• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlations between Zodiac Signs and Types

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
I went to this site 'cause I've done it there before, but I couldn't remember what I got. Its pretty old, but whatever. Here's my info:

Sun: Aries

Rising Sign: Cancer

Moon: Capricorn

Mercury: Aries

Venus: Aries

Mars: Gemini

Jupiter: Gemini

Saturn: Capricorn

Uranus: Capricorn

Neptune: Capricorn

Pluto: Scorpio

Aaaaaaand here's a very quick summary from another site: Does not come across as a typical Aries. Comes across as softer, more docile

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:)
Name: Peter Pan
July 30 1983
11:20 AM Time Zone is CEDT
****, GER

Rising Sign is in 03 Degrees Libra
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. "Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. You always try to ameliorate or to cosmetically hide any physical ugliness or any angry feelings between people. Flashy, but not gaudy, you prefer to dress elegantly. You generally have good taste in music, art and literature. Beware of the tendency to compromise yourself in your attempt to be agreeable at all times. A bit of a social butterfly, at times you can be vain and lazy. For the most part, however, you are gracious and affectionate, and your refined and aristocratic demeanor serves as a role model to others.

Sun is in 06 Degrees Leo.
More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention! But others do not usually mind because they tend to enjoy your genuine warmth and affection. Very spirited and willful, proud and self-important at times, you demand your own way. You are quite honest, however, and the respect of others is very important to you. You never compromise yourself and you pursue your goals with persistence and dedication. Your regal presence and demeanor draws you to positions of leadership and authority. But beware of being overly hardheaded, domineering, ostentatious or patronizing or you will lose the goodwill and admiration that you enjoy. Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible. Your strength and energy vitalizes those who come in contact with you.

Moon is in 06 Degrees Aries.
High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out." You sometimes act before you think and do things on the spur of the moment, and that sometimes gets you into trouble. Your moods change quickly -- you have quite a temper, but you don't hold grudges. Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality, you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.

Mercury is in 26 Degrees Leo.
You are usually quite convinced that your own ideas are correct and you enjoy persuading others that they are. At times, you are very stubborn and proud of your beliefs and principles, and you get very defensive when they are challenged. You appreciate truth and honesty -- you practice it yourself and expect it in others. You have good talent for organizing, directing and planning. You delight in being asked for your advice and counsel.

Venus is in 09 Degrees Virgo.
You express your love and affection through selfless service to people or causes. You have a tendency to underestimate yourself and doubt your self-worth. This is very demeaning and should be avoided -- learn to love yourself as well as you do others. Your standards of perfection are very high -- you are attracted to relationships based on duty and responsibility. You are supercritical of yourself and others and, at times, prefer to be alone rather than deal with any imperfections in yourself or in those with whom you might relate.

Mars is in 20 Degrees Cancer.
Your moods are very important to your overall well-being. You are confident and self-assertive when you are feeling upbeat, and you are retiring, irritable and grumpy when you get depressed about anything. Very sensitive, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You are easily angered whenever you think someone has slighted you. It is best for you to show your anger immediately and let it all out, rather than to try to hold it in or to hold grudges for a long time. You're extremely loyal and defensive of your family, neighborhood, community and culture.

Jupiter is in 01 Degrees Sagittarius.
You have a very strong sense of ethics and morality. You are widely read and may also be widely traveled because you are sincerely interested in expanding your knowledge of the world about you. At times, you have an annoying tendency to be self-righteous and preachy about your belief system. You are usually quite idealistic and you demand the right to be able to explore the entire world of experiences yourself. Remember to grant others the similar right -- be tolerant, not dogmatic.

Saturn is in 28 Degrees Libra.
Although you take quite a while to make decisions, you usually consider all sides to a question, all the pros and cons, and the solution you come up with is very often the correct one. You tend to be very reserved and shy, but, once you make a commitment to someone (in either a business or personal relationship), the partnership is forever. You have a strong sense of justice and fair play and greatly respect the laws and institutions by which you are governed. As such, you are outraged when others break laws or show contempt for authority.

Uranus is in 05 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 26 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 26 Degrees Libra.
For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 24 Degrees Gemini.
You will consciously seek out many different contacts with others throughout your life. Many of these will be of very short duration, not necessarily because you're fickle, but just because you always seem to be more excited by the prospect of meeting someone new rather than prolonging your present relationships. At any rate, you will learn something new from almost everyone you come across -- intellectual stimulation is what you crave from others. You will be well known to neighbors and relatives, partly due to your curiosity about what they're doing -- you delight in keeping up-to-date about the latest news (and gossip).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good idea, I had forgotten about the interaction styles. However, I would switch ISTJ and ISTP. Capricorn is extremely J, while Taurus fits ISTP pretty well and is the only earth sign that could be considered perceiving. Same with Sagittarius except the opposite; they are the essence of ExxP, not ESTJ at all.

Similarly, the four elements also rougly correlate to Keirsey's Temperements, except that Fire and Air signs are all extroverted while Earth and Water are always introverted.

Fire: SP
Earth: SJ
Water: NF
Air: NT

I agree to swith ISTJ for ISTP for Taurus, and ISTP for ISTJ for Capricorn. Capricorn is more IxTJ than ISxJ, Capricorn is not really feeler. Sagittarius is lead by Jupiter, the planet of expansion and conquest but also of polititic and respect for current laws, conformism. Make sense with ESTJ. Ares in comparaison, is far more utilitarian that the cooperative Sagittarius, ESTP and ENTJ.

I disagree with Air for NT, Libra is not really NT... Makes more sense with ESFJ.

So, my theme would be ISTP ascendant IxFP with IxTJ moon. Makes sense.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chart-The-Course: Earth
ISTJ: Taurus
ISTP: Capricorn
INFJ: Virgo
INTJ: Capricorn

In-Charge: Fire
ESTJ: Sagittarius
ESTP: Ares
ENFJ: Leo
ENTJ: Ares

Behind-The-Scene: Water
ISFJ: Cancer
ISFP: Pisces
INFP: Pisces
INTP: Scorpio

Getting-Things-Going: Air
ESFJ: Libra
ESFP: Gemini
ENFP: Gemini
ENTP: Aquarius

Good idea, I had forgotten about the interaction styles. However, I would switch ISTJ and ISTP. Capricorn is extremely J, while Taurus fits ISTP pretty well and is the only earth sign that could be considered perceiving. Same with Sagittarius except the opposite; they are the essence of ExxP, not ESTJ at all.

Similarly, the four elements also roughly correlate to Keirsey's Temperements, except that Fire and Air signs are all extroverted while Earth and Water are always introverted.

Fire: SP
Earth: SJ
Water: NF
Air: NT

Years ago, I had seen a thick encyclopedia on astrology in a bed & beth guest living room, and it had a complete wheel showing not only the elements for each sign, but also secondary and tertiary elements!

This explained why a popular R&B/Funk group named itself after the elements, but left out Water. Founder Maurice White was a Sagittarius, and the primary element was Fire, and the other two were Earth and Air.

Yet I can not only not find the book online, I cannot find any information about primary and secondary elements! Not even Wikipedia. The most I could find were forums where others asked about them, and no one knew. I even called up the inn, and the owners don't remember the book! (It was a small place, and they said they didn't believe in astrology, so it must have been something someone else left).

Since the elements are what tie the signs to the temperaments, then we can figure secondary and tertiary temperaments from them. But the only one I know the secondary and tertiary for is Sagittarius (because of the music band). So it would be Choleric, Melancholic and Sanguine.

Though the Keirsey temperament + Interaction Styles would suggest only a secondary element, and not allow a pure element, such as ISTJ being Melancholic (Earth) in both areas.

