• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Beatles

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is describing the Ni type. The enneatype described here is 4.

No.

That describes the anti-Si Individualist type 4.

He was an individualist but not especially anti-Si. He had a wing 4, bu did'nt see the world on the emotives angles, he was self-contained and rational: 5.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.

He was an individualist but not especially anti-Si. He had a wing 4, bu did'nt see the world on the emotives angles, he was self-contained and rational: 5.

The type 2 is the emotivist of the Enneagram. The type 4 is the intuitionist, speaking to that which they tend to lead with in life, or that power which tends to dominate.

Lennon states in the 1980 interview that he saw things that others couldn't see: Ni. He was anti-tradition, the Si is pro-tradition. The Ni is more typically anti-tradition than the Ti who is merely indifferent to it. And Lennon does not describe himself as intellectual in the Ti sense. He does not express any interest whatsoever in Ti subjects such as math and science. And he was an Artist in the type 4 sense, desiring to express his intuition indirectly through his art in an attempt to be understood. "I was different from the others. I was different all my life."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type 2 is the emotivist of the Enneagram. The type 4 is the intuitionist, speaking to that which they tend to lead with in life, or that power which tends to dominate.

4s are emotivist, they react to situations according to their emotional meanings, not their stricly materials manifestation.

Lennon states in the 1980 interview that he saw things that others couldn't see: Ni. He was anti-tradition, the Si is pro-tradition. The Ni is more typically anti-tradition than the Ti who is merely indifferent to it. And Lennon does not describe himself as intellectual in the Ti sense.

Si is about managing your life following through past experiences and organised concrete data, before being about tradition (it's nothing more tan a cliché) Ni is about envision an organised future or vision on your own. Lennon was not a planner. You don't need to have Ni to be anti-traditionalist. Tons of anti-traditionalist have not Ni. Ti is about logic and understanding, not a bout a specific form of intelectualism.

He does not express any interest whatsoever in Ti subjects such as math and science.

Cliché. Laugh.

And he was an Artist in the type 4 sense, desiring to express his intuition indirectly through his art in an attempt to be understood. "I was different from the others. I was different all my life."

He was different and an artist but he has no Envy, wich is the 4 thing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4s are emotivist, they react to situations according to their emotional meanings, not their stricly materials manifestation.

Si is about managing your life following through past experiences and organised concrete data, before being about tradition (it's nothing more tan a cliché) Ni is about envision an organised future or vision on your own. Lennon was not a planner. You don't need to have Ni to be anti-traditionalist. Tons of anti-traditionalist have not Ni. Ti is about logic and understanding, not a bout a specific form of intelectualism.

Cliché. Laugh.

I'm glad you think this is so funny. :) And your idea that envy is a '4 thing' is also a cliche.

There is no evidence one way or another about Lennon's organizational skills. All your "evidence" is based on your external impression of him. It's better to take him at his word. His very statements express Ni and anti-Si, and Si is very traditionalist among other things, either as a way of life or as just a way of gathering information. It is obvious from the interview I quoted that Lennon was against Si-tradition as a way of life, he would have known nothing about information-gathering methods. I said nothing about J or P. And I don't believe that I/E determine MBTI type, that is an MBTI logical fallacy based on an assumption.

Yes of course anybody can be anti-Si except for the Si person. However, Lennon's reasons for being anti-Si make the difference here. Some, like James Dean in that movie, are rebels without a cause. Lennon was a rebel with a cause, and that cause was individualism, or better, individualistic expression.

All we have to go on here are Lennon's words, and our cliche-based interpretations - which are supported by all the typology books and websites - and a lot of pseudo-science.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm glad you think this is so funny. :) And your idea that envy is a '4 thing' is also a cliche.

No, it is the passion of the type, if you don't have issues on it, you're not a 4. Learn a little.

There is no evidence one way or another about Lennon's organizational skills.

That guy even did'nt know where he put his watch.

All your "evidence" is based on your external impression of him.

No.

It's better to take him at his word. His very statements express Ni and anti-Si,

Cognitive functions are not expressed in word.

It is obvious from the interview I quoted that Lennon was against Si-tradition as a way of life,

He was anti treadition, not anti-si, and even if he was, that would be a proof that he is an Ne user.

he would have known nothing about information-gathering methods. I said nothing about J or P. And I don't believe that I/E determine MBTI type, that is an MBTI logical fallacy based on an assumption.

