User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Rob Lowe

Glycerine

Default Rob Lowe

I am reading his autobiography for the heck of it. He seems like an ESFP (possibly ESTP) 6w7. I am leaning more towards ESFP because it seems like he has a lot Se and Fi coming through his writing (unless it was ghost written). Any guesses?

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

It wasn't ghost written, his memoirs are legit. He's too dang prideful and a control freak to let anyone else do it.

ESFP could work, but something in him pegs me as a ESFJ. 6w7 totally fits him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yea, prob esfj sx/so e67.

thinking of you

Glycerine

aaaahhh ok, I could see that. Just his more wild side made me think P (the constant sensation seeking, here in the now mentality, etc) but ESFJ makes sense because he constantly name drops (that is one of the biggest flaws of the book) is very self-conscious/image conscious, and is partially inhibited. I wasn't sure if the controlled energy had more due to his enneagram though.

Do you think he could also be an N? His mum definitely came across as an INFP to me, with too much unhealthy Fi that was always looking for the fullfillment of "self".

I liked his writing style and insightfulness very much, especially him describing the hollowness of fame, how in rehab he realised he wasn't this supersocial, small-talk loving person he was always behaving like at all but someone who hates small-talk and needs a genuine deep connection. There is definitely a lot of sx there.

Also I could very well see him as a 3, very ambitious and the real person hiding behind an image who is afraid to be found out.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Do you think he could also be an N? His mum definitely came across as an INFP to me, with too much unhealthy Fi that was always looking for the fullfillment of "self".

I liked his writing style and insightfulness very much, especially him describing the hollowness of fame, how in rehab he realised he wasn't this supersocial, small-talk loving person he was always behaving like at all but someone who hates small-talk and needs a genuine deep connection. There is definitely a lot of sx there.
    Interesting observation!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Also I could very well see him as a 3, very ambitious and the real person hiding behind an image who is afraid to be found out.
    I don't know any Enneagram 3's IRL, hmmmm. Time to seek some out I guess!
    Do you have any samples (hypertext links to online articles, etc.) of Rob Lowe's writing that can be read without buying the book?

Cheers, Cousin Lightyear!!!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Glycerine

http://www.oprah.com/entertainment/R...riends-Excerpt

Possibly but for some reason he still seems very S to me (not in a negative way). I think that most people when they try to mature seek deeper meaning in their lives. His passion for history and his constant focus on grabbing and taking opportunities in the here and now. He's a bit of a dare devil and likes doing really physical things.
    His kid describes him as "100% kid at heart". These probably are very shallow observations but he just struck me as an SP. What type of N could he be? Ni user or Ne user?

I am not sure if that can also be true for a lot of N's but he definitely seems to have a very competetive edge and loves physical challenges, so I can see why people would type him as a S. If he is an SP then he comes across as a mature and balanced SP who through experience has learned to look beyond Se and wanting to please people. All over the book - between just telling his story and all the namedropping (which I found annoying or interesting, depending on my mood) - there are genuine nuggets of insight which reveal a discerning and analytical mind, this guy certainly knows how to look deeper.

For example I really liked his analysis of his childhood in Malibu, how this beautiful place had a dark, deadly underbelly due to people being on the constant search for 'self' and losing touch with reality. Or when he meets Coppola and the director tells him that The Godfather is for him just like a lamp over there on the table, something that's separate from him since the worldwide audience has filled it with their own meaning. Also I can very much relate to his love for history, and more or less every historian I have met I would type as an N (though that doesn't mean that S's are not interested in the subject)

Glycerine

Yeah that's true. His adventurous side as a kid and as an adult made me think SP but he could have just been a closet NF to fit in. I think part of my bias of not seeing as NFJ is that I am comparing him with one of his former best friends (John Cusack who some people see as NFJ) and Mike Myers who I see as some sort of NP.

I think he is fairly well-balanced whether or not he is N or S. Maybe the other part of the problem was that got type casted for his "pretty boy" looks. What type do you think he is?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ESFP 3w2 So/Sx. Not 6 dudes. And not Sx first either.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan