User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    The one where he is staring at himself in the mirror while he's, edit: having sex with that girl?

Where he is basically getting off on watching himself get off?
    Yeah, I lol at that. Most sex scenes in mainstream movies are corny; that one is hilarious.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, you kid.

I thought you really liked it.

And believe you me, I would not have judged, sexuality is a fascinating subject to/for me.

What turns people on and why, (myself included), really does pique my interest.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Oh, you kid.

I thought you really liked it.

And believe you me, I would not have judged, sexuality is a fascinating subject to/for me.

What turns people on and why, (myself included), really does pique my interest.
    No! I am not, uh, being an impure_mercury while watching that scene. I just like that they played up the narcissism so OTT while it being believable in the context of the story. I am trying to think of actual hot sex scenes in films. Um. . . under the blanket in Enemy at the Gates? Jason's Lyric? I found Monster's Ball to be simultaneously sexy and disturbing.

P.S. Weirdest sex scene ever? Joe Pesci, Kevin Bacon, and Tommy Lee Jones having gay costume/sex party in JFK.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    he's not an F at all. everyone has feelings. he's completely distraught. i think the uncontrolled nature of his killings come from auxiliary Fi.

haven't you never seen a T lose control? it's even scarier because they're less conscious of their feelings.
    Everyone has thoughts and logic as well. lol.

I really feel that Patrick Bateman is a fucked-up INFJ who masks himself as an INTJ. To the world around him, he appears cool and collected. He strives for perfection, and thinks things through before acting.

The Patrick Bateman inside is conflicted and constantly driven by his emotions to an unhealthy level. He is not in control of his actions at all and has sudden outbursts of rage. He has them so often, I highly doubt that he's an INTJ. In fact, he even notes their increase.

I would say that I agree the line is very thin, and the reason for this is because of his mental disorder, obviously. But judging from how I am as an INFJ, I can relate to him in a number of ways. Masking myself as an INTJ is one of them. Outside, I can keep cool and collected when the need calls for it, but inside I'm a whirlwind of thought and emotion. Only my closest friends know how I truly am. Also, I'm a perfectionist like you wouldn't believe. I also constantly want to fit in, just like Bateman does. Ugh!!! I'll try not to mention too many of my flaws.

Inside, I'm constantly conflicted between what society says I should be, what I want to be, and what I actually am. It drives me insane. LMFAO.

So to me its not what he presents to the public, but what he is inside. The movie and the book make several references to the differences between how he presents himself and how he really is. If I recall correctly, in the book he constantly engages himself in things that will evoke emotion. Like watching Oprah.

There are a thousand little aspects to his personality that I can relate to. Suffice to say that Bret Easton Ellis is a literary genious.
    Last edited by ByMySword; 03-21-2008 at 11:27 PM.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^good boy
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Why iNtuitive?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why iNtuitive?
    yeah. i'm changing my guess to ISTJ (which i kind of said before).

MBTI
    INFJ

Maybe it's me, but I had him pinned as an ISTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

old thread being resurrected.

well the most obvious type to have issues with:

-narcissism
    -horrible control over inferior Feelings

would be an Enneagram 8 ... but im not sure of his enneagram.

i think guessing his enneagram and then deducing his type from that, would be the best move.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I've had someone tell me that he thought I was going to ax him in the face after I went into a long rant about Genesis. Apparently, I share quite a number of superficial elements with Patrick Bateman. He only feels "greed and disgust," though. I am way too emotional to be as robotic as he is. I've been called a sociopath before, too. What types escape into extremely lucid, vivid dreams?
    Everybody in this thread is way off, imho.

Bateman is a classic case of ESFJ with Narcissistic Personality Disorder...his secondary Si doesn't work so he has no sense of grounding to the real world and no ability to internally consider that there might be anything wrong with him.

You get Fe+Ne. The dominant Fe is obvious in his absolute obsession over public image and the ludicrous insecurity that results only from total overdependence upon external sources of psychological validation (this happens because he has two extroverted functions running the show.)

Tertiary Ne manifests itself in terms of his murder fantasies throughout the entire novel. He is so brutally insecure that fantasizing about murdering the people with stronger public image than his is the only way he can feel secure again.

Read the book again looking for Fe+Ne and I think it's very obvious he's just an ESFJ with horrific NPD.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?