Intellectual masturbation.

Yes of course anybody can be anti-Si except for the Si person. However, Lennon's reasons for being anti-Si make the difference here. Some, like James Dean in that movie, are rebels without a cause. Lennon was a rebel with a cause, and that cause was individualism, or better, individualistic expression.

Hem, James Dean was about individualistic expression too. James Deasn, however, was a true 4w5.

All we have to go on here are Lennon's words,

No, because he was not only a guy who talks.

and our cliche-based interpretations - which are supported by all the typology books and websites - and a lot of pseudo-science.

You are a pseudo-typist, that'ts the only thing I'am sure about.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are a pseudo-typist, that'ts the only thing I'am sure about.

Irrelevant. That is the logical equivalent of calling you to the floor for being a teenager. Therefore, I rest satisfied with my call as to John Lennon's type.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's intelectual masturbation. For sure you're satisfied with this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's intelectual masturbation. For sure you're satisfied with this.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Sore loser. Anyway, you don't know that John Lennon lacked envy, even if that category matters.

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
John Lennon ENFP 7w6
Paul McCartney- ESFP 3w2
George Harrison- He's the toughest, i personally think ISTP(The same functions as an INFJ, so i think that's why he gets typed as one. He's not very talkative and he seems outwardly very serious, so that would suggest to me that he's not a dominant perceiver. In early interviews, he also seems like the one in charge, the spokesperson of the group if you like and in one interview he even mentions the future, he talks about starting a business, this might suggest that he's an INTJ, future oriented or whatever but if you read personalty junkie (PJ) it says this- "To understand ISTPs, or other IP types, it is necessary to recognize the full implications of their dominant function being a Judging function. I discuss this issue in my post, Rethinking Judging and Perceiving in IPs & IJs. In short, I suggest that ISTPs are best viewed as predominant Judgers and display many characteristics of EJs, only that these behaviors are directed inwardly or toward themselves."- This would explain why i often see ESTJ when i watch Harrison in interviews. I don't think he's an ESTJ as i think he would have asserted himself more regarding material, in the early days i think he saw himself more as the businessman but then of course he developed an interest in songwriting and of course went on to become a very good one but that was the reason for a lot of tension in the group, he felt kept down by Lennon and McCartney. If you look on PJ, which is my favorite site, you'll see that the ISTP fits him perfectly. Harrison had a spiritual awakening and an ISTP can certainly be spiritual, they have tertiary Ni after-all. The only other type that i can see him as is ISFP( some even think INTJ and they have the same functions). I don't think he is though because he seems to have Fe but you see it develop overtime in the same way that you see Fe develop overtime in somebody like Martin Scorcese( ENTP), if you watch early interviews and then later ones, you'll see his Fe develop, of course the argument could be, well maybe he just became more comfortable in front of the camera and i'd say that's nonsense because if you were gonna act in some way or put on a kind of act, it would be more hammy or whatever and i couldn't imagine Harrison playing up to a camera, i'm seeing inferior Fe,. He has a harder edge than an ISFP i think and also his humour(i don't think in that interview), could actually be very biting and also he could be a bit.......hmm, well he would make little digs at Paul in interviews and that could be seen as slightly passive aggressive, which is more characteristic of a Ti or Fi user, so i personally think he's an ISTP, my second guess would ISFP.
Ringo Starr- I do love Ringo but i haven't seen many interviews with him, i would guess XSXP

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Lennon had a TON of envy, are you INSANE? He was extremely envious of and threatened by other artists. I would say envy is one of his defining qualities. Probably 95% of his problems with Paul were a matter of envious resentment. He also had a ton of envy for Bob Dylan's ability to express his vision without making commercial compromises. Even though he was a big admirer, Lennon said they both got very uptight around each other, more or less because they were a bit threatened by the other. I mean, not that this proves anything, but Lennon even famously wrote an autobiographical song called "Jealous Guy" :newwink:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lennon had a TON of envy, are you INSANE? He was extremely envious of and threatened by other artists. I would say envy is one of his defining qualities. Probably 95% of his problems with Paul were a matter of envious resentment.

Well, he also said that Paul liked to write "granny music" which cracks me up. I guess he didn't like "Honey Pie."

