• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hangover!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phil: ESFP 8w7 so/sp
Stu: INFJ 6w5 sx/so
Allen: ENFP 2w1 sx/sp
Doug: ISTJ 6w5 sp/so
Chao: ENFP 7w8 sp/sx

characters from part II
Lauren: ENFJ 1w2? so/sx
Lauren's Dad: ?STJ 3w2 so/sp
Teddy: ISTP or ISFP 9w8 sx/so?
monk: ??? (he didn't talk, I couldn't tell)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you even...

please be more specific. it's impossible for me to tell what you're asking, what your intent is or whether or not you're being sarcastic from the given information :)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Phil is like the very archetype of an ESTP. Stu is his ISTJ sidekick. I don't think you can type Alan, though if you had to, he'd be a really messed-up INFJ. Doug's not characterized well enough. Chow is an ESFP. Lauren's not characterized well enough. Her dad's an ENTJ, and her brother's an INTJ (another archetypal example).

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Phil: ESTP

Allen: ENFP

Doug: ISFx

Stu: ISTJ

Chow: ESTJ

Jade the Hooker: ESFP

Bonus: Mike Tyson - INFP?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Phil is like the very archetype of an ESTP. Stu is his ISTJ sidekick. I don't think you can type Alan, though if you had to, he'd be a really messed-up INFJ. Doug's not characterized well enough. Chow is an ESFP. Lauren's not characterized well enough. Her dad's an ENTJ, and her brother's an INTJ (another archetypal example).

Agree for Phil, Stu, Chow and lauren's dad.
Lauren's brother is not really developed. Why INTJ?
I am the only who think Alan could be a crazy INTP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

1) Phill could be ESTP, I see more Te/Fi to me, but I couldn't tell for sure
2) Stu has tons of Fe and little to no Te. I think he's Ni because he goes crazy ESTP counter phobic 6 when drugged (he also has a few Ni-ish moments, particularly in the 2nd one)
3) Alan is definitely not an INFJ, I'm convinced he's either ENFP or ENTP
4) I think you're right about Chao. he's pretty Se

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get how Alan could possibly be an introvert

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I don't get how Alan could possibly be an introvert

From the movie, it seems he lives recluse in his own room at home and not having friends.
The "hangover" is maybe his only social attendance...
Then he is responding and not initiating, aside some crazy speaking. Compare him with a true extravert phil.
He is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
So I think INTP could be real...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
From the movie, it seems he lives recluse in his own room at home and not having friends.
Then he is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
So I think INTP could be real...

True, but I see that more as a result due to his eccentric personality and behavior coupled with the fact that he's clearly emotionally undeveloped and mentally immature for his age. He lived in seclusion due to circumstance as opposed to choice.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Having only seen the second movie, I would generally agree with these. Phil is a very clear ESTP to me, (I would say so/sx) Stu is obviously an IxxJ 6w5 sp/so who goes crazy ExxP unrestrained when drugged, not sure about the specific type but INTJ doesn't seem right. I would say ENTP (maybe INTP) for Alan, they start off crazy anyway. Not sure about his enneatype though, maybe 7w6 sx/sp?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Allan - ENFP for sure, how about 9 sx? definitely has the imagination and tolerance, bit of aloofness and he always means well. I don't think he's a very good example of a peacekeeper though lol, he does sweep things under the carpet a lot, seems like he's trying to keep the peace (or maybe I'm thinking of what he did in Due Date, it's basically the same Allan with a different name :p).
Stu - ISTJ 6 sp. Definitely a thinker. I'll think about it when I watch the hangover 2.
Phil, ESTP 8 sp. funny that, exactly the same typing and name of my dad, only difference would be in the wing, this phil seems more 8w7.

Assailant

MBTI Type
XYZ

Then he is responding and not initiating, aside some crazy speaking. Compare him with a true extravert phil.
He is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
Bold = Introversion does not equal being anti-social.
Grey = Please elaborate.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bold = Introversion does not equal being anti-social.
Grey = Please elaborate.

I thought his N was pretty clear, he doesn't do facts and figures and lacks attention to detail that you'd find in a sensor. He pulls absolutely random connections together, and tries to seek underlying meaning, even if it's completely obvious (but that's what makes it funny).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought his N was pretty clear, he doesn't do facts and figures and lacks attention to detail that you'd find in a sensor. He pulls absolutely random connections together, and tries to seek underlying meaning, even if it's completely obvious (but that's what makes it funny).

I agree. Allen is too N to function

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
1) Phill could be ESTP, I see more Te/Fi to me, but I couldn't tell for sure
2) Stu has tons of Fe and little to no Te. I think he's Ni because he goes crazy ESTP counter phobic 6 when drugged (he also has a few Ni-ish moments, particularly in the 2nd one)
3) Alan is definitely not an INFJ, I'm convinced he's either ENFP or ENTP
4) I think you're right about Chao. he's pretty Se

1) Se/Ti looks a lot like Te. His sense of self is in the things he does, rather than personal values.
2) Stu's got hardly any Fe. It expresses itself in the Trickster fashion, as constraining Te-like rules that he must follow to be "respectable." However, at his core, he's happiest when he can be himself, and it's only then that he can apply Si/Te to figure out what happened the night before.
3) Alan's entire existence is in another plane that has only a tenuous connection to reality (dom Ni). He judges situations by how people act toward him; otherwise, he wouldn't have made such an issue out of the invitation to Stu's wedding. His Fe isn't all that developed, but it's there.
4) Yup.

Only an INTJ could stay trapped in an elevator for 36 hours with a severed finger, and come out with a smile on his face. He's precociously intelligent, but personable in the way that INTJs are at their best. There wouldn't be much more character development outside of a protagonist role. Oh, and ENTJ dads love their INTJ children - they respect the stronger vision in the young ones.

Having only seen the second movie, I would generally agree with these. Phil is a very clear ESTP to me, (I would say so/sx) Stu is obviously an IxxJ 6w5 sp/so who goes crazy ExxP unrestrained when drugged, not sure about the specific type but INTJ doesn't seem right. I would say ENTP (maybe INTP) for Alan, they start off crazy anyway. Not sure about his enneatype though, maybe 7w6 sx/sp?

Alan's too old to hang on to his childish behavior for an ENTP. One of the defining traits is a profound disdain for and frustration with depending on others.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Only an INTJ could stay trapped in an elevator for 36 hours with a severed finger, and come out with a smile on his face. He's precociously intelligent, but personable in the way that INTJs are at their best.

Maybe true about the elevator. But which INTJ could be smiley if he wants to be a surgeon and he loses a finger? I don't.
But maybe he was still stoned out.