User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's too frustrating...haha sorry
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Up!

I think the Buk was ESFP: very similar to Hemingway, but with far more emotional emphasis. He was not a T, he did not care about logic. He was not NF either since he was not idealistic at all, very realistic and concrete and not abstract in his writing. If you look at this, his books are above all about sensory things like fucking, rumbling, drinking, etc, finding some abstract pattern being a secondary thing. And like in Hemingway, there's no symbolism at all.

No he could be ISFP, but I think he did not repress Te, but have puerile, then tertiary, Te. He was a loner extrovert because of his youth as an outcast, not necessarly a I. He was energetic, wery warm and cheerful and fun to be around according to people who met him.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Stansmith

ESxP 8? I'm reading one of his books at the moment and most of the writing so far seems to be made up of blunt sensory impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    ESxP 8? I'm reading one of his books at the moment and most of the writing so far seems to be made up of blunt sensory impressions.
    If I remember correctly, he had a very sensitive soul protected by a tough facade. He liked the idea of being a hardass, but was really just trying to prove to both himself and others that he wasn't a sissy.

I can skim through Ham on Rye again to refresh my memory, but my guess is xSFP 6w5 sx/sp.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

istp

His lifestyle feels like ESTP (alcoholism, promiscuity, anti-social behaviour)...

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    If I remember correctly, he had a very sensitive soul protected by a tough facade. He liked the idea of being a hardass, but was really just trying to prove to both himself and others that he wasn't a sissy.

I can skim through Ham on Rye again to refresh my memory, but my guess is xSFP 6w5 sx/sp.
    Ah, okay. If his alter ego in Factotum is anything to go off of, he seems to focus more on action without much reflection, which makes ESFP more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Ah, okay. If his alter ego in Factotum is anything to go off of, he seems to focus more on action without much reflection, which makes ESFP more likely.
    Have you watched any interviews with him?

He's just so... languid, all the time. He moves and speaks like a sloth. Very low key. In manners and presentation, he doesn't come off as Se dom at all, let alone a sx dom one.

Then again, I haven't read many of his books and my knowledge of him is limited at best.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I don't know, looking back on Women, dominant Ti just seems to be a good fit. He was likely Se aux. Plus, I used to write poetry and his poetry was closer to my style than any other poet I've read...I wasn't trying to emulate him either...my sister told me my poems reminded me of his writing so that's why I started reading his work.