• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In Her Honor : Ani DiFranco= xxxx ?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Guys, I really think she's an introvert. Her songs are incredibly introspective, and she seems like a very private person (doesn't share much, except thru music and doesn't like interacting with fans). I'm going to need to see evidence of extroversion.
ENFPs display this type of introverted extroversion.

I do at least.

I dream of becoming a hermit.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
F_U

I damn near never type anyone, I deeply *feel* and *think* that she is an ENFP.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Moved to Pop Culture and Type, unless YOU KNOW WHO (^^) keeps fluffing it up.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
This is the kind of poetic shizzle that makes me doubt my Feeling. I just can't get into it.
I'm most definitely an F, and I can't "get into it" either. Neither the lyrics themselves, nor the delivery of them. Heh.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Other I observations:

At her concerts, Ani doesn't really play with the crowd much. She seems very focused on herself and her guitar, and she gets very annoyed when people scream or sing-a-long when she's playing. She's definitely not amused at her crazy girl fans.

I mean, she even wrote a song about being on stage. That just screams of the self-consciousness of an introvert.

"imagine that i'm on stage under a watchtower of punishing light.
and in the haze is your face bathed in shadow and what's beyond you is hidden from sight.
and somebody right now is yawning and watching me like a tv.
and i've been frantically piling up sandbags against the flood waters of fatigue and insecurity.
and that's when i hear my guitar singing and so i just start singing along.
and somewhere in my chest all the noise just gets crushed by the song."

nemo

Enneagram
<3
One of the reasons I arrived at E was because in the interviews I've been listening to she repeatedly talks about how she has to write her feelings out before she's completely aware of them in her song-writing.

So I figured Ne dominant. Does Fi work like that? I could be projecting the Ne I see, I guess.

Also, a lot of her biography reminded me of Keirsey's "Champion" descriptions; she's most definitely a "champion" of her various causes.

It's impossible to completely tell, though. But I strongly sense at least NFP either way.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The last concert I went to of hers, she actually yelled at the crowd to shut up.

Honestly, I cannot stand most of her fans, they are phony liberals, so, yeah...still an ENFP.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
The last concert I went to of hers, she actually yelled at the crowd to shut up.

Yeah. I've seen this too. Instead of singing, "Fuck you, and your untouchable face," she said, "Fuck you for screaming in my face." Her shows really aren't enjoyable for me because of the fans. I don't care if they're phony liberals, I just want them to STFU.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. I've seen this too. Instead of singing, "Fuck you, and your untouchable face," she said, "Fuck you for screaming in my face." Her shows really aren't enjoyable for me because of the fans. I don't care if they're phony liberals, I just want them to STFU.
TOTALLY!!!!

When she is on stage, I go mute.

People ruin everything!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*Remembers going to a Radiohead concert to hear plastered idiotic frat boys hooting and hollering, "wooo hooooo, fuck yeah!!!!!"*

*shudders*

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A T is concerned with efficiency, not morality. I still see too much of a morality bent in her.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am intellectually interested in morality.. that is probably what you see.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After reflection, I am considering that Ani is an ENTP