• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

South Park Characters (formerly your favorite TV characters)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After viewing the OP with its 4/5 Intuitive characters, I began to wonder if things had improved. So I scanned the thread and found...

Nothing.

S

Society

Main Character Types:

Stan- ISTJ (the everyman who strives for security and balance in his lifestyle and often served as a voice of reason to his peers for much of the series).

Kyle- INFJ (very idealistic and principled, as well as people-focused and methodical in his approach of others).

Cartman- ENTJ

Kenny- ISTP

Butters- ISFJ (he's too people-oriented and security-minded to be classified as an INFP, and he also appears to exude a significant amount of Fe).

Wendy- INFJ (she's obviously an NF based on her excessive focus on humanitarian principles and strong-mindedness where it concerns her values, albeit I'd classify her as a Fe user based on the fact that much of her value system intends to aide those around her).

Randy- ESFP

Sharon- ISFJ

Sheila- ESFJ (she's pretty much a paragon for this type).

Liane Cartman- ISFP (quiet, complacent, easygoing, tries to cater to her son's needs, and doesn't appear to lead a particularly structured lifestyle).

Bebe Stevens- ESFJ (can be kind and sympathetic when she needs to be, but is also a follower of people's trends and tends to become gossipy and catty at certain instances).

Token- ISTJ (similarly to Stan, he is relatively structured, stable, and level-headed contrasted with several of the characters in this series).

Mr. Garrison- ESTP (he often acts on whim with little deliberation and doesn't appear to rely much on his personal feelings or that of others during decision-making).

Others:

Jimmy Valmer- ENFP

Craig Tucker- ISTP

Clyde Donovan- ISFP

Ike Broflovski- INTJ

Tammy Warner- ESFP

interesting - why the change? i personally agree more with your old list here to a larger extent:
My opinions on some of the South Park characters' Types:

Stan- ENTP
Kyle- INFJ
Cartman- immature ENTJ
Kenny- ISTP (don't know what else could fit him)
Butters- ISFJ
Wendy- ENFJ
Randy- ESFP
Sharon Marsh- ISTJ
Bebe- ESFP?
Chef- ENFJ
Mrs. Scotch (Butters' mother)- ISFJ
Mr. Scotch- ESFJ perhaps

stan/parker = ENTP (sort of). we know that stan is modeled after trey parker, and parker is an Ne dom pretty closely to jung's original. much like jung describes Ne dom blindspots as incapable of distinguishing between the object (what something is) and the potential (what it can be made into), parker shows a fierce awareness and indulgence the tingling cultural influence southpark gave him and he uses stan's voice to extreme, and as follows - so does stan use every situation. like wise, while his statements and speeches carry the tone of common sense, they mostly consist of calling other people out on their shit or in forming an alternative view point, which is the common interaction of Ne backed up with Ti.

kyle/stone = INFJ/ISTP, i am not so sure, but the same principle applies - he is more of an author's voice then a character, and i'd say that we are going by "mainstream psychology I/E = jungian psychology I/E", then he should be an introverted & a Ti user. i think he could be one of those [MENTION=8494]Sinmara[/MENTION] / [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] style ISTish INFJs or vise versa a [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] / [MENTION=1592]Gish[/MENTION] style INish ISTP.

here i disagree with both your assessments:
Wendy- INFJ (she's obviously an NF based on her excessive focus on humanitarian principles and strong-mindedness where it concerns her values, albeit I'd classify her as a Fe user based on the fact that much of her value system intends to aide those around her).
while i agree that she has a ton of Fe, her being an NF is not so obvious to me -their was a time when humanitarian & liberal ideals required the creative destruction of the current mold, but... not recently, if anything now the social taboo's in the west is to be anything but that. i'd say humanitarian & liberal ideals are very much the Si conventions of our times - and all of her ideals seem to be stripped straight from being raised in a progressive society in a very true-to-form way. i'd say she's either an ESFJ or ISFJ, probably ESFJ: school president, head cheerleader, domineering girlfriend... pretty much all of her roles have her controlling something or someone.

i pretty much agree with everyone else in the older list. in particular - why did you decide to change sharon from ISTJ to ISFJ?

After viewing the OP with its 4/5 Intuitive characters, I began to wonder if things had improved. So I scanned the thread and found...

Nothing.

why are you expecting fictional character population trends to follow RL population trends? personally i am not convinced its reasonable to apply even basic typology to fictional characters at all - at least not for any value beyond a fun thought experiment - let alone related research results (its rare enough that you have a show like this with a small enough team of writers for anyone to be type-persistent).

(on a less related note - didn't you suggest elsewhere that you disagree with current testing methodologies? if so, would surveys based on incorrect testing methods still be a good source of statistics?)

