User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Dexter

MBTI
    nnnn

I dunno about INTJ. With Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory I identified instantly (general inclinations blown completely out of proportion and OCD mind you :p), Dexter not at all. He's not very hard at all. He just kills people.

And follows someone else's code. And though he claims not to feel is way more emotion-oriented in his analyses. INTJs (stereotypical) feel and have emotion working on them without realising it and don't take emotion into account. This seems to be the reverse for Dexter.

Of course there's the psychopath thing. And the fictional thing.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Dexter not at all. He's not very hard at all. He just kills people.

And follows someone else's code. And though he claims not to feel is way more emotion-oriented in his analyses. INTJs (stereotypical) feel and have emotion working on them without realising it and don't take emotion into account. This seems to be the reverse for Dexter.

Of course there's the psychopath thing. And the fictional thing.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think what makes him such a psycho is the fact that he isn't as cold and rational as he'd like to be. Again, were he a rational I don't think he'd be portrayed in the same manner. Don't you think there's a point to him trying so hard to be a cynic? Doesn't that scream out to you 'who is he trying to fool?'

People make it sound as if he's changing personality in the lastest season because he's showing signs of Fe. Isn't it logical to conclude that he had that function all along, but being socially retarded it's only surfacing now - rather than his entire personality changing?
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 01-03-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typos
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    What do you mean by cracking the moral code? Corruption?
    Rendering it invalid, or at least something more refined. That's what I would expect from an NT.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Dexter- INTJ
    Debra- ESTP
    Rita- ESFJ
    Maria- ENTJ
    Angel- INTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    Debra- ESTP
    Angel- INTP

What the hell?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    What the hell?
    Debra, because she is a straight-talking, straight-shooting and fast-paced type who likes to get shit done. But I think she might really be an ENTP on closer inspection, what's your opinion on that?

As for Angel, I guess he could be an INFP more than an INTP. What are your opinions of their type?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    Debra, because she is a straight-talking, straight-shooting and fast-paced type who likes to get shit done. But I think she might really be an ENTP on closer inspection, what's your opinion on that?

As for Angel, I guess he could be an INFP more than an INTP. What are your opinions of their type?
    Angel is not N. Just, no.

Debra seems ENFP to me.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    Angel is not N. Just, no.

Debra seems ENFP to me.
    Don't take my opinion too seriously. I barely watch the show; I've seen less than 10 episodes at best. I thoroughly enjoy it however, and was just having a bit of fun speculation.

You should probably just ignore my post, clearly I don't have enough knowledge of the show, lol.

Btw, the (pretty retarded) reasoning behind my N typing is because crime invesigators seem to be more lenient towards this, given that they have to think outside the box a lot and observe with speculation. Idk.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

As an ENTJ, Frank Lundy is the only character I identify with personality-wise. He's precise, sees the big picture, and is always up for a challenge. Plus he easily subordinates personal interests to professional interests, so I don't know where people are getting ENFP.

With the other ENTJ candidates, I'd put Doakes down for ISTJ, and LaGuerta down for ENFJ. Doakes only sees the details right in front of him, which is why he is the only one suspicious of Dexter. He also lets his SJ "shoulds" get the best of him. LaGuerta has a very people-y, as opposed to an analytic, leadership style, which is why she isn't Te (ESTJ or ENTJ) but Fe, probably ENFJ, since she seems to bring situational insight.

Debra is the ENFP. Rita = INFP. Quinn's a little iffy, I'd say ESTP. Matsuka= ENTP. Batista seems like an SF of some sort, maybe an overworked ESFP, though I'm more likely wrong here than with anyone else.

Dexter seems like an INTJ mastermind, because we see the planning. But he doesn't have the intellectual interests and some of the INTJs above don't identify with him. If so, has anyone considered ISFJ for Dex McDexerton? INTJ was also my first guess, though I'm not sure if INTJs would have the indirect fakeyness (Fe?) or the shoulds of The Code (Si).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    As an ENTJ, Frank Lundy is the only character I identify with personality-wise. He's precise, sees the big picture, and is always up for a challenge. Plus he easily subordinates personal interests to professional interests, so I don't know where people are getting ENFP.

With the other ENTJ candidates, I'd put Doakes down for ISTJ, and LaGuerta down for ENFJ. Doakes only sees the details right in front of him, which is why he is the only one suspicious of Dexter. He also lets his SJ "shoulds" get the best of him. LaGuerta has a very people-y, as opposed to an analytic, leadership style, which is why she isn't Te (ESTJ or ENTJ) but Fe, probably ENFJ, since she seems to bring situational insight.

Debra is the ENFP. Rita = INFP. Quinn's a little iffy, I'd say ESTP. Matsuka= ENTP. Batista seems like an SF of some sort, maybe an overworked ESFP, though I'm more likely wrong here than with anyone else.

Dexter seems like an INTJ mastermind, because we see the planning. But he doesn't have the intellectual interests and some of the INTJs above don't identify with him. If so, has anyone considered ISFJ for Dex McDexerton? INTJ was also my first guess, though I'm not sure if INTJs would have the indirect fakeyness (Fe?) or the shoulds of The Code (Si).
    ^ I could see ENFJ for Lundy, which might explain the identification with another ENJ?

How exactly do you get P for Debra (ESFJ)? Or Rita (ISFJ)? Doakes is far more ISTP than ISTJ in his gross disregard for the justice system's rules. Quinn seems awfully ISFP with an exaggerated macho front to hide his sensitivity (not uncommon for ISFP males who are raised to display traditional "masculinity.")

I originally had ENTJ for LaGuerta but actually I think you have a pretty good case for ENFJ. Sometimes T women will adopt more F-isms due to upbringing and social expectations so they can be hard to read.

Interestingly your ESFP for Batista is spot on, and certainly not where you're the most wrong.

As for Dexter...

I thought INTJ at first too but there is a nocap post somewhere in thread that makes the case for ISTJ really convincingly. Look at how Dexter reasons: When he needs guidance, he relies on immersing himself into extremely detailed past impressions of his father's personality in order collect information on a situation.

He always relates new information back to the things he already knows from experience, and he has a sensory fixation with blood which is also very Si...he most desires to relive one particular kind of sensory experience that evokes the stored impressions of previous murders. He doesn't make connections by changing the framework; he just recalls sensory data with extraordinary clarity and constantly lets it guide his current situation.

All of his kill sites are designed to the exact detailed specifications (down to the pictures of their victims and cutting their cheeks) that evoke his favorite memories of past murders!

Even his blood slides are Si; he collects physical objects that evoke the stored impressions of the sensations he enjoys. SJs who are interested in history collect stamps, memoirs, war books, what have you...SJs who are interested in music collect instruments, physical copies of music, etc. Having these "collections" around stimulates Si to evoke the intense recollection of those experiences most enjoyed.

Dexter most enjoys blood, and the slides do just that for him.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?