First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    He is manipulative and goes after what he desires without much regard to other people. In an interview I saw, he talked about how in some important bodybuilding event he developed a rapport with his two main competitors and then used it to destroy the confidence of one of them and gave bad advice to the other (who looked up to him).
    Not sure what type that would be though.
    That is ENFJ. It sounds like he was pushing to win the competition, but in general he does care (give regard). Read up on the ENFJs and manipulation. They have a negative side too.

Edit: interesting ENFJ discussion here - http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-foru...ipulation.html
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    He is manipulative and goes after what he desires without much regard to other people. In an interview I saw, he talked about how in some important bodybuilding event he developed a rapport with his two main competitors and then used it to destroy the confidence of one of them and gave bad advice to the other (who looked up to him).
    Not sure what type that would be though.
    Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbo.

I think estp. That's the way he comes across in Education of a Bodybuilder.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbo.

I think estp. That's the way he comes across in Education of a Bodybuilder.
    From "Education of a Bodybuilder,"

"And there it was before me -- my life, the answer I'd been seeking. It clicked. It was something I suddenly just seemed to reach out and find, as if I'd been crossing a suspended bridge and finally stepped off onto solid ground."

The ENFJ is a person in search of themselves.

I'll add that Arnie did not write this book himself. But there are passages which come from him, such as the one above.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Arnold was never in search of himself, more a way, bodybuilding was only a means to an end. I say estp but aren't going to run around trying to prove it. You guys have your fun...

Arnold was never in search of himself, more a way, bodybuilding was only a means to an end. I say estp but aren't going to run around trying to prove it. You guys have your fun...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That "end" was "my life, the answer I'd been seeking."

If you're talking about "finding myself," then there's also the INFJ who seeks inward. It's obvious from the quote above that Arnie was seeking outward for himself, the extraverted face of the NFJ was looking to the external world for the answers to who he was, his "answer" to himself.

Have you read the whole book?

Riva

I easiyl see him as an ISTP. Yes as an introvert. His extroversion seems to be an act put on by him. He is a promoter that is for sure. But not the extroverted type. But the introverted type that knows what he is doing and puts a bit of a mask to look good. Some people see him as a INTJ, because he is ambitious, a planner and excells in everything that he does and mainly beasue Kiersey says so. But we all know he isn't really good at typing people, tends to stereotype and see S types as people who fails to plan (which is incorrect.) Anyway it is easy to mix up determined ISTPs with INTJs. And I believe Arni is a determined ISTP who puts on an extroverted face to match his field of work .

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Have you read the whole book?
    No, but if someone had to read the whole book every time they needed a citation, then nobody would acquire college degrees.

No, but if someone had to read the whole book every time they needed a citation, then nobody would acquire college degrees.
    No, I mean have you ever?