• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Howl's Moving Castle

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Howl: ISFP or ENFP 7w8 or 4w3 sx/sp or sp/sx
Sofie: ISFJ 1w2 sx/so
Calcifer: ESTP 7w8 or 8w7 sp/so
Markle: E?TJ or E?SP 8w7 sp/sx
Wicked Witch of the Waste: ENTJ 3w4 sp/so

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to spare people from my attempt to type anything. But I really wonder if a talking hearth-bound flame has a type, and if you can pin one on it, would it be siginficantly different between the different dubs of the movie.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to spare people from my attempt to type anything. But I really wonder if a talking hearth-bound flame has a type, and if you can pin one on it, would it be siginficantly different between the different dubs of the movie.

Calcifer has a very distinct personality in the dub, but he may have a different personality depending on the different dubs as well

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Howl: ISFP or ENFP 7w8 or 4w3 sx/sp or sp/sx
Sofie: ISFJ 1w2 sx/so
Calcifer: ESTP 7w8 or 8w7 sp/so
Markle: E?TJ or E?SP 8w7 sp/sx
Wicked Witch of the Waste: ENTJ 3w4 sp/so

I've seen the English dubbed version of the movie. I'm not sure about the book, haven't read it. Sophie's type fits her well. I always related to her even though I'm an infp.

How is Howl not an entp, like a unhealthy and annoyingly arrogant entp?

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Howl is ENFP, and 4w3, but I can see why you would consider ISFP. The rest look correct as well.

@above: No way is he a T, the guy just exudes Fi.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Howl is ENFP, and 4w3, but I can see why you would consider ISFP. The rest look correct as well.

@above: No way is he a T, the guy just exudes Fi.

agreed, the way he talked, moved and dressed were completely Fi