He also had a ton of envy for Bob Dylan's ability to express his vision without making commercial compromises. Even though he was a big admirer, Lennon said they both got very uptight around each other, more or less because they were a bit threatened by the other. I mean, not that this proves anything, but Lennon even famously wrote an autobiographical song called "Jealous Guy" :newwink:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lennon - ENTP
McCartney - ESFP
Harrison - INFJ
Starr - ISxP

yeghor

John: 5w4 Sx/So INTP
Paul: 3w2 Sp/Sx ESFP
George: 1w9 Sp/Sx ISFP
Ringo: 9w8 So/Sx ESFP

Lennon - ESTP 7w8 sx/sp
McCartney - ENFJ 3w2 so/sp
Harrison - ISTP 9w1 sp/so
Starr - ISFJ 2w3 so/sx

My take:

John Lennon - ISTP (agree with enneagram 5)

Lennon was an aggressive man.

Paul McCartney - ESFJ (agree with enneagram 3)
George Harrison - ISFJ (agree with enneagram 9)
Ringo Starr - ISFP (enneagram 4)

May Pang (Lennon's previous girlfriend) - ISFP

Yoko Ono - ESTJ

EDIT: More on Yoko:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lennon - ENTP
McCartney - ESFP
Harrison - INFJ
Starr - ISxP
Mostly agree with this but I finally settled on ENFP for john. He is so fi. I went from infp to intj to enfp because him being an intuitive fi user was the only thing clear until watching countless videos. Also...no one beams at someone they love like an enfp. watch how he looks at paul. <3

Akhromant

John Lennon: ENTP (Ne-Te-Fi-Si)
Paul McCartney: ISFP (Si-Fi-Te-Ne)
George Harrison: ESTP (Se-Te-Fi-Ni)
Ringo Starr: ENFP (Ne-Fe-Ti-Si)
Yoko Ono: INFJ (Fi-Ni-Se-Te)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lennon reads like an introvert or one of the more "ambiverted" types if you look at accounts of him just hanging out and shooting the shit with close friends. Never go by accounts of his party days during the Lost Weekend, because he was stoned in some form or another through most of that period.

The first time he met Bowie, they were both somewhat shy. Bowie insisted his friend and album producer Tony Visconti join them to "broker" a meeting. Bowie initially sat on the floor and quietly drew on a sketchpad, so Visconti took it on himself to make conversation and just asked John questions about stuff like chords used on Beatles songs. Finally Lennon asked Bowie what he was sketching, so Bowie revealed he had been sketching portraits of John. John then picked up a pad and started sketching Bowie. That was what it took to break the ice. I think Lennon was a lot more reserved and withdrawn than the impression we tend to get from his public persona. A lot of what we see was very much a defense mechanism and armor. Of course he had no problem being the life of the party or the center of attention at times

I think ENFP (maybe ENTP) fits Lennon. Either typing fits closely with (if not exclusive to) his tendency to play the cynic and the "class clown". He also had that way of remaining endearing even when he was being somewhat a prick, something I am jealous of the ENFPs pulling off so casually. He reminds me a good deal of Hunter Thompson, probably another ENFP

Another thing, and I realize it's not limited to any specific type, but the man was obsessed with the new and novel. He was one of the first British musicians to obtain a mellotron, something that was still very much new tech in the mid 60s. Not to mention the experimentation with styles and genres that would be considered new and novel at the time some of the later Beatle albums were recorded. I've no doubt that had he lived, he would have continued to embrace the latest technology, music styles and production techniques given the opportunity to continue producing music into the 80s and 90s. Very little interest in "re-doing" the past, which is probably why a Beatles reunion was unlikely in the years immediately following the breakup, though I think John would've probably come around to the idea of a renion tour circa late 80s to mid 90s, a point when a lot of the old guard rockers of the 60s and 70s were attempting their comebacks and reunions despite many having said they would never play together again (The Eagles *gross* is a good example of this sudden nostalgia boom in the late 80s; incidentally it's also around the time Bowie launched a big1990 tour covering his old hits with the intention of playing them "one last time" for fans, even though he would continue to play a lot of those hits again on subsequent tours).

Incidentally, I would put Visconti as some form of TJ and Bowie as either ISFP or INFJ (with INTP a less likely, remote third option)

Last edited: