• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DC Comics characters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harley - ESFP

Joker - ENFP

Batman - ISTP

Poison Ivy - INTJ

Catwoman always struck me as an ISFJ gone rogue.

I agree on Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but I still think Batman is INTJ (except for the christian bale ISTJ batman, but he sucks lol)

KDude

Huh.. I thought the Bale Batman was the more INTJ-ish one. If anything, for his more philosophical focus on symbols, and kind of envisioning his whole act from one idea (fear). Otherwise, many Batman comics don't bother with that. For years, it was just "Detective Comics", and he was just a fancy cop (albeit outside the law and bent on revenge).

You can kind of see the same Ni dominant process work in INFJ Jung. "The years when I was pursuing my inner images were the most important in my life. In them everything essential was decided. It all began then. The later details were only supplements and clarifications of material that burst forth in the unconscious, and at first swamped me. It was the prima materia for a life's work." [Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections]

lol, it's a stretch, but you could kind of compare this to the whole sequence of Bruce Wayne exploring the criminal world and the league of shadows.. and then finding his vision fall in place when Alfred finds him again.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh.. I thought the Bale Batman was the more INTJ-ish one. If anything, for his more philosophical focus on symbols, and kind of envisioning his whole act from one idea (fear). Otherwise, many Batman comics don't bother with that. For years, it was just "Detective Comics", and he was just a fancy cop (albeit outside the law and bent on revenge).

You can kind of see the same Ni dominant process work in INFJ Jung. "The years when I was pursuing my inner images were the most important in my life. In them everything essential was decided. It all began then. The later details were only supplements and clarifications of material that burst forth in the unconscious, and at first swamped me. It was the prima materia for a life's work." [Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections]

lol, it's a stretch, but you could kind of compare this to the whole sequence of Bruce Wayne exploring the criminal world and the league of shadows.. and then finding his vision fall in place when Alfred finds him again.

the thing that surprises me is that Christian Bale is usually wonderful at playing INTJs (American Psycho mostly, but also Equilibrium). his batman however completely lacks the supremely confident vibe that all INTJs share. the overcoming fear thing could also be a function of Fi

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's just how I see Batman. Vigilante, double life, loner. Doesn't respect the rules of the system but has his own rules that he follows faithfully. He's a risk taker. I also think Catwoman is similar enough but just different for there to be the chemistry and off and on that they have had. I'm thinking more comics than movies here, btw but ISTP/ISFJ fits for me. Then again this is all entertainment. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see ISTP for Batman. But in my opinion, he's too much a planner. Dick Grayson is an ISTP, I think, and if he's not, he's clearly an SP.

KDude

I can see ISTP for Batman. But in my opinion, he's too much a planner. Dick Grayson is an ISTP, I think, and if he's not, he's clearly an SP.

I think Grayson is ESTP or ESFP. He's pretty upbeat, and probably the only person in Gotham with a sense of "life" and humor (I mean, besides the villains).

The Huntress is ISTP.. independent in a way that pisses even Batman off.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, more ESxP for Robin. What type is Batgirl by the way? I see ESFJ for her.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Batman: INTJ with nearly balanced N/S
Robin: ESxP agreed
Batgirl: really annoying xSFJ
Joker: He acts like an ESxP but thinks like an INTx. ENTP maybe?
Harley Quinn: codependent ExFP (balanced N/S?)
Poison Ivy: INTx
Penguin: xSTJ
Riddler: ENTP

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just finished reading Starfire's solo comic...I'd say ESFJ still for her. I know her (Cartoon Network) Teen Titans portrayal is undoubtedly ESFJ which is the one I grew up with, but I think here too she looks for a familial sense of belonging, makes an effort to adapt to cultural customs, etc. One glaring difference though was her desire to live as a normal human being rather than a superhero, whereas in the original series you had her saying shit like this:

tumblr_o9m45zXHsQ1vrue9do1_400.jpg

I think for either rationale though you can still see the Fe. I think overall her character, conceptually, is ESFJ.

Wish she stuck with Dick Grayson in the original series instead of Raven ruining everything and Dick ending up with Batgirl. I thought they made a cute couple...but at least she's paired with him in different spinoffs like Teen Titans and this solo series. Hope she's in the next season of Young Justice!

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet the Penguin's an INTP, lol.

I don't know why, he just reminds me of one of those really disenchanted, resentful INTP's who takes out their anger at the rest of the world. If all you want to do is type people based on stereotypes; then that is fine as these are merely fictional characters. I just think that honestly human beings are generally more complicated then this and it's not always so easy to figure out what someone's type is merely based on what they seem like on the surface. I guess XNTJ's are typically characterized as villains and it's true, they are good at planing and formulating complex plans but at the same time, can't anyone learn how to do this to an extent? there are things like creativity and the like which the MBTI does not account for.

Though, I guess in a way she sort of acts like a mirror of Batman himself? he's sort of like Batman but I dunno, is he really that disciplined and organized? he seems like he could be kind of lazy as well if you look at his appearance and everything.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh and it's ironic how anyone in real life can be a certain type, like NF's can be "evil" (depending on how you define this, or whatever your moral stance is) but fictional characters can never be NF's as if it's so black and white.

