User Tag List

Thread: Gilmore Girls

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Gilmore Girls

I've been watching Gilmore Girls lately with my girlfriend. Seen season 6 so far and am at the beginning of season 7 now. I have been fighting my girlfriend for many weeks so I dont have to watch this, but now since I have given in, I have grown to like it. And now I am totally into it .

I have a very subjective way of projecting stuff into the persons, since I watch that show free of any methodical or scientific approach, so excuse me when I type the people a bit biased .

So here's an attempt:

Lorelei: infj
    Rory: intj
    Christopher: entp
    Luke: istj
    Logan: estp
    Kirk: intj
    Taylor: estj
    Emily: esfj
    Richard: estj
    Paris: entj
    Lane: infp
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Lorelei is generally agreed on as a classic ENFP.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ore-girls.html
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well just because something is generally agreed on it doesnt mean it's true or I have to too.

To me she feels more infp maybe not infj. She talks little to none about her problems, not without someone poking her with a stick long enough. Besides that she not so flighty like enfps and in the combination with Sookie who I think is esfj they make a good beta quadra couple according to socionics.

Dunno its difficult with fictional chars

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

She seems pretty flighty to me. At least when dealing with those stodgy older people.
    I don't see where "talking about one's problems" is a necessary extravert trait (though many of them might do it), but then they often say that ENP's often have less of those traits anyway.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    abcd

Agree ENFP for Lorelei. Rory seems more of an INFJ.
    What about Jess (Milo Ventimiglia)? INTP, but when he returns as writer he seems more of an INFP...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    She talks little to none about her problems, not without someone poking her with a stick long enough. Besides that she not so flighty like enfps and in the combination with Sookie who I think is esfj they make a good beta quadra couple according to socionics.
    That might have more to do with her past than her type.

MBTI
    INFJ

Kirk's beyond typing, isn't he? He's just an odd, odd man. Glad you are growing to like the show!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    She seems pretty flighty to me. At least when dealing with those stodgy older people.
    I don't see where "talking about one's problems" is a necessary extravert trait (though many of them might do it), but then they often say that ENP's often have less of those traits anyway.
    Well actually it is. Probably the most qualifieing thing to score E is that you explode internally if you dont find someone to talk about when someone really bothers you. I think Lorelei is very silent when it comes to talking about her problems, that may be a cultural thing tho. my gf is an I and she gets crazy at times because Lorelei just doesnt talk about things. Could be a movie thing aswell, to keep the audience watching .

I dunno the lack of a sweet intellectual nature infp's sometimes have is one arguement to convince me she could be enfp, but I dont know. She's for sure a heavy Fi user.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Agree ENFP for Lorelei. Rory seems more of an INFJ.
    What about Jess (Milo Ventimiglia)? INTP, but when he returns as writer he seems more of an INFP...
    I like Logan, cant stand Jess. Was happy Rory didnt seriously date him in season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    That might have more to do with her past than her type.
    And what if her past was influenced by her type ? Can you really separate that ?

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    Kirk's beyond typing, isn't he? He's just an odd, odd man. Glad you are growing to like the show!
    Ya Kirk's odd.. prolly from Mars. Hope he marries that school teacher girl in season 7. Dont spoil I havent seen it yet