12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Default Correlations between Zodiac Signs and Types

I don't give astrology any credence, but I do find it interesting as another sort of personality/temperament system, just one with more ancient, flaky/mystical roots. I got really into the whole system of it for a while; natal charts, houses+planets, ect. but what really interested me the most was each zodiac sign and the associations and archetypes each one carries, much like each tarot card has it's own areas of influence and association.

At the core, the 12 signs (let's leave Ophiuchus out of this, please) are defined by two basic traits: element and modality - the first category consisting of fire, earth, air, and water - the second of cardinal (initiating), fixed (arguably correlated with judging), and mutable (arguably correlated with perceiving). There is also a third less important and less recognized category based on the order of the signs; the first four elements are concerned with the "personal" (basically like a self-preservational enneagram subtype), the second four with the social world (so) and the final four with the "universal" (sx?). This also seems to have some correlations with the id, ego, and superego, respectively. But of course these generalized correlations do not often hold up, as the element is probably the single most defining factor in terms of overall temperament of each sign (for example, as an air sign, aquarius is most certainly perceiving just like the other air signs despite being of a fixed modality, while Scorpio is such a sx first it's not even funny).

Aries: ESTP, or Se/Te (ESFP in dom/tert loop) 8w7 8-7-3 SLuEn Choleric/Sanguine Basic "Type A" Personality. Prone to Antisocial and Sadistic Personality Disorders (and possibly narcissistic to a lesser extent). In Beebe's archetypes of the functions, Aries is obviously the dominant/hero (or opposing), and in Freudian theory, "The id"

Taurus: ISxx (Si/Se, more Percieving but also more of an SJ/Guardian) 9w8 with some 6 qualities. Gut Triad, and the definition of the self-preservational instinctual variant. RCueN Phlegmatic? Basic "Type B" Personality and is essentially the manifestation of sensing in JCF terms. The Parent/supporting/auxiliary or the opposing roles in Beebe's function theory. Also id-like.

Gemini: ENTP, or Ne/Fe loop. Probably the most extroverted of all signs. Pure 7. ScUEI Pure Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic, Borderline, and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. The puella/child/tertiary and the deceiving/trickster in Beebe's function archetypes. ego-id.

Cancer: ISFJ. 6-2-4 sp/so 6-4-9 PIS RLOAN Pure Supine. Emphasis on Si and Feeling functions in general. The essence of the self-preservational 6 and the HSP. Prone to OCD, OCPD, and Avoidant, Depressive, Passive-Aggressive, Paranoid, and Dependent Personality Disorders. Parent/auxiliary/supporting role in Beebe's function archetypes. ego.

Leo: ENxJ 8w7 or 3 with either wing. 3 fits best. Emphasis on Je (with Ni supporting). 3w(4/2)-8w7-7w8 8-7-3 SIP SxoEi Choleric/Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Dominant/Hero role or Opposing role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The EGO"

Virgo: ISTJ, or ISFJ in dom/tert function loop of Si/Ti. Emphasis on Si + T. 5w6, 6w5, or 1w9. 1w9-5w6-2w1 and 5-1-9 PIS in Magic's system. RCOAN Melancholic. Very prone to both OCD and OCPD, and also prone to Paranoid and a bit of passive-aggressive personality disorders. The senex/witch/critical parent in Beebe's function archetypes. ego-superego.

Libra: EsFx (more of a perceiver, but definitely Fe dominant.) The perfect example of a 2w3 so. 2-7-9 SIP ScuAn Sanguine/Supine. Prone to Dependent, Passive-Aggressive, Narcissistic, and Histrionic Personality Disorders. The auxiliary/parent in Beebe's function archetypes. Like Pisces, because they "merge" or "complement" so well with others, they have a danger of losing their own identity in pleasing others. ego.

Scorpio: INTJ, some INFJs (Ni dominant, with strong Fi, Te, and Se). 4w5, maybe some 8w9s, SX/so 8-4-…1? RCoEI Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to several personality disorders, most notably Schizoid, Sadistic, Paranoid, and Antisocial. The Devilish/Demon role in Beebe's function archetypes (or the inferior/animus/anima/aspirational for the conscious functions). Scorpio is essentially a combination of a 4 and an 8. Ego-id.

Sagittarius: EsTP, with emphasis on ExxP/Pe dom. Pure 7. SCUaI Doesn't seem to be prone to any personality disorders. Pure Sanguine. Puella/Tertiary/Child or Deceiver/Trickster in Beebe's function archetypes. Superego-id.

Capricorn: ISTJ emphasis on Te. 3-1-5 so/sp or sp/so SPI RCOxN Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to Anti-social and Schizoid Personality Disorders. Senex/Witch/Critical Parent role in Beebe's function archetypes. The workaholic of the zodiac. ego.

