• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gilmore Girls

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been watching Gilmore Girls lately with my girlfriend. Seen season 6 so far and am at the beginning of season 7 now. I have been fighting my girlfriend for many weeks so I dont have to watch this, but now since I have given in, I have grown to like it. And now I am totally into it :).

I have a very subjective way of projecting stuff into the persons, since I watch that show free of any methodical or scientific approach, so excuse me when I type the people a bit biased :D.

So here's an attempt:

Lorelei: infj
Rory: intj
Christopher: entp
Luke: istj
Logan: estp
Kirk: intj
Taylor: estj
Emily: esfj
Richard: estj
Paris: entj
Lane: infp

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well just because something is generally agreed on it doesnt mean it's true or I have to too.

To me she feels more infp maybe not infj. She talks little to none about her problems, not without someone poking her with a stick long enough. Besides that she not so flighty like enfps and in the combination with Sookie who I think is esfj they make a good beta quadra couple according to socionics.

Dunno its difficult with fictional chars

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She seems pretty flighty to me. At least when dealing with those stodgy older people.
I don't see where "talking about one's problems" is a necessary extravert trait (though many of them might do it), but then they often say that ENP's often have less of those traits anyway.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Agree ENFP for Lorelei. Rory seems more of an INFJ.
What about Jess (Milo Ventimiglia)? INTP, but when he returns as writer he seems more of an INFP...

P

Phantonym

She talks little to none about her problems, not without someone poking her with a stick long enough. Besides that she not so flighty like enfps and in the combination with Sookie who I think is esfj they make a good beta quadra couple according to socionics.

That might have more to do with her past than her type.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Kirk's beyond typing, isn't he? He's just an odd, odd man. Glad you are growing to like the show!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
She seems pretty flighty to me. At least when dealing with those stodgy older people.
I don't see where "talking about one's problems" is a necessary extravert trait (though many of them might do it), but then they often say that ENP's often have less of those traits anyway.

Well actually it is. Probably the most qualifieing thing to score E is that you explode internally if you dont find someone to talk about when someone really bothers you. I think Lorelei is very silent when it comes to talking about her problems, that may be a cultural thing tho. my gf is an I and she gets crazy at times because Lorelei just doesnt talk about things. Could be a movie thing aswell, to keep the audience watching :).

I dunno the lack of a sweet intellectual nature infp's sometimes have is one arguement to convince me she could be enfp, but I dont know. She's for sure a heavy Fi user.

Agree ENFP for Lorelei. Rory seems more of an INFJ.
What about Jess (Milo Ventimiglia)? INTP, but when he returns as writer he seems more of an INFP...

I like Logan, cant stand Jess. Was happy Rory didnt seriously date him in season 6.

That might have more to do with her past than her type.

And what if her past was influenced by her type ? Can you really separate that ?

Kirk's beyond typing, isn't he? He's just an odd, odd man. Glad you are growing to like the show!

Ya Kirk's odd.. prolly from Mars. Hope he marries that school teacher girl in season 7. Dont spoil I havent seen it yet :)