User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Dexter

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Debra is extremely impulsive. She even changes her mind in the world of love without consideration for the other person-- she likes the possibilities more than what is fixed and stable. Debra also solves cases by aha! moments, sniffing out possibilities, and following hunches no one else believes.

Rita doesn't seem like a very earthy person. She's more of an essence reader, someone who orders the world in terms of importance and worth. She's gentle, kind, empathetic, and easily hurt. Her feeling isn't like Fe team building, and she doesn't have a lot of social awareness either. This all points to Fi, probably INFP, since she idealizes her relationships instead of having fun or watching tv.

Ah, how did we forget? Miguel Prado should also be on Team ENTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    Debra is extremely impulsive. She even changes her mind in the world of love without consideration for the other person-- she likes the possibilities more than what is fixed and stable. Debra also solves cases by aha! moments, sniffing out possibilities, and following hunches no one else believes.
    Fair...that's a pretty good argument. I have her as ESFJ because I noticed her ardent insistence on respecting family traditions/fulfilling expected familial roles (Dad's birthday, etc.), which seems very Fe. I think her impulsiveness can be explained by tertiary Ne leading her to get restless with what is and seek newer, more exciting possibilities. This always seems to happen when she is very stressed out and tertiary functions start coming in.

Her "aha!" moments usually require someone else pointing her in the right direction (often Dexter or Lundy) which I don't think would be true for many Ne doms.

Rita doesn't seem like a very earthy person. She's more of an essence reader, someone who orders the world in terms of importance and worth. She's gentle, kind, empathetic, and easily hurt. Her feeling isn't like Fe team building, and she doesn't have a lot of social awareness either. This all points to Fi, probably INFP, since she idealizes her relationships instead of having fun or watching tv.
    Rita is extremely conscious of "what the neighbors think!" and her biggest issues with Dexter are when she feels he isn't living up to his familial obligations to her and the kids. I don't know what you mean by Fe team building--I don't think that's really what Fe does.

She's very aware of social etiquette standards, even publicly chiding Dexter for not observing them at times. Gentle/kind/empathetic/easily hurt is the case for quite a lot of people of all four I_F_ types.

Where do you get social unawareness? The only Ne I ever see in her is when she's really worried (like when Dexter doesn't come home on time) and starts imagining the worst possible absurd scenarios, very characteristic of inferior Ne.

Ah, how did we forget? Miguel Prado should also be on Team ENTJ!
    Miguel seemed more ENFJ to me with his extraordinary charisma. I suppose the killing could be an expression of inferior Fi's anger at the justice system's failure, which could support ENTJ. There are a lot of very charismatic ENTJs, I suppose.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Where do you get social unawareness?
    Well, consider how she was fired from her job. Rita was more concerned about how the customer made *Rita* feel, instead of how Rita was making the customer feel. We would expect one of the four FJ types to be excellent at establishing rapport, creating harmony, and letting the customer know they're on the customer's side.

BTW, I hate Rita, and rooted for her to die all four seasons!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, consider how she was fired from her job. Rita was more concerned about how the customer made *Rita* feel, instead of how Rita was making the customer feel. We would expect one of the four FJ types to be excellent at establishing rapport, creating harmony, and letting the customer know they're on the customer's side.
    Fair, but she's pregnant and incredibly stressed out. Fe might react negatively here because it perceives the customer as being unduly rude, not observing the general rules for how strangers in public should treat each other.

Did anyone who has seen season 4 find it interesting that through Trinity Dexter realizes he has a conscience? At least that was what he seemed to realize in himself, as if it was something he always had, but was unable to realize without 'enough experience'. Is this important in typing him?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Did anyone who has seen season 4 find it interesting that through Trinity Dexter realizes he has a conscious?
    I'm pretty sure he was conscious most of the time, though whether he has a conscience is debatable.

I'm pretty sure he was conscious most of the time, though whether he has a conscience is debatable.
    lol, yeah, conscience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Did anyone who has seen season 4 find it interesting that through Trinity Dexter realizes he has a conscious? At least that was what he seemed to realize in himself, as if it was something he always had, but was unable to realize without 'enough experience'. Is this important in typing him?
    tert Fi

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Disagreements and Additions

Dexter Morgan - INTJ (Just because he may be repressing emotion, doesn't automatically make him a closet F. Dexter always is the one to choose reason over emotion).

Bryan 'The Ice Truck Killer' Moser - ENTP (I doubt this can be disputed).

Lila - ENTP (She wants to find out what makes Dexter tick; not an S trait. She also lets off very similar vibes to Bryan Moser despite the gender difference which would explain her preference towards manipulation over serial-killing).

Debra Morgan - ENFP (She takes emotional problems far too strongly to be an xSFx). I have an ESFP mother and an ENFP sister and the difference is very easy to see after a while.

Rita Bennett - INFJ (Her sense of how things 'should' be seem to stem from a personal sense of justice rather than an adopted one. Compare with Maria who states her 'shoulds' rather than reflecting on them).

James Doakes - ESTP (An ESTP in a foul mood can be just domineering as an ENTJ, but in doing so they are more likely to take the law in their own hands and forget to think before they leap. His xSxP moodswings also point away from the xNTx rationale).

Miguel Prado - ENTJ (Authoritative, domineering and likes to take things into his own hands but not a wild card like Doakes.)

More to come once I see the next season.
    Last edited by edchidna1000; 06-18-2010 at 03:16 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Frank Lundy - INTJ (He prefers his peace and quiet, see how he always takes time alone for his sandwich. Lundy differs from Dexter in that his Introversion is not as extreme as Dexter, allowing him to freely exercise charisma when the opportunity demands it.)

Angel Batista - ESFP (I have no idea how anyone could possibly call him an IxPx anything.)

Maria LaGuerta - ESTJ (She's hard, she's rigid, she hates ENFP Debra Morgan, she directs the correct way while devoid of flashes of genius.)

Vincent Masouka - XXXX (How can we type Masouka, when he doesn't really know himself? The character thrives on being the court jester and while this in a normal case would point to an ExTP, his clear fragility and need to be accepted through these measures suggests another type, maybe an F. Masouka spends just as much time trying to be someone else as Dexter does, only we know how Dexter really is.)