Aquarius: ENTP, mix of 7 and 5. Emphasis on intuition, especially Ne. 5w4 or 7w6-9w1-4w5 social dominant 7-1-9 SIP SCUAI Sanguine/Phlegmatic. Prone to OCPD, Paranoid Personality Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder. The Auxiliary/Parent role in Beebe's function archetypes. Superego.

Pisces: INFP (xNFP to the max, ENFP is the only other type that remotely fits). 9-4-2 sx/so ISP RxUAI Supine/Sanguine/Phlegmatic mix. Prone to Self-Defeating, Dependent, Depressive, and Schizotypal Personality Disorders. The inferior/animus/anima/Aspirational function role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The Superego"

So what do you think? Do you identify at all with your sun sign (or moon sign or ascendent)? Anyone familiar with astrology care to add more correlations or comment on any of my ideas?
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    Scorpio: INTJ, some INFJs (Ni dominant, with strong Fi, Te, and Se). 4w5, maybe some 8w9s, SX/so 8-4-…1? RCoEI Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to several personality disorders, most notably Schizoid, Sadistic, Paranoid, and Antisocial. The Devilish/Demon role in Beebe's function archetypes (or the inferior/animus/anima/aspirational for the conscious functions). Scorpio is essentially a combination of a 4 and an 8. Ego-id.
    Imma Taurus Sun, Taurus Moon INTJ, Ascendant Aquarius (I think...). I can't get enough of Scorpios; especially of the NFP flavour. They are a fine complement to my physical/worldly focus with their emotional creativity.

We once gathered some Stats regarding INTJ and sun sign on PerC...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a Gemini ENFP with a Scorpio ascendent.

I agree that Gemini seems ExxP, at least.

Capricorn seems very ISxJ to me, and your emphasis on ISTJ makes sense.

xSTP makes sense for Saggitarius and ESTx for Aries.

Piscies seems INFx or IxFP.

Oh...I forgot...my moon is in Capricorn. That's kind of important. That might explain my annoying ISTJ shadow.

am enfp, 8w7 sx/so
    sun in scorpio, moon in scorpio, ascendant capricorn
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Cancer: ISFJ. 6-2-4 sp/so 6-4-9 PIS RLOAN Pure Supine. Emphasis on Si and Feeling functions in general. The essence of the self-preservational 6 and the HSP. Prone to OCD, OCPD, and Avoidant, Depressive, Passive-Aggressive, Paranoid, and Dependent Personality Disorders. Parent/auxiliary/supporting role in Beebe's function archetypes. ego.

Leo: ENxJ 8w7 or 3 with either wing. 3 fits best. Emphasis on Je (with Ni supporting). 3w(4/2)-8w7-7w8 8-7-3 SIP SxoEi Choleric/Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Dominant/Hero role or Opposing role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The EGO"
    My mum is cancer and is isfj fits quite well. I am an early leo born 30th of July that's why I prolly didnt make it to be J

Feels good your list, tho that topic is really highly speculative.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned

I should point out that in my experience, horoscope is actually quite good at identifying *things you value* and *how you value them* regardless of MBTI type. MBTI is about 'the process of thought' as opposed to the 'why' of thought.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Love your correlation, Jade Curtiss! I had made very similar Enneagram associations before (back-of-the-notebook stuff, yanno?). I swapped Leo and Libra around, tho, since the Leo descriptions reminded me of my 2w3 dad...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Chart-The-Course: Earth
    ISTJ: Taurus
    ISTP: Capricorn
    INFJ: Virgo
    INTJ: Capricorn

In-Charge: Fire
    ESTJ: Sagittarius
    ESTP: Ares
    ENFJ: Leo
    ENTJ: Ares

Behind-The-Scene: Water
    ISFJ: Cancer
    ISFP: Pisces
    INFP: Pisces
    INTP: Scorpio

Getting-Things-Going: Air
    ESFJ: Libra
    ESFP: Gemini
    ENFP: Gemini
    ENTP: Aquarius

It's about the sign, not about any correlations between MBTI type and sign. It seems that there's a correlation between sun sign and instinctual stackings. I made an inquiry and the two signs most likely to be Sx/So are Taurus and Libra, then it's Scorpio, then Cancer and Sagittarius, then Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius, then Ares, then Pisces and Gemini is the sign least likely to be Sx/So.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm a Scorpio INFP. Both factoids are largely meaningless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

aries sun, sagittarius moon, libra rising, aries mercury, taurus venus, cancer mars

@speed gavroche, i'd think tauruses would be more likely to be sp first, not sx

i've always been into astrology, i know there's no logical reason it should be true but then why can i spot a virgo from a mile away??