her music like Gaga, and I would probably attribute that more to Fi/Se/Ni rather than being S or N, it's about the Fi Ni.

Also some people are just less intelligent, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If you'd actually read my post, I didn't say Lady Gaga or anyone else was deep. I said being an N doesn't equate to being deep. Then I went on to say that feelings are abstract but that some artists like to convey those feelings in a more tangible way by using spectacle and such.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you'd actually read my post, I didn't say Lady Gaga or anyone else was deep. I said being an N doesn't equate to being deep. Then I went on to say that feelings are abstract but that some artists like to convey those feelings in a more tangible way by using spectacle and such.

Ok I am sorry, but I was also thinking of the OP saying sensors were less complex and less deep, then turned around and typed Gaga as INFJ....I doubt very seriously she'd be so comfortable with Se if she was Se inferior. Only an ENFJ might play with image to that absurdly histrionic degree, an INFJ would be more subtle about it, like Florence from Florence and the Machine, or Tori Amos. I am not arguing that INFJ is more natural, but that their Se is softened by its inferior position and ALWAYS in service to Ni unless they are very old and balanced. That's why I also balk at people calling Lana del Rey and her continually shifting image self INFJ...Se is much too crucial to her entire package and creative process, even in the subject matter she delves into with Ni seems largely visceral, tangible, experiential or pop culture history based. That and she's so Fi it hurts. I actually saw one detractor say "why just why she's like a stalker without her meds"...no Fe tact there. She said in a recent interview that she makes music entirely for herself.

It was Keirsey who messed this all up, you know. Jung attributed "depth" to introverts and "breadth" to extroverts.

sherryjaye

Sensors are not more simple

Sensors are by definition more simple. SP's live in the moment. The here and now. They are Less complex. Less deep

They are not more simple; they think concretely, which is not the same thing. NTs and NFs just think in abstractions.

Guardians and Artisans are concerned with what was and is. Si and Se are focused on experiences, their own and others', respectively. The SJs are concerned about tradition and preserving the status quo; SPs want to test the rules and push the boundaries. There's more, but that's the gist. Again, this doesn't mean that they're "simple".

The intuitives are more concerned with what they want and what's possible; Ne is focused on the wants and possibilities of others and Ni is focused on the same, but for themselves. Again, these are the basics. Every type has something to offer and they all deserve respect.

And that is totally an INTJ lecture. Sorry. I'm not good at doing it any other way.

Last edited:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
They are not more simple; they think concretely, which is not the same thing. NTs and NFs just think in abstractions.

Guardians and Artisans are concerned with what was and is. Si and Se are focused on experiences, their own and others', respectively. The SJs are concerned about tradition and preserving the status quo; SPs want to test the rules and push the boundaries. There's more, but that's the gist. Again, this doesn't mean that they're "simple".

The intuitives are more concerned with what they want and what's possible; Ne is focused on the wants and possibilities of others and Ni is focused on the same, but for themselves. Again, these are the basics. Every type has something to offer and they all deserve respect.

And that is totally an INTJ lecture. Sorry. I'm not good at doing it any other way.

The only SJ I've ever known was my grandfather and this fit him to a "T." He was very quiet and even tempered. I rarely saw him angry but when he was it was always over the tiniest things and those were abstract concepts or non-traditional methods. They seemed to confound and agitate him to an absurd degree of "Can't even."

He was supportive of my artistic hobbies but whenever he saw me drawing but was aggravated by the subjects and every time would say " Why don't ya draw sumthin real? Like a mountain or a cayote howlin at the moon?"
Or when he watched me playing a video he would comment " Why're they jumpin so high!? No one jumps that high!" you know, despite every other ridiculous thing in the game.

The angriest he ever got at me was one day when I was gong to...I don't recall school, or some appointment. i didn't have everything organize and planned out perfectly and when he asked me about it I told him " Eh, I'll figure it out as I go." This flustered him.
" That's not how things work."
"That's how I work. I'll nail it, watch me."
he turned bright, cherry red and in a voice that I think was his equivalent to yelling said " No one works like that!"

I tried so many times in my life to explain to him that yes, some people are adaptable, some can-and in fact do better- at thinking on our feet. Every time the concept enraged him and more than once he implied there was something mentally wrong with me.

I don't believe most SJ's are that extreme though. My Grandfather was raised by by emotionally stunted old cowboy so that probably exacerbated things.