• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How I Met Your Mother

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
One of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, always reminds me of distinct types of people.

Ted Mosby
The main character, Ted is an architect, and a "hopeless romantic".

I'd put him as an NF, and probably a P. Overall, probably an INFP.

Robin Scherbatsky
Ted's original love interest. She is frequently caught in a struggle between her career and her love life, all times but one choosing the career (news anchor). She's often portrayed as cold and uncomfortable with her feelings.

She's probably an ENTJ. Maybe an ESTJ.

Barney Stinson
The quintessential womanizer. He has elaborate schemes for getting women and becoming more legen-(wait for it)-dary.

I'd place him as probably an ESFP, but I'm not sure.

Marshall Erikson
A lawyer, Ted's best friend, and Lily's wife, Marshall is clever, fun, and family-oriented. He's dedicated to the environment and pretty superstitious.

I think he's probably an ENFJ.

Lily Aldrin
She's a kindergarten teacher and an aspiring painter. She's very sweet and nice, and often quite manipulative. She likes to be in charge and puts great value in traditions.

I think she's an ESFJ.

What do you people think?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
One of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, always reminds me of distinct types of people.

Ted Mosby
The main character, Ted is an architect, and a "hopeless romantic".

I'd put him as an NF, and probably a P. Overall, probably an INFP.

Robin Scherbatsky
Ted's original love interest. She is frequently caught in a struggle between her career and her love life, all times but one choosing the career (news anchor). She's often portrayed as cold and uncomfortable with her feelings.

She's probably an ENTJ. Maybe an ESTJ.

Barney Stinson
The quintessential womanizer. He has elaborate schemes for getting women and becoming more legen-(wait for it)-dary.

I'd place him as probably an ESFP, but I'm not sure.

Marshall Erikson
A lawyer, Ted's best friend, and Lily's wife, Marshall is clever, fun, and family-oriented. He's dedicated to the environment and pretty superstitious.

I think he's probably an ENFJ.

Lily Aldrin
She's a kindergarten teacher and an aspiring painter. She's very sweet and nice, and often quite manipulative. She likes to be in charge and puts great value in traditions.

I think she's an ESFJ.

What do you people think?

Well, there's already a thread for this, but I'll add anyway.

Ted - ISFJ (He's possibly one of the most ISFJ characters I've seen.)
Robin - ISTx (I think she's supposed to be ISTP, but she's inconsistently written.)
Barney - ESTP
Marshall - ENFP (He strikes me as an Fi type of person.)
Lily - ISFP

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I had Ted pegged as more of a nice-guy INFJ. He's pretty much the straight guy of the entire show, and his default mode is pretty earnest. His humour also seems more INFJ than INFP (dorky rather than quirky, no offense to INFJs), and his problems are almost always interpersonal rather than existential (Fe over Fi). Barney strikes me as an ENTP womaniser, although his "origin" story suggests a shut-down EXFP.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, there's already a thread for this, but I'll add anyway.

Ted - ISFJ (He's possibly one of the most ISFJ characters I've seen.)
Robin - ISTx (I think she's supposed to be ISTP, but she's inconsistently written.)
Barney - ESTP
Marshall - ENFP (He strikes me as an Fi type of person.)
Lily - ISFP

I totally looked for a thread and didn't find one. I put Ted as an N because he's always so "head-in-the-clouds" and not very grounded. A good example is that time where he made it rain just so Robin wouldn't go camping, then wanted her to meet him outside in the pouring rain because it felt more romantic to him. He could easily be a J, I wasn't very sure about that one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I totally looked for a thread and didn't find one. I put Ted as an N because he's always so "head-in-the-clouds" and not very grounded. A good example is that time where he made it rain just so Robin wouldn't go camping, then wanted her to meet him outside in the pouring rain because it felt more romantic to him. He could easily be a J, I wasn't very sure about that one.

ISFJs can be imaginative or romantic even unrealistic about certain things.

It's the *content* and whether the person is using Si or Ni. I don't know this show, but I can tell you that even as "sensible" as SFJs can be (and they can be) they can also be imaginative, romantic, and into things like atmosphere.

There's a real difference between an INFJ and ISFJ because their dom function is different, but that difference is not romance or imagination.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ISFJs can be imaginative or romantic even unrealistic about certain things.

It's the *content* and whether the person is using Si or Ni. I don't know this show, but I can tell you that even as "sensible" as SFJs can be (and they can be) they can also be imaginative, romantic, and into things like atmosphere.

There's a real difference between an INFJ and ISFJ because their dom function is different, but that difference is not romance or imagination.

Well. Shows what I know.