User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Esfp

Default Ever Date Someone For an Odd Reason?

Have you? Maybe liked her first name a lot, maybe dated him becuase of how he organizes his office? Etc, etc?

Ill share *

I am with the guy Im dating right now because of the way he challenges me, in arguements and debates, he has a style to it. Without that, I dont know if I would date him, I would be real bored. What he does is that, he gets me all off-guard, then throws a fastball.
    It is exciting. Ive even lost some arguements to him because of his skill at this. He has the Best jabs at me, he will quietly say some one-liner, while Im reading a book or watching tv, about my current behavior contradicting something Ive said in the past, and, its awesome.
    *I still out-argue him, but my having to talk extensively as I maneuver/improvize my arguement to show how there is no contradiction, that it is*"more complex than that". The extensive explanation I formulated made my arguement appear weaker than it was, so he won.*

Its just enthralling, and amusing, and just Great. He is amazing.

Have you ever dated someone for a wierd reason?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Couldn't your seeming reasons for being attracted to anyone be ridiculous?

"We both like arguing."

"I am impressed by his extensive knowledge of film and his unique film collection."

"We both like 80's music."

"He wrote this cool poem, so I knew he had inner depth."

I mean, isn't interest always sparked on something like that? Besides physical attraction. Then you get to know them and decide if the fascination leads to anything more.

Though I will say liking someone's first name is a truly weird reason to date someone, that one makes no sense to me.

Of course in all of this I'm presuming by "dating" you actually mean courting, "talking" or getting to know someone or casually dating.

Because if you're in a committed relationship with someone just because of the way he argues, yes, that's pretty fucking weird.

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Esfp

Ok, well. Iwas asking for wierd reasons, not interesting reasons. Thats why I used the worda "wierd" and "odd".

People do different things than normal, so, I asked about that. My question was not "Are you ever interest in someone because you both use a toilet?", wait, wait, no, here is Normal, what you said: "We both listen to 80's music", thats boring to ask a question to a forum about that. I want the dirt

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hooray, someone thinks I'm Normal.

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Esfp

Ive dated a guy because of his first name too, and yes, I mean commitment, which is like a few months for me, but I havent dated anyone based on their office being clean. That was an example. Pretty good one, id say.

No! I didnt say that, you could be entirely wierd, wierdness is way cooler than boring. Wait. Normal is fun too. Okay, ILl just say that you are Awesome, and The World. That solves everything.

Anyway,
    Anyone want to contribute by answering the question

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Not dated, but I have a thing for hands-- veiny, with a nice color contrast, and bony wrists OH MY GOD.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by spleen View Post
    Ive dated a guy because of his first name too, and yes, I mean commitment, which is like a few months for me, but I havent dated anyone based on their office being clean. That was an example. Pretty good one, id say.

Anyway,
    Anyone want to contribute by answering the question
    But like, enjoying the company of someone skilled in debate or who keeps his office very organized (i.e. he's a clean, organized person) are "normal" reasons to pick someone, too, just as normal as if you both like 80's music. If two people enjoy debating and arguing, then that's a shared interest, and certainly not unheard of in an ENTP.

I mean I've thought certain guys names were cuter than others, yet I wouldn't be attracted to someone for that one reason... that's the only truly weird thing you've said so far, honestly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Not dated, but I have a thing for hands-- veiny, with a nice color contrast, and bony wrists OH MY GOD.
    I is liking pretty man hands too!

But in my case, more like graceful "artistic" hands. You should visit my man hands thread in the adult sexuality/mature topics threads section.

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But like, enjoying the company of someone skilled in debate or who keeps his office very organized (i.e. he's a clean, organized person) are "normal" reasons to pick someone, too, just as normal as if you both like 80's music. If two people enjoy debating and arguing, then that's a shared interest, and certainly not unheard of in an ENTP.

I mean I've thought certain guys names were cuter than others, yet I wouldn't be attracted to someone for that one reason... that's the only truly weird thing you've said so far, honestly.
    His name was Brax. He even drove a huge Bronco. I mean "Brax", thats pretty memorable.*
    Yeah, thats true, about offices bring clean and people getting off on that, Im sure the entire Accounting department rates the sexuality of their desks, and object organization of the desk. LIFO, FIFO it. Mix them bins up. Maybe trade their trash cans, sift through it, see how clean it is, then go have sex.*

Im just playing, you do have a great point, im just playing
    Last edited by spleen; 06-16-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I spelrl thngse wrng

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i decided i liked my ex when he said the cheese on his pizza was behaving weird...haha and in hs i dated someone who stuttered because he was adorable about it...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison