0 0%
12 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Default Luna Lovegood, the poll version.

This was a point of division on the characters thread. I found the debate amusing and think we should reignite it.

MBTI
    GONE

Some sort of FP. I read in the 'where are they now' JK Rowling said Luna Lovegood gets married and is basically a sociologist or naturalist or something. I haven't read enough of her books but think Miss Lovegood is most certainly a dreamy, humanitarian, hippie.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

This thread was inspired by the following comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Nymma View Post
    Luna: INTP for sure. She shows complete apathy towards criticism and is always detached emotionally, even when she was in a cell in DH, she didn't show a hint of fear or distress. She is able to think the same in a dangerous situation as she would when being on a picnic. In OOTP she remained calm, so detached from everything... She reminded me of Dumbledore in crisis situations. Plus, she is bluntly honest, uncaring about other's feelings when she delivers what she think is the truth. She disliked Hagrid as a teacher because she finded him incompetent(INTP loath incompetence!) even though she probably had nothing against him as a person. It is clear she has INTP values, such as intelligence, truth... She thinks abstracally even though sometimes there's a fine line between her madness and genius...Yes, untypically of an INTPm she dosen't care for facts, but then who on earth fits any type 100%? She just puts more faith in her jugdgment than in evidence. And even though it may fail to show, Luna has quite a good logic,even if it's an eccentric one. (Resolved the egnima of the Ravenclaw portrait entrance quite easily while many like Hermione would have remained stuck. Plus she uses her head more than it appears, she was able to know that "Barny" was Harry, just by recognizing the same pattern in probably his manners, expressions,etc that would be unoticable for most people). And, it's quite common for INTP to be absent-minded, eccentric. It's beyond me why anyone would think of her as an INFP.
    Which was met by agreement by several members.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The problem is, I don't see T.

INTPs can be eccentric, but when we talk, we're usually discussing ideas in a blow-by-blow rational way.

The disjointed nature of Luna's comments seems far more F, with a lot of N absorption. She's simply make aesthetic observations -- like a girl twirling and dancing through a meadow of bright flowers, occasionally stopping to pick one and show it off -- and doesn't really care about a coherent description that explans anything at all. She's concerned about how things impact her own personal sensibilities. Which is self-absorbed F, not T. (You can see T far better in a girl like Hermione, in how she talks.)

Luna might say things without considering the emotional impact; but that's not because she's being T, it's because she's lost in her own inner beautiful fantasy world.

In OOTP she remained calm, so detached from everything... She reminded me of Dumbledore in crisis situations.
    What? I don't see them as anything alike. Both are detached characters, but Dumbledore is actually fully engaged and just wears obliviousness as a costume (he's actually paying attention to everything, as we continually find out)... it's part of his strategy to remain low-key and thus catch plotters off-guard ... he's actively thinking -- where Luna's actually not really engaged at all, she really IS unaware of a great deal, she's more experiencing perceptions and organizing them by inner priorities.

A lot of what is being credited to Luna as a positive is actually just pattern-matching skills of a large N. When an introvert in absorbed in N, this is what they look like.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Disclaimer: Jennifer has only seen the films and has not read the books.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Disclaimer: Jennifer has only seen the films and has not read the books.
    I know. It's a first, isn't it?

I wanted to read them first; but in typical P goofmode, I didn't plan well and had to gorge on the movies instead in time to see the last one in the theater. I did read 1.5 of them.

So I'm describing the movie Luna. The book Luna could be different.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

FWIW, Luna reminds me a lot of Laintpe.

INxP.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have to way in here. Luna Lovegood is actually pretty similar to mwah in personality. Especially when I was about her age. She seems to come across slightly differently in the books. There's lots of Fi fueled behavior tempered by reasoning. Examples Are the a painted pictures of everyone in her bed room.....when Harry sees those griffin things(she presented it as factual information, but it was meant as comfort.). There are more examples, those are just a couple off the top of my head. If she's right on the T/F boarder, it's hard to tell, and if like me she's ennegram 5.....she would present as she does, as intellectually skewed.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

As the anti-Jennifer, I read the books (and saw the movies). Luna struck me as an INFP in the books and the movies alike.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A lot of what is being credited to Luna as a positive is actually just pattern-matching skills of a large N. When an introvert in absorbed in N, this is what they look like.
    Agreed. She strikes me as an INxP who is heavily N, and in a way blurs the T/F. I still think what is being blurred is an introverted nature of an F lean, not T.