Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Mr. Mackey - ESFJ??

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by idkman24 View Post
    Mr. Mackey - ESFJ??
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety do you relate to Mr mackey? Lol.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety do you relate to Mr mackey? Lol.
    Does anyone relate to Mr Mackey, including Mr Mackey? Also why ask me?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

After viewing the OP with its 4/5 Intuitive characters, I began to wonder if things had improved. So I scanned the thread and found...

Nothing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastarr View Post
    Main Character Types:

Stan- ISTJ (the everyman who strives for security and balance in his lifestyle and often served as a voice of reason to his peers for much of the series).

Kyle- INFJ (very idealistic and principled, as well as people-focused and methodical in his approach of others).

Cartman- ENTJ

Kenny- ISTP

Butters- ISFJ (he's too people-oriented and security-minded to be classified as an INFP, and he also appears to exude a significant amount of Fe).

Wendy- INFJ (she's obviously an NF based on her excessive focus on humanitarian principles and strong-mindedness where it concerns her values, albeit I'd classify her as a Fe user based on the fact that much of her value system intends to aide those around her).

Randy- ESFP

Sharon- ISFJ

Sheila- ESFJ (she's pretty much a paragon for this type).

Liane Cartman- ISFP (quiet, complacent, easygoing, tries to cater to her son's needs, and doesn't appear to lead a particularly structured lifestyle).

Bebe Stevens- ESFJ (can be kind and sympathetic when she needs to be, but is also a follower of people's trends and tends to become gossipy and catty at certain instances).

Token- ISTJ (similarly to Stan, he is relatively structured, stable, and level-headed contrasted with several of the characters in this series).

Mr. Garrison- ESTP (he often acts on whim with little deliberation and doesn't appear to rely much on his personal feelings or that of others during decision-making).

Others:

Jimmy Valmer- ENFP

Craig Tucker- ISTP

Clyde Donovan- ISFP

Ike Broflovski- INTJ

Tammy Warner- ESFP

interesting - why the change? i personally agree more with your old list here to a larger extent:
    My opinions on some of the South Park characters' Types:

Stan- ENTP
    Kyle- INFJ
    Cartman- immature ENTJ
    Kenny- ISTP (don't know what else could fit him)
    Butters- ISFJ
    Wendy- ENFJ
    Randy- ESFP
    Sharon Marsh- ISTJ
    Bebe- ESFP?
    Chef- ENFJ
    Mrs. Scotch (Butters' mother)- ISFJ
    Mr. Scotch- ESFJ perhaps

stan/parker = ENTP (sort of). we know that stan is modeled after trey parker, and parker is an Ne dom pretty closely to jung's original. much like jung describes Ne dom blindspots as incapable of distinguishing between the object (what something is) and the potential (what it can be made into), parker shows a fierce awareness and indulgence the tingling cultural influence southpark gave him and he uses stan's voice to extreme, and as follows - so does stan use every situation. like wise, while his statements and speeches carry the tone of common sense, they mostly consist of calling other people out on their shit or in forming an alternative view point, which is the common interaction of Ne backed up with Ti.

kyle/stone = INFJ/ISTP, i am not so sure, but the same principle applies - he is more of an author's voice then a character, and i'd say that we are going by "mainstream psychology I/E = jungian psychology I/E", then he should be an introverted & a Ti user. i think he could be one of those @Sinmara / @Lexicon style ISTish INFJs or vise versa a @superunknown / @Gish style INish ISTP.

here i disagree with both your assessments:
    Wendy- INFJ (she's obviously an NF based on her excessive focus on humanitarian principles and strong-mindedness where it concerns her values, albeit I'd classify her as a Fe user based on the fact that much of her value system intends to aide those around her).
    while i agree that she has a ton of Fe, her being an NF is not so obvious to me -their was a time when humanitarian & liberal ideals required the creative destruction of the current mold, but... not recently, if anything now the social taboo's in the west is to be anything but that. i'd say humanitarian & liberal ideals are very much the Si conventions of our times - and all of her ideals seem to be stripped straight from being raised in a progressive society in a very true-to-form way. i'd say she's either an ESFJ or ISFJ, probably ESFJ: school president, head cheerleader, domineering girlfriend... pretty much all of her roles have her controlling something or someone.

i pretty much agree with everyone else in the older list. in particular - why did you decide to change sharon from ISTJ to ISFJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    After viewing the OP with its 4/5 Intuitive characters, I began to wonder if things had improved. So I scanned the thread and found...

Nothing.
    why are you expecting fictional character population trends to follow RL population trends? personally i am not convinced its reasonable to apply even basic typology to fictional characters at all - at least not for any value beyond a fun thought experiment - let alone related research results (its rare enough that you have a show like this with a small enough team of writers for anyone to be type-persistent).