Also, Keirsey's correlation to his temperaments are all mixed up, possibly because of the Choleric/Phlegmatic mixup.
SP is supposed to be Sanguine, and that is Air (hot/wet, not hot/dry). Phlegmatic is supposed to be water, which would fit NF, but he believes NF is Choleric. Choleric is fire (hot/dry), not water (cold/wet). And NT is not Sanguine, so it isn't Air. Only SJ is right.

Basically: Pragmatic=hot, cooperative=cold, structure=dry, motive=wet.
Interaction Styles are the original temperament matrix: E=hot, I=cold, directive=dry, informative=wet (so speed has them right).

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
plain zodiacs is not the best way to mix types and astrology. I think it can be usefull to check types of people borned in same place (city) and time (difference < 12 hours) - is there something common in their types. I know one such guy and he has the same type as me. Nonidentical twins may be checked for this purpose too, but better - odrinary people, twins may to have special factors.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Taurus: ISxx (Si/Se, more Percieving but also more of an SJ/Guardian) 9w8 with some 6 qualities. Gut Triad, and the definition of the self-preservational instinctual variant. RCueN Phlegmatic? Basic "Type B" Personality and is essentially the manifestation of sensing in JCF terms. The Parent/supporting/auxiliary or the opposing roles in Beebe's function theory. Also id-like.

From all the scripts that I read about Taurus as a sun sign ISTJ sounds most likely MBTI correlate, of course as an ENTP Taurus it means astrology seems like a giant load of bunk to me.

Chart-The-Course: Earth
ISTJ: Taurus

It's about the sign, not about any correlations between MBTI type and sign. It seems that there's a correlation between sun sign and instinctual stackings. I made an inquiry and the two signs most likely to be Sx/So are Taurus and Libra, then it's Scorpio, then Cancer and Sagittarius, then Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius, then Ares, then Pisces and Gemini is the sign least likely to be Sx/So.

As a Taurus Sp/So I gotta say why?

While I admit my bias upfront by saying I think astrology is bunk the link to sp seems more likely to me as the materialist side of Taurus is always touted as the way it is, materialistic associates more as sp than the other instincts in that gaining material things adds to security, which is the ultimate source of comfort.

From the big bang theory on the topic of astrology:

:D that's kinda how I feel deep down. But I say this not to mock....D:

Post is win!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've been trying to keep an open mind with regards to this thread and apply theory to the concrete and it's not gelling very well.

Those closest to me:
Cancer - ENFJ, ESTJ. Taurus, ENTP, ENTP, ENTJ. Libra - INTJ, ENTJ. Leo - ESFJ, ESTP. Gemini - INTJ. Capricorn - INTP, INTJ. Aries - ISTJ. Scorpio - ISTP.

I understand people want to theorise and have those lovely pretty little boxes, but as in most cases, you need to take so many factors into play here. With Astrology, you can not take into account sun sign only as the bigger picture makes for more interesting reading.

Side note - Holy shit, i know a lot of NT's :nerd:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been trying to keep an open mind with regards to this thread and apply theory to the concrete and it's not gelling very well.

Those closest to me:
Cancer - ENFJ, ESTJ. Taurus, ENTP, ENTP, ENTJ. Libra - INTJ, ENTJ. Leo - ESFJ, ESTP. Gemini - INTJ. Capricorn - INTP, INTJ. Aries - ISTJ. Scorpio - ISTP.

I understand people want to theorise and have those lovely pretty little boxes, but as in most cases, you need to take so many factors into play here. With Astrology, you can not take into account sun sign only as the bigger picture makes for more interesting reading.

Side note - Holy shit, i know a lot of NT's :nerd:

You know a lot of T's period. Where do you live?? I'm in Feelerville, population: out of control.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You know a lot of T's period. Where do you live?? I'm in Feelerville, population: out of control.

Lmao .. England Aka welfare handed out like it's candy. Population: I hadn't noticed.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found the system I was referring to regarding secondary and tertiary elements, here:
http://www.astrologycom.com/qual.html
Added it to Wikipedia as well.