Last edited:
S

Stansmith

Stan - IST?
Kyle - ?NFJ
Cartman - ENTJ
Kenny - ISTP
Butters - ?SFJ

Mr. Garrison - ESTP
Mr. Mackey - ?SFJ
Randy - ESFP
Mr. Slave - ENFJ or ISFP, my memory's fuzzy.
Chef - Extrovert, Fe-Ti

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stan - ISTP
Kyle - INFP
Cartman - ENTJ
Kenny - ISTP
Butters - ISFJ
Wendy - ENFJ
Jimmy - INTP
Garrison - ESTJ (clearly te - fi)
Mackey - ESFJ
Slave - ISFP

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone relate to Mr Mackey, including Mr Mackey? Also why ask me? :unsure:

Mr. Mackey kind of strikes me as ExFP. I don't know that Fe would be so clueless about the social dynamics of recess. I'd buy Wendy as an ESFJ, though, or a Fe dom at least.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Stan - INTP
Kyle - ENFJ
I believe the above two are Trey and Matt's types, respectively, as well. Read this article: South Park has a silent partner

While Parker is handling the creative side of the show, someone needs to pull together the other elements of production. That's particularly true on a show like South Park, where episodes are routinely written and produced only a few days before they air. So while Stone occasionally directed episodes in the early years of the show, he's found his niche as the person who coordinates the episodes, making sure they arrive on time and under budget. This is the business side of things, which Parker can't handle because he's too busy writing and directing. Stone has no problem with focusing on his producing duties; he recently told IGN.com that "I am not a good director, I know that. I am not a very good actor either, and I know it, but it is good to know that."

Another important job Stone appears to have is as Parker's minder, his show-business babysitter. Like a lot of talented writers, Parker is self-admittedly anti-social, and prefers to stay home and work rather than deal with conflict. So Stone does it for him: a profile of the team in Rolling Stone magazine explained that Parker "doesn't like confrontation" -- it's Stone's job to fight censorship and contract battles with the network executives.

And he can keep Parker from doing in life what he does in his scripts. As a writer and as a person, Parker likes to say outrageous things to get a rise out of people. In that Rolling Stone piece, Stone mentions that Parker went up to a woman at a party and proclaimed "George Bush is a great man" just to make her angry. Without Stone to act as a go-between, you can imagine how Parker might say something just to get a network executive angry. It's a relationship reminiscent of Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld in the early years of Seinfeld, where the diplomatic Seinfeld smoothed things over for his volatile co-creator David. Every artist needs someone to protect him from himself.

And, finally, Stone has an important but annoying job: dealing with the media. When an episode sparks the controversy that Parker clearly craves -- like this year's episode where the Queen of England commits suicide and Hillary Clinton has a nuclear bomb hidden in her vagina -- Stone gives the interviews explaining that it's all in fun. And when voice actor Isaac Hayes quit the show last year over its attack on Scientology, it was Stone who went to the press and remarked that Hayes "got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show." Without Stone to defuse the controversy, Parker might not be able to get away with offending everyone all the time.

What Parker and Stone's relationship demonstrates, then, isn't just that the former is a more talented writer(or, at least, more interested in writing). It's that the less creative partner can perform an almost equally essential role. Without Parker, South Park would never get written, but without Stone, the episodes would never get made, and the show might have been cancelled years ago. In making a good television show, there are more important things than creativity.

It sounds to me a lot like Trey is an INTP and Matt is an ENxJ, leaning towards F, which fits considering Stan is based on Trey and Kyle is based on Matt.

Anyway:
Cartman - ENTJ (Just obvious)
Kenny - ISTP
Wendy - ENFJ
Randy - ESFP
Butters - ISFJ
Garrison - ESTP
Mackey - ESFJ

That's about all I have a real opinion on.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Wendy infp at the beg enfp
Stan estj
Kyle infp
Kenny isfj
Randy Beg enfp later esfj
Cartman estj sometimes esfj
Cartman's mom isfp
Butters esfj
Stan's mom estj
Craig istj
Token isfj
Jimmy esfp

Why do people peg kyle as infj, if he had good ni, he would have realized that beating up cartman would not change a thing.
Wendy, same thing, a lot of people typed her as fj of sort, but I did not understand why people see her as fe.

Last edited:

Snowfrost918

Cartman is too dumb to an ENTJ. ENTJ's are half INTJs. And being loud and aggressive does not imply you are entj.
"Too dumb" yet has shown himself to be an extremely capable strategist like what he did with Scott Tenorman, was trilingual by the age of nine, and in "Tsst" showed the potential for academics ("you got an A in math and a B+ in history!" within days of being put in his place he was able to catch up fairly quickly). He managed to cross over a barrier of reality and invade all networks through getting himself hated enough to rule in that pewdiepie episode
anyway, MBTI is not very related to intelligence at all, but he's an unhealthy ENTJ poster child. Te>Ni>Se>Fi. Se manifests in very odd ways. Inferior function is used for comedic effect a lot of the time. He's one of my favorite cartoon characters, no matter what he seems to support it's always for his own personal benefit :D
he's ENTJ 8w7 so/sx

others I would say:
Stan: INTP or ISTJ, I don't see an ISFP being so skeptical and he definitely seems introverted so ESTP is out of the question imo (I have a hard time typing him).
kyle: ENFJ.
Kenny: ISTP, even as mysterion I have a hard time seeing him as Fi-dom, unless he's saving the world his emotions never really surface and he's really mellow most of the time. 9w8
Mr. Garrison: ESfP? I've seen him typed as an ESFJ but it's hard for me to see that honestly, he doesn't have any regard for what other people think of him and usually goes off on a whim like he didn't with the election
Tweek: too fucked up by caffeine to tell
Wendy: ENFJ as well. Sort of strikes me as a more annoying Kyle.
Randy: ExFP. I'm slightly leaning towards ESFP
mackey: ISFP, m'kay?
Craig: ISTP??
Jimmy Valmer: ENTP
Timmy: ENFP
Butters: I used to think ISFJ but now I think he's probably an INFP. Poor kid.

What about Heidi Turner?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
eric cartman istp
stan istp
kyle infj
wendy infj fe
butters isfj

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm going to try to type Heidi Turner, since I haven't seen her typed on any online forums yet. Heidi, in my opinion, could possibly be an unhealthy ISFP at first glance acting like an angry ENTJ due to Cartman's toxic influence upon her. She seems to have quite a bit of Fi in her based upon what I have seen in recent seasons (it manifests as being rather unhealthy when she starts falling into patterns of self-loathing and victimization) and her tendency to overeat/ overindulge when stressed could seem like unhealthy auxiliary Se. Then again, I may be wrong. She also exhibits a Te sort of anger particularly when she is upset that makes her appear even more Cartman-ish.
Then again, besides ISFP, I think it would make a lot of sense for her to be an unhealthy INFP due to the fact that her character is intended to be more intelligent academically and good at the sciences (which is not to say ISFPs can't be), as well as more idealistic with an interest in serving the greater good and being relatively moral compared to most of the other girls in South Park (besides Wendy). While ISFP seems more sensual, artistic, individualistic, and earthy to me, which Heidi doesn't seem to be, INFP has more idealism to them and greater interest in abstract/ intellectual subjects rather than working with their hands. Heidi seems to be more of the latter to me, now that I think of it. ESTJ is also pretty much an ENTJ minus the quick intellectual wit and humor, which is what Heidi lacks as a "female Cartman."
Heidi Turner in my opinion is a depressed version of IxFP 9w1 (or maybe 2w1, depending on how you want to see her. She could be either an unhealthy ISFP or INFP, although I lean more toward INFP. This is also probably why an ENFJ like Kyle would become attracted to and try to "save" the depressed, but nice INFP girl who seems in a fragile state and in need of rescuing, in the most stereotypical mirror-relationship way.

What do you guys think Heidi's mbti type is?

Lark

I just think that The Boondocks was such a better animated TV series, way more laughs and not just a novel sort of animation based of the Pythons animated shorts and kids swearing.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Eric Cartman - ENTJ (Oh, is he ever)
Kyle Broflovski - INFJ
Stan Marsh - ISFP (Just the way he's always the only sane person in every situation just going with the flow BREATHES classic ISFP protagonist)
Kenny McCormick - ISTP (Especially as Mysterion)
Randy Marsh - ENFP
Butters Stotch - INFP
Mr. Garrison - ENTP
Wendy Testaburger - ESTJ (That one teacher's pet ESTJ girl we all had in school)
Jimmy Valmer - ENFP
Timmy Burch - ESFP
Ike Broflovski - INTP (Not much to go on with him, but this type seems the most appropriate)
Gerald Broflovski - ENTP
Liane Cartman - ESFJ
Chef - ENFJ
Mr. Mackey - ISFJ
PC Principal - ENTJ
Craig Tucker - ISTP (Or INTJ, but ISTP makes more sense)
Tweek Tweak - ENFP
Sharon Marsh - ISTJ
Sheila Broflovski - ESTJ
Clyde Donovan - ESFJ
Jimbo Kern - ESTP
Ned Gerblanski - ISTJ
Jesus - INFJ (Because of course)
Satan - INFP (Because why the Hell not?)
Saddam Hussein - ESFP
Heidi Turner - ISFJ

