Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default What type was Charles Bukowski?

[youtube=OlWxnfmF7yY]Charles Bukowski interview part 6[/youtube]
    [youtube=lAhrr7JNlhk]Bukowski on the use of Marajuana and Booze[/youtube]

[youtube=RAi41ycNc2Y]Charles Bukowski: Born Into This (01/12)[/youtube]
    [youtube=FL4_byZiyo0]Bukowski Documentary Part 1 (of 5)[/youtube]
    [youtube=cECiIoBGLSI]Bukowski against Mickey Mouse[/youtube]

I think Charles Bukowski was an ENTP, what type do you think he was?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Reminds me of Tom Waits, who isn't entp.

You know what?

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

On second thought, I think ISTP.

Probably a 6w7?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'd say ISFP. I think he is Fi-dom. His yin & yang disillusionment with reality & fascination with its grit doesn't strike me as Ne-dom.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'd say ISFP. I think he is Fi-dom. His yin & yang disillusionment with reality & fascination with its grit doesn't strike me as Ne-dom.
    In interview, he says the only thing that truly interest him is the future, not the past, once he has wrote something, he forgot it because it's now part of the past and is focused on the future. Maybe he had Fi though. I watched the movie Barfly and the character of Henry Chinaski who is his alter ego seemed ENFP to me. I could see ENFP, but I'm not sure an FP would be able to be that cynic. Also, dirty realism and fascination for grit + delusionment with reality seem more like an NE/Si balance to me, true sensors are simply realist and focused on reality, not dirty realist in delusionment with reality.

Reminds me of Tom Waits
    That's because Tom Waits is a 6w5 Sx/Sp while Charles Bukowski was a 6w5 Sx/So, so they are similars. But that does'nt mean they share the same MBTI type. What type do you think Tom Waits is?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I could see ENFP, but I'm not sure an FP would be able to be that cynic.
    Haven't visited an INFP forum ever, huh?
    Dejected idealism is very gloomy & cynical....
    I resist typing him INFP only because it seems like a "claiming someone as my own type" trap, but I can't see him as an extrovert....and not a Ne-dom. I actually find ENTPs far more positive than INFPs, for example. I could buy INTP then, but I think IxxP, and I also lean towards Fi for him.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Haven't visited an INFP forum ever, huh?
    Dejected idealism is very gloomy & cynical....
    I resist typing him INFP only because it seems like a "claiming someone as my own type" trap, but I can't see him as an extrovert....and not a Ne-dom. I actually find ENTPs far more positive than INFPs, for example. I could buy INTP then, but I think IxxP, and I also lean towards Fi for him.
    I typed Charles Bukowski as an INFP here ( http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1577693 ), but at the same time I doubted it.

There's a lot of INFP traits with him. He was idiosincratic, a loner, he hardly could stand people. As a kid, he was the stereotypycal kid who is nice and fragile and always called last when it's time to form the football or baseball team. As a teenager, he was very socially isolated, that was due to his horrible acnea and his inability to get along positively with the external world and be likable. The only thing he wanted was to be alone in a cavern with enough books and alcoohol to end ten years. The simple fact to get a date at the ball prom and dance with a girl was purely and simply above his strength. At the same time, he was very athletic, strong tough and competitive in sport, wich can sounds S. But his views on life were far too much complex to be an SP I think. I think he could be counterphobic Type 6 INFP who built a sort of ESTJ character but was ultimately the total opposite if this.

Other video: [youtube=P5k05ZWtARc]Charles Bukowski interview part 8[/youtube]

I actually find ENTPs far more positive than INFPs, for example.
    It's not really that they are more positive.

The INFP who think the world turn quite wrong but that there's perhaps a good reason to love humanity: gloomy and sad.

The ENTP who think we are all going to hell and that there's no possible way to fix our problems: laugh at this.

I see that Ne-Ti way to see things here:

[youtube=2Yp77Y6FUCc]Charles Bukowski interview part 11[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

he is a hard one! it's very rare that you could buy someone as an istp or enfp or entp or isfp...damn...i just really don't know..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

He doesn't seem much of an extrovert. Like to get drunk alot by himself and ponder. I think INtp.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you're right actually...he doesn't dislike people but seems to feel better when they're not around haha

hmm...istp, isfp, intp or infp is my guess haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison