• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What movie/tv characters would you liken yourself to?

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
As the title says, who would you compare yourself to?

My mom has said that I remind her of "Perry Mason".

I defintley identify with Kramer on a lot of levels, also the comedian Steven Wright, he's absolutley hilarious.

So what movie or tv star do you think identify with the most?

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
Kate in "Kate & Leopold" - but only until she meets Leopold. And I haven't been a "small" anything since I was a toddler - ha!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a lot like JD from Scrubs.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doc Holliday from Tombstone

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
The cast of Frasier rolled into one person, with particular weight on the neuroticism displayed in conjunction by Niles and Frasier.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The growling furball from "The Dark Crystal". It's me.

fizzgig.jpg

fizzgig.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I really identify with Liz Lemon on 30 Rock. A lot.

When I was younger and way more obnoxiously opinionated, I was kind of like Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women. Complete with the longwinded rants that I thought were hilarious.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dave on News Radio.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You could probably have guessed this one, but here it is:

C3-P0 -- Star Wars series

I really don't identify with many other television characters. There are a few in video games, but there are too many E's and P's in television.

I would like to know which characters you'd compare me to, though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
bumped b/c I really hoped more people would do this one! It's fun, people!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Frank on 30 Rock, except better groomed.

And on the negative side (because Frank is SO positive), Diane Chambers from Cheers. We both have illusions about our wit, intelligence and deserved station in life that are belied by our ho-hum actual lives.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Bernard Black - Black Books
Larry David - Curb your Enthusiasm
And before the movie started getting stupid, Johnny Depp's character in Secret Window.

Last edited:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Slade in Teen Titans
Azula in Avatar: the Last Airbender
John Nash in The Beautiful Mind

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
A lot of people say I remind them of David Spade, he's clever.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
The growling furball from "The Dark Crystal". It's me.

fizzgig.jpg

fizzgig.jpg

HAHAHA! I just have to say how much this cracked me up, again. I tried to rep it, but apparently I already have. Thanks for the hearty laugh at two-thirty am, babe. I love you for this kind of stuff. :D

I relate a LOT to this character:

Shizuku from a Studio Ghibli film called Whisper of the Heart (which, incidentally, can be watched in full on youtube). She's a teenager who considers the library home and reads fantasy and fiction frequently. She's going through growing pains but overall doing very well in school and seems to be enjoying her normal life. She meets a boy who is following his passion of becoming a violin-maker, and she deeply admires his courage, initiative and what he's accomplished so far, but on the flipside she feels extremely pale in comparison to him: "He already knows what he wants to do and he's pursuing it, and I don't even know what I want to do. He's already so much more accomplished than I am. I don't feel good enough."

He inspires her to pursue her dream of writing, and, if only to prove to herself that she has it in her, she feverishly writes her first novel while he's away for a couple months in Cremona, Italy, studying as a violin-maker's apprentice. She neglects her school work while she's writing, much to her family's worry; her older sister confronts her with her falling grades, saying no secondary school is going to accept her if she screws up her grades now. She's faced with the dilemma of either sticking to the well-worn path of school and education, or of beating her own path. Her father tells her that beating her own path will be hard, but he gives her the choice.

When she completes the novel, she still doesn't feel good enough. "I tried so hard to write, but there's still so much I don't know about writing." She cries at the end of this line, but the grandfather of the boy comforts her by comparing artists (including her) to jewels in the rough: first one must dig deep to find the gems within the rock, which is hard work, but even after finding them, the gems must be polished, which takes a lot of hard work too. She later decides to stay in school at least until she completes high school, but she still hopes to be a professional writer some day. So I can relate a great deal to her struggles: staying on the well-worn path vs. finding one's own, and intense feelings of not being good enough.

Characters I also relate to whom people may be more familiar with: Juno from the movie Juno and Ashitaka from the movie Princess Mononoke.