User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Default How I Met Your Mother

One of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, always reminds me of distinct types of people.

Ted Mosby
    The main character, Ted is an architect, and a "hopeless romantic".

I'd put him as an NF, and probably a P. Overall, probably an INFP.

Robin Scherbatsky
    Ted's original love interest. She is frequently caught in a struggle between her career and her love life, all times but one choosing the career (news anchor). She's often portrayed as cold and uncomfortable with her feelings.

She's probably an ENTJ. Maybe an ESTJ.

Barney Stinson
    The quintessential womanizer. He has elaborate schemes for getting women and becoming more legen-(wait for it)-dary.

I'd place him as probably an ESFP, but I'm not sure.

Marshall Erikson
    A lawyer, Ted's best friend, and Lily's wife, Marshall is clever, fun, and family-oriented. He's dedicated to the environment and pretty superstitious.

I think he's probably an ENFJ.

Lily Aldrin
    She's a kindergarten teacher and an aspiring painter. She's very sweet and nice, and often quite manipulative. She likes to be in charge and puts great value in traditions.

I think she's an ESFJ.

What do you people think?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    One of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, always reminds me of distinct types of people.

Ted Mosby
    The main character, Ted is an architect, and a "hopeless romantic".

I'd put him as an NF, and probably a P. Overall, probably an INFP.

Robin Scherbatsky
    Ted's original love interest. She is frequently caught in a struggle between her career and her love life, all times but one choosing the career (news anchor). She's often portrayed as cold and uncomfortable with her feelings.

She's probably an ENTJ. Maybe an ESTJ.

Barney Stinson
    The quintessential womanizer. He has elaborate schemes for getting women and becoming more legen-(wait for it)-dary.

I'd place him as probably an ESFP, but I'm not sure.

Marshall Erikson
    A lawyer, Ted's best friend, and Lily's wife, Marshall is clever, fun, and family-oriented. He's dedicated to the environment and pretty superstitious.

I think he's probably an ENFJ.

Lily Aldrin
    She's a kindergarten teacher and an aspiring painter. She's very sweet and nice, and often quite manipulative. She likes to be in charge and puts great value in traditions.

I think she's an ESFJ.

What do you people think?
    Well, there's already a thread for this, but I'll add anyway.

Ted - ISFJ (He's possibly one of the most ISFJ characters I've seen.)
    Robin - ISTx (I think she's supposed to be ISTP, but she's inconsistently written.)
    Barney - ESTP
    Marshall - ENFP (He strikes me as an Fi type of person.)
    Lily - ISFP
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP

I had Ted pegged as more of a nice-guy INFJ. He's pretty much the straight guy of the entire show, and his default mode is pretty earnest. His humour also seems more INFJ than INFP (dorky rather than quirky, no offense to INFJs), and his problems are almost always interpersonal rather than existential (Fe over Fi). Barney strikes me as an ENTP womaniser, although his "origin" story suggests a shut-down EXFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well, there's already a thread for this, but I'll add anyway.

Ted - ISFJ (He's possibly one of the most ISFJ characters I've seen.)
    Robin - ISTx (I think she's supposed to be ISTP, but she's inconsistently written.)
    Barney - ESTP
    Marshall - ENFP (He strikes me as an Fi type of person.)
    Lily - ISFP
    I totally looked for a thread and didn't find one. I put Ted as an N because he's always so "head-in-the-clouds" and not very grounded. A good example is that time where he made it rain just so Robin wouldn't go camping, then wanted her to meet him outside in the pouring rain because it felt more romantic to him. He could easily be a J, I wasn't very sure about that one.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I totally looked for a thread and didn't find one. I put Ted as an N because he's always so "head-in-the-clouds" and not very grounded. A good example is that time where he made it rain just so Robin wouldn't go camping, then wanted her to meet him outside in the pouring rain because it felt more romantic to him. He could easily be a J, I wasn't very sure about that one.
    ISFJs can be imaginative or romantic even unrealistic about certain things.

It's the *content* and whether the person is using Si or Ni. I don't know this show, but I can tell you that even as "sensible" as SFJs can be (and they can be) they can also be imaginative, romantic, and into things like atmosphere.

There's a real difference between an INFJ and ISFJ because their dom function is different, but that difference is not romance or imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ISFJs can be imaginative or romantic even unrealistic about certain things.

It's the *content* and whether the person is using Si or Ni. I don't know this show, but I can tell you that even as "sensible" as SFJs can be (and they can be) they can also be imaginative, romantic, and into things like atmosphere.

There's a real difference between an INFJ and ISFJ because their dom function is different, but that difference is not romance or imagination.
    Well. Shows what I know.