• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dexter

R

Riva

in a purely Te point of view there was only 1 death/sad moment and/as he can at any moment go back to hannah when/if he wants to. I assume/hope he would when he gets over his self hating fi emo shit.
He's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okay,He sleeps all night and he works all dayHe analyses blood spatters, he eats his lunch,He goes to the lava-tryOn Wednesdays 'e goes shoppin'And has buttered scones for teaHe's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okay,He sleeps all night and he works all dayHe analyses blood spatters, he skips and jumps,He likes to press wild flowersHe puts on women's clothingAnd hangs around.... In bars???????He's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okay,He sleeps all night and he works all dayHe analyses blood spatters, he wears high heelsSuspendies?? and a .... a Bra????(spoken, raggedly) What's this? Wants to be a *girlie*? Oh, My!And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!He's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okay,He sleeps all night and he works all dayHe's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okaaaaaaayyyLOL :rofl1:Okay, I'm sorry, I get it, it's impolite to laugh at your own jokes, right?
This was actually really funny.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dexter himself is a 3w2 sp/sx with a 5w6 fix

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
To me Dexter is very much based on Ted Bundy so to me he's an ENTJ, albeit a very socially awkward one.

vitorbronson

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is very easy:

Dexter: ISTJ ( OBVIUS )
Debra : ENFP or ENFJ?
Quin: ESTP ( obvius )
Laguerta: ENTJ (obvius)
Batista: ESFJ ( obvius )
Laila: ENFP or ENTP or ESFP ??
Miguel : ENFP? or ENFJ??
Brian Moser: ENTP ( obvius)
Mazuka: ENTP or ENFP?
Rita: ISFJ
lumen: INFJ
Hanah: ISFP
Doakes: ISTP
Trinidy killer: ISFJ
Harry: ENFJ or INFJ
Jordan Chase: ENTJ or ESTJ
Evelyn Vaoghn : INTJ
Lundy: INTJ

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Season 1&2

Dexter- ISTJ
Debra-ENFP
Angel-IxFP
Rita-ISFJ
Doakes-ISFP
Lundy-ISTJ
Harry-INFJ
Lila-ENFP/J
Maria-ESTJ

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

!!!!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My initial impression of Dexter was IxTP, but I may need to rewatch and reconsider that.

I think a lot of people might be getting the gut feeling that he's an ISTJ due to his strong adherence to Harry's Code, but we have to remember that he frequently questions and breaks that code when it suits his own logical conclusions of how he needs to conduct his life. To me, that suggests a Ti dom over a Te aux.

If he is an INTP, then I can see a strong reliance on his Si "this is how it's worked in the past" impressions leading people to mistake him for an ISTJ. This gets him in trouble a lot, when he overrelies on past assumptions, data and experience but it fails him in the face of new challenges. Sounds more like weak tertiary Si than strong dominant Si.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought he was classic INTJ :thinking: 5w6 2w3 8w7

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought he was classic INTJ :thinking: 5w6 2w3 8w7

Possibly. He seems to make too many missteps though. Are INTJs flawless in their foresight? Not at all, but Dexter makes too many errors to fit the mold of a fictional INTJ, at least in my opinion. When he fucks things up, then fixes them, it's done on the fly, much like a perceiver. This is all conjecture and guesswork based on my own limited knowledge, mind you.

I also disagree with the frequent typings of Walter White from Breaking Bad as an INTJ. I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] made a good case for him actually being an INTP in the grasp of a midlife crisis.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Possibly. He seems to make too many missteps though. Are INTJs flawless in their foresight? Not at all, but Dexter makes too many errors to fit the mold of a fictional INTJ, at least in my opinion.

I also disagree with the frequent typings of Walter White from Breaking Bad as an INTJ. I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] made a good case for him actually being an INTP inthe throes of a midlife crisis.

Hmm. Trying to remember.....he gets himself into some situations because he is slightly impulsive, yes. But I don't see him at all as being INTP, just focused on one thing to the detriment of patience. He is pretty patient though. Some things cannot be planned for when you murder someone in the wild. :huh: :shrug:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Possibly. He seems to make too many missteps though. Are INTJs flawless in their foresight? Not at all, but Dexter makes too many errors to fit the mold of a fictional INTJ, at least in my opinion. When he fucks things up, then fixes them, it's done on the fly, much like a perceiver. This is all conjecture and guesswork based on my own limited knowledge, mind you.
^ This is why I've seen him as ISTJ more than INTJ, at least until later seasons -- total lack of Ni foresight. I have a very hard time seeing him as a perceiver though.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ This is why I've seen him as ISTJ more than INTJ, at least until later seasons -- total lack of Ni foresight. I have a very hard time seeing him as a perceiver though.

Istjs would have more foresight.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember this show. He's an INTJ to me.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what? an Intj would have more foresight because Ni

Dude, I dunno.

Ni is intuition, yes, and can have insight into the overall drift of something, but it will be macro focused, not micro focused. I also think it works better in retrospect or in the present at teasing out the truth of a situation. When we consider practical events in the world, which would be something applicable to Dexter murdering people in the world, a more pragmatic consideration of things would be necessary and useful. I am speaking about Si.

Si is to the practical world what Ni is to the abstract world. How can an intuitive function like Ni which is notorious for ephemeral and "head-in-the-clouds" ideology going to hold a candle to Si, which has chronicled a virtual library of real-life events and happenings, eventualities, etc. That is why estjs are so good at planning and organizing. It is the Si pragmatism.

Ni is blurry possibility while Si is focused realism.

Ni is dreamy while Si is reality.

If you want to cover all your bases for every eventuality, call in someone who is Si dom or aux for the job. Also, Si is reticent to take chances. Si/Te even more so. Ni is willing to try because it is not so set on any one thing.

That is my opinion anyway. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, I dunno.

Ni is intuition, yes, and can have insight into the overall drift of something, but it will be macro focused, not micro focused. I also think it works better in retrospect or in the present at teasing out the truth of a situation. When we consider practical events in the world, which would be something applicable to Dexter murdering people in the world, a more pragmatic consideration of things would be necessary and useful. I am speaking about Si.

Si is to the practical world what Ni is to the abstract world. How can an intuitive function like Ni which is notorious for ephemeral and "head-in-the-clouds" ideology going to hold a candle to Si, which has chronicled a virtual library of real-life events and happenings, eventualities, etc. That is why estjs are so good at planning and organizing. It is the Si pragmatism.

Ni is blurry possibility while Si is focused realism.

Ni is dreamy while Si is reality.

If you want to cover all your bases for every eventuality, call in someone who is Si dom or aux for the job. Also, Si is reticent to take chances. Si/Te even more so. Ni is willing to try because it is not so set on any one thing.

That is my opinion anyway. :)

This is why I made the case for INTP. I think he could be a Si tert

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watched two seasons of the show (season 3 seems boring so far) and I think Dexter could be ISTJ. He uses the code Harry taught him and adapts this to his life which seems like Si. He makes exceptions, but who wouldn't? Overall he seems more like a sensor than an intuitive. The meticulousness in his methods seems Te. I haven't watched the show in a while, maybe I will get back to this thread about his type then.

What did everyone think of Debra's type? She is most commonly typed as an ExFP, but she was quite expressive with her emotions. Considering Fe, but I can relate to her, although not very much due to that and her impulsiveness.

Yeah, but he is classic intj.

Plus he looks like an intj...there is a LOT to that, you know. The looks.

how does he look like an intj?