That's just how I see Batman. Vigilante, double life, loner. Doesn't respect the rules of the system but has his own rules that he follows faithfully. He's a risk taker. I also think Catwoman is similar enough but just different for there to be the chemistry and off and on that they have had. I'm thinking more comics than movies here, btw but ISTP/ISFJ fits for me. Then again this is all entertainment. :)

I don't think Batman outright "hates" the system, but more so he acts within and outside of what he views the justice system as being limited by, but in the end still gives the power to letting them decide what happens to the criminals that he captures. He virtually never would allow himself the ability to decide the fate of those that he apprehends in the name of the law and that's what his main moral code revolves around I think. If anything his main perogative is to stop innocent people from being harmed.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I bet the Penguin's an INTP, lol.

I don't know why, he just reminds me of one of those really disenchanted, resentful INTP's who takes out their anger at the rest of the world.

INTP operating in ENTJ shadow mode?

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Batman has been portrayed as different types. It all depends on who's writing him. Bale's Batman had an ISTJ vibe, and Clooney's was more ENTJ-ish. But in the comics he's almost always written as an INTJ. Very Ni-driven and highly intellectual, but with a good physical skill set (Se) to back it up.

Some have suggested ISTP, but I would argue that he's too much of a planner/strategizer. He's good in-the-moment but at his best with a plan.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP operating in ENTJ shadow mode?

Well he could be, but then you could probably say that most super villains are planned and efficient compared to the average person. They all do that to an extent.

Honestly though I don't think he's ever really been that prominent of a character. He's obviously one of the mainstays, but he's kind of a kingpin who's usually kind of like a secondary contributor to the main foil or whatever. Honestly, I guess I have no idea really.

He's kind of a socialite I guess, but he's usually kind of quiet even though he's often surrounded by groups of people.
BATB081.jpg

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well he could be, but then you could probably say that most super villains are planned and efficient compared to the average person. They all do that to an extent.

Which may be why ENTJs are portrayed as villains so often?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which may be why ENTJs are portrayed as villains so often?

It's true, they are...

The Joker is often typed as an ENTP, and he's quiet planned and organized. I believe many of his plans are, even though he has moments of being spontaneous.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never did read any of the Batman comics. What's really weird to me about this is that The Penguin is the only character whose video is from a movie. All of the other characters are represented by the cartoon Batman: The Animated Series. I've seen every Batman movie to date, except Suicide Squad, don't get me started on why I won't watch that, and I've seen every episode of Batman: The Animated Series as well as The New Batman Adventures. Based on the cartoons, I believe The Penguin is an ESFJ (see link below), and in the movie Batman Returns, I believe he's an INFJ because he has a single vision of what he's going to do from the beginning and just drives towards it throughout the entire movie, but he also likes connecting with people and getting some attention. His feelings are easily manipulated based on how he is treated by the public. However, he spends most of his time alone and sometimes even when surrounded by people, he prefers to not say much and just stand near the edge of the environments they created for the movie.

I did not write this, I just type people mostly based on vibe. However somebody did a good job at explaining the same stuff I felt while watching.
Heroes & Villains of MBTI - ESFJ: Penguin, “Batman: The Animated Series

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's true, they are...

The Joker is often typed as an ENTP, and he's quiet planned and organized. I believe many of his plans are, even though he has moments of being spontaneous.

I found one write-up that asserts Batman is ENTJ:
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jungians and Dragons - ENTJ

The article attributes his social withdrawal to other factors of his personality besides introversion, namely his Enneagram Tritype. And I think in some of his incarnations they definitely have a case.

I only bring it up because ENTJ is a real possibility for a lot of good fictional characters that get identified as other types simply because, as we agreed, ENTJs aren't generally viewed as heroes.

I'd like to think we make pretty awesome good guys myself.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found one write-up that asserts Batman is ENTJ:
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jungians and Dragons - ENTJ

The article attributes his social withdrawal to other factors of his personality besides introversion, namely his Enneagram Tritype. And I think in some of his incarnations they definitely have a case.

I only bring it up because ENTJ is a real possibility for a lot of good fictional characters that get identified as other types simply because, as we agreed, ENTJs aren't generally viewed as heroes.

I'd like to think we make pretty awesome good guys myself.
Well, he spends lots of time formulating plans, working on crime cases or training and studying things related criminology and he's always portrayed as being super aloof with a strong anti social streak. I imagine most extroverts wouldn't be able to handle the kind of lifestyle he leads and while he does socialize normally (as Bruce Wayne) I think it's often sparingly and he doesn't seem to value small talk or acquaintances that much and is not one for frivolities. Honestly, he almost doesn't to really care or need very much social interaction, but obviously I imagine he has trouble taking care of his emotional needs or something. He's really detached and I think all of the people close to him always worry about him as he seems completely dedicated to his mission and doesn't seem to care about anything else. I think I remember Alfred saying something like how he "lost himself in the machine" that he created a long time ago, and that Bruce Wayne died when his parents were shot. (or something like that)