MBTI Type
INFP
Why ISFJ over ESFJ for Heidi? How is this girl an introvert, considering her bio on the South Park site describes her as bright and socially friendly and most of her suffering as a character came after she quit Twitter and lost the attention and connection to society she'd established through social media?
Most of her limited interactions prior to season 20 (ex. Marjorine) also showed her to be relatively popular and sociable, and it can be argued she was extroverted due to most of her encounters involving large groups of people.
She is also described as too "nice" in more recent seasons (although something about her seems fake to me... I'm not sure what), but does have a stubborn, angry side when pushed too far (Moss Piglets). Most importantly, although she is book smart, Heidi is incredibly naive and impressionable and easily influenced by the world around her and is apparently not a good judge of character.
People think Heidi is an ISFJ, but really, I just see so much dominant Fe in her. Heidi is literally an ESFJ stereotype.
I think the last 2 seasons kind of gave people the false perception Heidi Turner was an introvert when she is not due to her being shown in a bad place where she felt isolated and ignored by her friends and interacted mostly with her ex-boyfriend Eric Cartman. Needless to say, people really aren't their true selves when they are insecure or depressed, as Heidi was in seasons 20 and 21.
Maybe I am just looking way too much into this, but I do think this is something you should all consider. Feel free to hit me up with your arguments for or against her being an ESFJ and tell what you all think her type really is.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why ISFJ over ESFJ for Heidi? How is this girl an introvert, considering her bio on the South Park site describes her as bright and socially friendly and most of her suffering as a character came after she quit Twitter and lost the attention and connection to society she'd established through social media?
Most of her limited interactions prior to season 20 (ex. Marjorine) also showed her to be relatively popular and sociable, and it can be argued she was extroverted due to most of her encounters involving large groups of people.
She is also described as too "nice" in more recent seasons (although something about her seems fake to me... I'm not sure what), but does have a stubborn, angry side when pushed too far (Moss Piglets). Most importantly, although she is book smart, Heidi is incredibly naive and impressionable and easily influenced by the world around her and is apparently not a good judge of character.
People think Heidi is an ISFJ, but really, I just see so much dominant Fe in her. Heidi is literally an ESFJ stereotype.
I think the last 2 seasons kind of gave people the false perception Heidi Turner was an introvert when she is not due to her being shown in a bad place where she felt isolated and ignored by her friends and interacted mostly with her ex-boyfriend Eric Cartman. Needless to say, people really aren't their true selves when they are insecure or depressed, as Heidi was in seasons 20 and 21.
Maybe I am just looking way too much into this, but I do think this is something you should all consider. Feel free to hit me up with your arguments for or against her being an ESFJ and tell what you all think her type really is.

Getting ready on time was a big challenge for Heidi. So that might lead one to believe that she is a perceiving type. I might even go further and say she's an SFP, since these types seem to have more trouble with time than anyone else. SFP's grounding is mostly in what they are doing at that moment, so they don't realize how long they're taking, or how annoying and inconvenient this "one more thing" thing is for other people, which is an introverted feeling (Fi) thing.

Besides that, ESFJ's have a broader judgement of people, which would include a person's reputation (extraverted feeling), so they're less likely than an FP to allow themselves to become isolated as Heidi was. Additionally, an introvert is probably more likely to choose the one special relationship over her bigger group of friends. An introvert would still need those other relationships, if her main relationship was toxic. That's why I think she is probably more likely to be an introvert than an extrovert.

Therefore, I think she's an ISFP.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Just throwing this out there for the heck of it - what if Cartman was an extreme version of a ENFP in a ne te loop? I imagine that if an ENFP’s fi just got wiped off the face of the planet they could end up kind of like Cartman.
Anyway, I do agree that he’s an ENTJ. The extent to which he follows through on his whacky plans is the most delightfully Ni thing ever. Although I want to add that I think his psychology could potentially be/appear a little different to the types as we know them, given that he’s strongly implied to be a psychopath.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Just throwing this out there for the heck of it - what if Cartman was an extreme version of a ENFP in a ne te loop? I imagine that if an ENFP's fi just got wiped off the face of the planet they could end up kind of like Cartman. Anyway, I do agree that he's an ENTJ. The extent to which he follows through on his whacky plans is the most delightfully Ni thing ever. Although I want to add that I think his psychology could potentially be/appear a little different to the types as we know them, given that he's strongly implied to be a psychopath.
Actually, he seems more like an extreme version of an ENTJ with a huge Te-Se loop. Most of the time, Cartman just acts like an impulsive brat, and his aux-Ni is actually only visible when shit gets serious (or when he's starting a business scheme, and most of the time when he starts some such business like Crack Baby Basketball Association, we get this darker, serious, deviously intelligent Eric Cartman with a ruthless vision).
The thing is, Cartman is actually exuberant in his use of inferior Fi. He's prone to outbursts and complaining when things don't go his way, and it's this over-usage of emotions, as well as not being able to actually understand and deal with them (like a type with a stronger Fi, even an unhealthy ENFP might), that defines him as an unhealthy Te-dom.