• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's type

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This should be easy! :rofl1:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't see how he's anything but an ESTP. He's a brilliant promoter (and a lousy performer, which rules out ESFP). And I don't see him as much of a leader despite his governating role, so he's no J.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, he's seems more social than other ESTJ's I've known.

He's an actor and a politician. And an extrovert.

I also know an ESTJ who is not very social, but that is only because his social skills are poor, but he gets better at it as time goes on. It seems that for him specifically, Te gets in the way of that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an actor and a politician. And an extrovert.

I also know an ESTJ who is not very social, but that is only because his social skills are poor, but he gets better at it as time goes on. It seems that for him specifically, Te gets in the way of that.

Is "politician" listed under ESTJ careers?

Does Arnie have poor social skills that got better with time? My recollection of him from his early years is that his interpersonal skills haven't changed one iota.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCH3w_LnmHE&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s

(I'm not embedding this youtube video from 1973 because it has to start at the 25 second mark, and embedded videos don't play well with that feature.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is "politician" listed under ESTJ careers?

Does Arnie have poor social skills that got better with time? My recollection of him from his early years is that his interpersonal skills haven't changed one iota.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCH3w_LnmHE&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s

(I'm not embedding this youtube video from 1973 because it has to start at the 25 second mark, and embedded videos don't play well with that feature.)

I have no idea to both of those questions. :shrug:
The example I gave of the ESTJ I know was just about him. I wouldn't be able to generalize that to all ESTJs at all, but I mentioned it because it's real.

What do you think Arnie's type is?

He seems quite decisive to me and always has been.
Not all ESTJs are dull and cranky, you know? :wink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea to both of those questions. :shrug:
The example I gave of the ESTJ I know was just about him. I wouldn't be able to generalize that to all ESTJs at all, but I mentioned it because it's real.

What do you think Arnie's type is?

He seems quite decisive to me and always has been.
Not all ESTJs are dull and cranky, you know? :wink:

J's are decisive - except for the one's who aren't. Some people lose self-confidence.

I read most of the previous thread on Arnie's type and didn't see the answer I was looking for. Close, but not quite.

Few people want to think Arnie could be the F and not the T. I guess he just "looks" like a T. And yet he expresses his "values" in his interviews. He "effs" all over the place. The guy, in the things he says, reeks of F-ness. This is not to be confused with some of the characters he portrays, such as the ISTJ Terminator. (The Terminator's programming is his Si function, as well as his primary motivator to action.)

He is undoubtedly the 3w2. I don't know why but the Enneagram is so much easier to determine type with than MBTI.

The difficulty with typing Arnie is that he is not very self-revealing. However, this can be a clue to type. An Extravert who is not very revealing is described on an ENFJ page: "ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types."
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

By the way, most celebrity typing pages think Arnie is an INTJ, and that's just a load of crap.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sp/sx e89 intj.

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know."

“We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't see how he's anything but an ESTP. He's a brilliant promoter (and a lousy performer, which rules out ESFP). And I don't see him as much of a leader despite his governating role, so he's no J.

I see where you're coming from with that, but Arnie just isn't "hyper" enough in my view. And the ENFJ type often appears as some social ideal - the beautiful woman, the strong he-man. I think as an ESTP Arnie would have made a great race-car mechanic.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sp/sx e89 intj.

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know."

“We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win."

Type 8's enjoy competition and winning. But type 3's are more sports-oriented. I always think it's strange, when looking at celebrity typing pages, to see "INTJ" Arnie among such individuals as Woodrow Wilson.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
J's are decisive - except for the one's who aren't. Some people lose self-confidence.

I read most of the previous thread on Arnie's type and didn't see the answer I was looking for. Close, but not quite.

Few people want to think Arnie could be the F and not the T. I guess he just "looks" like a T. And yet he expresses his "values" in his interviews. He "effs" all over the place. The guy, in the things he says, reeks of F-ness. This is not to be confused with some of the characters he portrays, such as the ISTJ Terminator. (The Terminator's programming is his Si function, as well as his primary motivator to action.)

He is undoubtedly the 3w2. I don't know why but the Enneagram is so much easier to determine type with than MBTI.

The difficulty with typing Arnie is that he is not very self-revealing. However, this can be a clue to type. An Extravert who is not very revealing is described on an ENFJ page: "ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types."
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

By the way, most celebrity typing pages think Arnie is an INTJ, and that's just a load of crap.

I definitely don't think he's an INTJ.

F-ness, huh? I could buy ESFJ, although I don't see a lot of Fe.

Still think he's an SJ. ESFPs, at least the ones I know, tend to be really open, but I can see that more than ENFJ.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Type 8's enjoy competition and winning. But type 3's are more sports-oriented. I always think it's strange, when looking at celebrity typing pages, to see "INTJ" Arnie among such individuals as Woodrow Wilson.

I think 8s enjoy winning for its own sake; 3s more for the admiration of others. Which one is he?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla74! He's ESTP.

Hmm... maybe Arnie is ESTP.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram 3 is my rough guess. Not going to bother with the MBTI.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I definitely don't think he's an INTJ.

F-ness, huh? I could buy ESFJ, although I don't see a lot of Fe.

Still think he's an SJ. ESFPs, at least the ones I know, tend to be really open, but I can see that more than ENFJ.

The ENFJ is more of a motivational speaker type, like Arnie. You're wavering between SJ and ESFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/idealist_overview.asp

"Idealists (NFs), as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

All Idealists share the following core characteristics:

Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders."

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He is manipulative and goes after what he desires without much regard to other people. In an interview I saw, he talked about how in some important bodybuilding event he developed a rapport with his two main competitors and then used it to destroy the confidence of one of them and gave bad advice to the other (who looked up to him).
Not sure what type that would be though.