(on a less related note - didn't you suggest elsewhere that you disagree with current testing methodologies? if so, would surveys based on incorrect testing methods still be a good source of statistics?)
    Last edited by Society; 12-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Stansmith

Stan - IST?
    Kyle - ?NFJ
    Cartman - ENTJ
    Kenny - ISTP
    Butters - ?SFJ

Mr. Garrison - ESTP
    Mr. Mackey - ?SFJ
    Randy - ESFP
    Mr. Slave - ENFJ or ISFP, my memory's fuzzy.
    Chef - Extrovert, Fe-Ti

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Stan - ISTP
    Kyle - INFP
    Cartman - ENTJ
    Kenny - ISTP
    Butters - ISFJ
    Wendy - ENFJ
    Jimmy - INTP
    Garrison - ESTJ (clearly te - fi)
    Mackey - ESFJ
    Slave - ISFP

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Does anyone relate to Mr Mackey, including Mr Mackey? Also why ask me?
    Mr. Mackey kind of strikes me as ExFP. I don't know that Fe would be so clueless about the social dynamics of recess. I'd buy Wendy as an ESFJ, though, or a Fe dom at least.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    xNTJ

Stan - INTP
    Kyle - ENFJ
    I believe the above two are Trey and Matt's types, respectively, as well. Read this article: South Park has a silent partner

While Parker is handling the creative side of the show, someone needs to pull together the other elements of production. That's particularly true on a show like South Park, where episodes are routinely written and produced only a few days before they air. So while Stone occasionally directed episodes in the early years of the show, he's found his niche as the person who coordinates the episodes, making sure they arrive on time and under budget. This is the business side of things, which Parker can't handle because he's too busy writing and directing. Stone has no problem with focusing on his producing duties; he recently told IGN.com that "I am not a good director, I know that. I am not a very good actor either, and I know it, but it is good to know that."

Another important job Stone appears to have is as Parker's minder, his show-business babysitter. Like a lot of talented writers, Parker is self-admittedly anti-social, and prefers to stay home and work rather than deal with conflict. So Stone does it for him: a profile of the team in Rolling Stone magazine explained that Parker "doesn't like confrontation" -- it's Stone's job to fight censorship and contract battles with the network executives.

And he can keep Parker from doing in life what he does in his scripts. As a writer and as a person, Parker likes to say outrageous things to get a rise out of people. In that Rolling Stone piece, Stone mentions that Parker went up to a woman at a party and proclaimed "George Bush is a great man" just to make her angry. Without Stone to act as a go-between, you can imagine how Parker might say something just to get a network executive angry. It's a relationship reminiscent of Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld in the early years of Seinfeld, where the diplomatic Seinfeld smoothed things over for his volatile co-creator David. Every artist needs someone to protect him from himself.

And, finally, Stone has an important but annoying job: dealing with the media. When an episode sparks the controversy that Parker clearly craves -- like this year's episode where the Queen of England commits suicide and Hillary Clinton has a nuclear bomb hidden in her vagina -- Stone gives the interviews explaining that it's all in fun. And when voice actor Isaac Hayes quit the show last year over its attack on Scientology, it was Stone who went to the press and remarked that Hayes "got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show." Without Stone to defuse the controversy, Parker might not be able to get away with offending everyone all the time.

What Parker and Stone's relationship demonstrates, then, isn't just that the former is a more talented writer(or, at least, more interested in writing). It's that the less creative partner can perform an almost equally essential role. Without Parker, South Park would never get written, but without Stone, the episodes would never get made, and the show might have been cancelled years ago. In making a good television show, there are more important things than creativity.
    It sounds to me a lot like Trey is an INTP and Matt is an ENxJ, leaning towards F, which fits considering Stan is based on Trey and Kyle is based on Matt.

Anyway:
    Cartman - ENTJ (Just obvious)
    Kenny - ISTP
    Wendy - ENFJ
    Randy - ESFP
    Butters - ISFJ
    Garrison - ESTP
    Mackey - ESFJ

That's about all I have a real opinion on.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Wendy infp at the beg enfp
    Stan estj
    Kyle infp
    Kenny isfj
    Randy Beg enfp later esfj
    Cartman estj sometimes esfj
    Cartman's mom isfp
    Butters esfj
    Stan's mom estj
    Craig istj
    Token isfj
    Jimmy esfp

Why do people peg kyle as infj, if he had good ni, he would have realized that beating up cartman would not change a thing.
    Wendy, same thing, a lot of people typed her as fj of sort, but I did not understand why people see her as fe.
    Last edited by draon9; 07-02-2015 at 01:10 PM.