User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've pity-dated; that's sort of "weird". I'm not dating my boyfriend for this reason, but one thing that initially made him appeal to me was that he is multi-lingual (in addition to English, he's fluent in French & Spanish & speaks some Italian).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

ThatGirl

The most ridiculous reason I have had for dating someone was that I was convinced I should give them a shot.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I considered dating my current bf (isfp) partially because my entp friend was like "hey you're an istp and I know this guy who's totally a istp, you should hang out"

That's pretty odd, I think. Not the reason we dated but it made me pay more attention to him when we met, which I'm sure helped. Even if he isn't istp after all.
    -end of thread-

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    The most ridiculous reason I have had for dating someone was that I was convinced I should give them a shot.
    I've done that too. So ridiculous, felt ridiculous at the time too. Still mad at myself for it.

I get the thing about a guy's first name though. There are a few that are just so damn manly, that they are a pleasure to utter. Conversely, I've been weirdly turned off by first names too. (Not enough to not date the person, just to have a bummer moment. But when I've broken up with the guy, I've had a weird flash of remembering what I initially thought of that name and cursed myself for not paying more attention to silly little 'stop' signs like that.)

And, I think I get some attention due to my Australian accent, I suspect that that is a funny little reason men might have been interested in me.

ThatGirl

I have dated a lot of men who's names start with an E, and, or are a Scorpio. Or are an EP.

I also have a thing for E F G D names.

I hate Jaquelin and J names for some reason.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, I love names like Jordan and Sterling, but I don't think that's the only reason why I would date a person, because he had a name like that.

I've also had crushes on men with horrible names, like Oleg.

I don't put a lot of stock into names, I don't take them as signs, but I fucking hate the name Bob.

You will never see me dating Bob.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh, I love names like Jordan and Sterling, but I don't think that's the only reason why I would date a person, because he had a name like that.

I've also had crushes on men with horrible names, like Oleg.

I don't put a lot of stock into names, I don't take them as signs, but I fucking hate the name Bob.

You will never see me dating Bob.
    Jordan has a D in it so it isn't as bad as other names.

I actually read either a study or something that said we do pick partners based on a certain level of familiarity. Some of which could be names. There are certain emotions associated with certain letters or names, and people tend to have similar experiences based off those reactive cause and effect responses.

Actually I think that was half what I read and half my own theory.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I have dated a lot of men who's names start with an E, and, or are a Scorpio. Or are an EP.

I also have a thing for E F G D names.

I hate Jaquelin and J names for some reason.
    Hm... I have dated or ahem such 6 separate people called Emma. Is it possible people are just fond of naming children E-something?
    Must be a conspiracy.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

ThatGirl

Mine were always Ed-fill in the blank. The funniest was Edson, I said, "What did your parent's say this is Ed and he is my son."

He wasn't amused. Lol

ReflecTcelfeR

She had this mole...