User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Dexter

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

When I saw INTP.. I was beginning to doubt my typing abilities, but no Dexter is a definite INTJ. He is likely based off the 'INTJ' scientist type..

MBTI
    INTP

Where do you all see any sign of N about him?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

iNventive!

and future oriented..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

To me he almost seems like a wounded Idealist. He's so people-oriented, despite not fully understanding them or himself. And he has this ethical (albeit unusual) code that he is trying to uphold. It's the ethical system, rather than the actual people, that he is concerned with. So, I see NF all over him.

NT is tempting because he's so impersonal but I think that's because of his past. You can see that he's clearly trying to connect to his girlfriend, although he's blocked because he has to protect himself first and foremost. The first time they had sex was one of the sweetest, hottest TV moments I can remember.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

INFJ is much more likely than INTP.

MBTI
    INTP

ISTP.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think Dexter is an INTJ. I agree with everyone here who has noted he's almost a parody of a J and he's pretty clearly I and N.

From watching Six Feet Under and Dexter, I do think Michael C Hall may be an INFJ. I'm an INFJ, I don't really have clear reason for suggesting Hall is an INFJ other than my INFJ spidey sense.

But maybe that's why some are suggesting Dexter is an INFJ instead of INTJ, because of Hall's INFJness coming through?

Typing fictional characters is hard to even attempt, since it is always a mix of the actor playing the character, the writers' vision, and other things. Still, it is a fun exercise. I just started watching Dexter on DVD recently, it's a really addictive show.

MBTI
    INFJ

I actually identify with Dexter a lot. No no, don't be afraid . I just have some misantrophic qualities. And even though I can't put it properly into words, I feel very little for people unknown or distant to me. Sometimes I happen to think if I'm emotionally dead to some degree, if I'm not feeling anything when I "should", but that's just the misantrophy talking. I'm just saying that even INFJs, despite being the empaths, could turn out really ugly if wounded at the core...

Before reading this thread I had been thinking he's an INTJ. But then some people brought up the possibility that he's an INFJ, which is a very interesting twist I hadn't thought about. Yeah, he might be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The more I watch, the more I think he really must be INFJ. Consider how much he uses Fe, even if it is wounded Fe.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

Today a funny thought occurred to me. Don't take this post too seriously. INFJs are known as problem avoiders and doorslammers. I can see some of that past trauma avoidance in Dexter, but I also thought that killing someone is like the ultimate form of doorslam. No? Okay.