• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metallica types???

am_i_evil666

ok. what do you think are their types??
i mean james hetfield, kirk, lars and roberto??
james: ISTJ
kirk: ISFP
lars: ESTP. everybody knows ESTPs are evil.
rob: ENFP.

now, please, do express your opinions.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've always thought Hetfield was more N than S. Nothing Si about him.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Het is definitely ISTP.

Absolutely a chart the course type, but he has that temper...

Doesn't really fit with patient INTJ or ISTJ, and he's not an F.

Kirk is ISF_. I dunno about the last one. Seems like he tries to be P (P is apparently "cool" they just don't call it that anywhere but here) more than he actually is, but I dunno.
Lars is definitely an ENTJ. Not even going to justify that one.
Rob seems accurate. ENFP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL was this whole thread just to get a dig in on lars?

Good tactic.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Kirk - ISFJ, for the reasons mentioned by Nocapszy.
Lars - ENTJ, ditto.
James - INTJ, because his anger might be his Fi boiling to the surface.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dude he's the most introverted introvert ever.

I remember hearing someone comment about how James used to be. He said something like, "He'd just be like 'what's up' and start playing guitar." He's definitely introverted. I always thought of him as an INTJ, though, but I guess ISTJ could also be possible.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thinking about cognitive functions for a minute, where in him does everybody see a dominant or secondary Si or Se respectively? Si I'm sure isn't there, but Se I'm actually interested in hearing (or reading rather).

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Solid, tough, decisive. On the surface he seems like an ISTJ. However, his lyrics (especially in the early days) are perhaps a bit too deep for a Guardian.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Solid, tough, decisive. On the surface he seems like an ISTJ. However, his lyrics (especially in the early days) are perhaps a bit too deep for a Guardian.

The former is more indicative of Te (although that is a bit of a misconception).

The Si is nowhere to be found.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
The former is more indicative of Te (although that is a bit of a misconception).

The Si is nowhere to be found.

Absolutely. I agree.

So thus far we know that he is an introvert and has virtually no preference for Si. Concerning temperaments, he probably is not an idealist or a guardian.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Absolutely. I agree.

So thus far we know that he is an introvert and has virtually no preference for Si. Concerning temperaments, he probably is not an idealist or a guardian.

It has also been suggested that he is more likely Te than Ti (not measuring validity, just frequency of TJ suggestions) and more likely Fi than Fe. The order has not yet been established.

My bets are on disturbed INFP or INTJ.

I, however, am not going to rule out xSxP until somebody gives me a good reason to.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
He is absolutely not an ISTJ. No chance. At all. INTJ, maybe... I really am hesitant to give him an N.

If you look at James style, it seems highly indicative of a Thinking dominant. Highly rigid with the timing, perfectly executed strokes one after another. He'd probably put so much time and effort into just getting to where he could single pick at Master Of Puppets speed, that INTJ and ISTP are the only two who could stand it.

Unfortunately, because he doesn't frequent the camera, (introvert...) I haven't seen much that really gives him away.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
If you look at James style, it seems highly indicative of a Thinking dominant. Highly rigid with the timing, perfectly executed strokes one after another. He'd probably put so much time and effort into just getting to where he could single pick at Master Of Puppets speed, that INTJ and ISTP are the only two who could stand it.

Agreed. However, I am leaning towards Ni because of his "deep" lyrics stemming from his Ni and angry/depressed Fi, then complemented by his aggressive outer appearance (Te and inferior Se). I don't think he could have Se as a dominant or secondary function. That would make his music seem more like this.

YouTube - Kickstart My Heart

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
He is absolutely not an ISTJ. No chance. At all. INTJ, maybe... I really am hesitant to give him an N.

Unfortunately, because he doesn't frequent the camera, (introvert...) I haven't seen much that really gives him away.

I'm an INTP, and I get obsessed with being able to do certain things on guitar or bass. I also get obsessed with being able to play certain songs. As a result, I practice them until I can.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was speaking more in terms of precise picking and things like that.

Listen to the older metallica. It's ridiculous how fast and flawless every note is.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I was speaking more in terms of precise picking and things like that.

Listen to the older metallica. It's ridiculous how fast and flawless every note is.

My brother pointed that out to me a long time ago, and he told me about that part of Master of Puppets where they use all down picking. Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem like an N would pay that close attention to detail.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
They certainly could. I noticed it. I just don't think that's where they'd necessarily emphasize their skill. Metallica isn't exactly notorious for creativity. Despite being the first real thrash band... they're still not all that clever.

System of a Down is practically the paradigm contrast to what we see in metallica here.

Of course, with the music being written almost solely by an INFJ, it's doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Ironically, SOAD has stated more than once that they take influence from metallica.