User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: The Hangover!

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't get how Alan could possibly be an introvert
    From the movie, it seems he lives recluse in his own room at home and not having friends.
    The "hangover" is maybe his only social attendance...
    Then he is responding and not initiating, aside some crazy speaking. Compare him with a true extravert phil.
    He is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
    So I think INTP could be real...

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    From the movie, it seems he lives recluse in his own room at home and not having friends.
    Then he is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
    So I think INTP could be real...
    True, but I see that more as a result due to his eccentric personality and behavior coupled with the fact that he's clearly emotionally undeveloped and mentally immature for his age. He lived in seclusion due to circumstance as opposed to choice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Phil is like the very archetype of an ESTP. Stu is his ISTJ sidekick. I don't think you can type Alan, though if you had to, he'd be a really messed-up INFJ. Doug's not characterized well enough. Chow is an ESFP. Lauren's not characterized well enough. Her dad's an ENTJ, and her brother's an INTJ (another archetypal example).
    Having only seen the second movie, I would generally agree with these. Phil is a very clear ESTP to me, (I would say so/sx) Stu is obviously an IxxJ 6w5 sp/so who goes crazy ExxP unrestrained when drugged, not sure about the specific type but INTJ doesn't seem right. I would say ENTP (maybe INTP) for Alan, they start off crazy anyway. Not sure about his enneatype though, maybe 7w6 sx/sp?
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Allan - ENFP for sure, how about 9 sx? definitely has the imagination and tolerance, bit of aloofness and he always means well. I don't think he's a very good example of a peacekeeper though lol, he does sweep things under the carpet a lot, seems like he's trying to keep the peace (or maybe I'm thinking of what he did in Due Date, it's basically the same Allan with a different name :P).
    Stu - ISTJ 6 sp. Definitely a thinker. I'll think about it when I watch the hangover 2.
    Phil, ESTP 8 sp. funny that, exactly the same typing and name of my dad, only difference would be in the wing, this phil seems more 8w7.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    XYZ

Then he is responding and not initiating, aside some crazy speaking. Compare him with a true extravert phil.
    He is for sure more N than S, and absolutely he lacks Fe.
    Bold = Introversion does not equal being anti-social.
    Grey = Please elaborate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    Grey = Please elaborate.
    I thought his N was pretty clear, he doesn't do facts and figures and lacks attention to detail that you'd find in a sensor. He pulls absolutely random connections together, and tries to seek underlying meaning, even if it's completely obvious (but that's what makes it funny).
    5 3 9

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I thought his N was pretty clear, he doesn't do facts and figures and lacks attention to detail that you'd find in a sensor. He pulls absolutely random connections together, and tries to seek underlying meaning, even if it's completely obvious (but that's what makes it funny).
    I agree. Allen is too N to function
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1) Phill could be ESTP, I see more Te/Fi to me, but I couldn't tell for sure
    2) Stu has tons of Fe and little to no Te. I think he's Ni because he goes crazy ESTP counter phobic 6 when drugged (he also has a few Ni-ish moments, particularly in the 2nd one)
    3) Alan is definitely not an INFJ, I'm convinced he's either ENFP or ENTP
    4) I think you're right about Chao. he's pretty Se
    1) Se/Ti looks a lot like Te. His sense of self is in the things he does, rather than personal values.
    2) Stu's got hardly any Fe. It expresses itself in the Trickster fashion, as constraining Te-like rules that he must follow to be "respectable." However, at his core, he's happiest when he can be himself, and it's only then that he can apply Si/Te to figure out what happened the night before.
    3) Alan's entire existence is in another plane that has only a tenuous connection to reality (dom Ni). He judges situations by how people act toward him; otherwise, he wouldn't have made such an issue out of the invitation to Stu's wedding. His Fe isn't all that developed, but it's there.
    4) Yup.

Agree for Phil, Stu, Chow and lauren's dad.
    Lauren's brother is not really developed. Why INTJ?
    I am the only who think Alan could be a crazy INTP?
    Only an INTJ could stay trapped in an elevator for 36 hours with a severed finger, and come out with a smile on his face. He's precociously intelligent, but personable in the way that INTJs are at their best. There wouldn't be much more character development outside of a protagonist role. Oh, and ENTJ dads love their INTJ children - they respect the stronger vision in the young ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    Having only seen the second movie, I would generally agree with these. Phil is a very clear ESTP to me, (I would say so/sx) Stu is obviously an IxxJ 6w5 sp/so who goes crazy ExxP unrestrained when drugged, not sure about the specific type but INTJ doesn't seem right. I would say ENTP (maybe INTP) for Alan, they start off crazy anyway. Not sure about his enneatype though, maybe 7w6 sx/sp?
    Alan's too old to hang on to his childish behavior for an ENTP. One of the defining traits is a profound disdain for and frustration with depending on others.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    I think Alan is more I than E, not antisocial.

About Alan more N than S, King-of-Depair's post above is better than I could do.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Only an INTJ could stay trapped in an elevator for 36 hours with a severed finger, and come out with a smile on his face. He's precociously intelligent, but personable in the way that INTJs are at their best.
    Maybe true about the elevator. But which INTJ could be smiley if he wants to be a surgeon and he loses a finger? I don't.
    But maybe he was still stoned out.