The four seasons had their own element assignments.
Spring (wet becoming hot) - Air - Aries, Taurus, Gemini
Summer (hot becoming dry) - Fire - Cancer, Leo, Virgo
Autumn (dry becoming cold) - Earth - Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius
Winter (cold becoming wet) - Water - Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

Hence, each sign had it's own assigned element, plus a secondary element from the [northern] season it was assigned to. For three of them, the seasonal element matches the sign's element, yielding a "pure" element sign.
The tertiary was the opposite of the secondary; where in the southern hemisphere, it was the opposite season.

What we end up with is (types by Interaction Style/Keirsey combination using first two only for north, and first and last for south):
Fire, Earth, Air: Saggitarius (ESTJ/ESTP)
Fire, Air, Earth: Aries (ESTP/ESTJ)
Earth, Water, Fire: Capricorn (INFJ/INTJ)
Earth, Fire, Water: Virgo (INTJ/INFJ)
Water, Earth, Air: Scorpio (ISFJ/ISFP)
Air, Water, Fire: Aquarius (ENFP/ENTP)

Air, Air, Earth: Gemini (ESFP/ESFJ)
Water, Water, Fire: Pisces (INFP/INTP)
Fire, Fire, Water: Leo (ENTJ/ENFJ)
Earth, Air, Earth: Taurus (ISTP/ISTJ)
Air, Earth, Air: Libra (ESFJ/ESFP)
Water, Fire, Water: Cancer (INTP/INFP)

(Of course, these type correlations to signs aren't practical).

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
It's interesting but also very confusing. I'm Taurus, ascendant Pisces, moon in Gemini. INFP 9w8 - 5w4 - 4w5 (4 and 5 are pretty much the same... sometimes I have more 5w4 and other times more 4w5).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Air, Water, Fire = ENTP ? Your mom !

Fire, Air, Fire here ! And the air's just there to fuel the fiiiiiirrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

Simurg

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi! I trying to do the same work, only scientifically. If everyone completing, who posting here I could write a thesis, which are published for the typologycentral.com the first;)

According to "professional astrologers", not only in the zodiac into account when examining the personality!!!

"The Ascendant is thus considered to be of great significance in all schools of astrology because it in effect serves as the filter through which everything in a horoscope- including the Sun and Moon- is expressed. Most astrologers believe that the Rising Sign exerts an influence equal to or more powerful than the Sun and Moon."
/Wikipedia/

According to them, the ascendant is the most important, (and many other planetary position also) formation of the personality. The questionnaire also included ascendant calculator!

According to me, the whole astrology is just a scam , and the whole thing is Barnum-effect based, but if I will not be right, can be seen in this experiment!
*I'll be the happiest if i can trust my life to the stars!

Please, help me about twenty seconds to fill (if you know your personality type, like evribody in this forum):

ASTROLOGY & ENNEAGRAM & MBTI CORRELATIONS QUESTIONARIE :bye:

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Aries really seem ESTP, but could be aslo an ESFP. Se is very significant anyway.
Taurus seem SJ for sure. ISFJ would be the best fit.
Gemini could be both ENTPs and ENFPs. Probably it depends on gender and moon, or ascendent.
Cancer Too dreamy to be Se/Si INFJs for sure. Could be also INFPs.
Leo Could be both ESFPs and ESFJs
Virgo ISFJ
Libra ENTJ/ENFJ
Scorpio INTJ/INFJ
Sagittarius ENTJ
Capricon ISTJ
Aquarius ENFJ
Pisces INFP
In general I would say air and water sings are intuitive. NT types are more likey to be air sings and NF types water sings. Si is singificant for earth sings and Se for fire.

KDude

I'm a Cancer, and would say I have INFJ tendencies.. but not willing to actually type as one.

I don't put any stock in this though. It's just coincidence.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone did my horoscope recently. The parts I remember were:
Sun in Aries
Moon in Taurus
Mercury in Aries