User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Felicity

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Default Felicity

So while driving to work today, Felicity popped into my head, and I was filled with warm nostalgia. One of my secret favorite shows!!!

Given my age compared to many on the forum, many might not be acquainted with it, but for those of my generation, do you agree/disagree with these? (and fyi, it's been a number of years since I've watched all of the episodes, so I won't really be able to justify any of these typings or refer to specific episodes)

Felicity - INTJ (possibly ISTJ?)
    Noel - INFJ (initially I thought maybe INFP, but he seems way too Fe for that)
    Ben -ExTP (just a softer one), or maybe ExFP.. not really sure
    Megan - ESFP, or maybe ISFP
    Megan's boyfriend - ESFJ

Many more minor characters of which I can't recall their names or enough about them....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

I remember the show, but I never watched it.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTJ? I always thought Felicity was my favorite INFJ of all time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    INTJ? I always thought Felicity was my favorite INFJ of all time.
    Really?? Oh my!! I guess.. I don't think she's terribly Fe! (although I Felicity) I always though IxTJ, and saw her as rather a contrast to Ben and Noel in terms of her relational skills/emotional vulnerability. But.. it's possible I guess!

Interested in hearing others' opinions!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

She just seemed way too "warm" and soft to be an NT. Whenever Ben would do something to hurt her (not show up for a date, change plans), she seemed deeply affected, sad, hurt. And those tremendously vulnerable letters she wrote (or voice recordings to her friend out west) about her love life. Too much sap to be NT. Half the time I just wanted to crawl into the TV screen and hug the girl.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

^I do agree the letters and voice recordings were totally-un-NT. However, I should point out that I, as an INFJ, am not nearly that sappy and have never done such a thing either!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    ^I do agree the letters and voice recordings were totally-un-NT. However, I should point out that I, as an INFJ, am not nearly that sappy and have never done such a thing either!!!
    LOL. I guess being an INFJ you would know better than I if she seems INFJ. She just seemed to have that INFJ "balanced" thing going on - where you guys are "logical" yet you "feel very deeply" at the same time. She just didn't seem T to me. She seemed very much an F who kept the deep feelings under the surface - yet you knew they were there - you knew she was feeling very deeply and was very much affected by the actions of others. Don't tell anyone, but I had a crush on her.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    LOL. I guess being an INFJ you would know better than I if she seems INFJ. She just seemed to have that INFJ "balanced" thing going on - where you guys are "logical" yet you "feel very deeply" at the same time. She just didn't seem T to me. She seemed very much an F who kept the deep feelings under the surface - yet you knew they were there - you knew she was feeling very deeply and was very much affected by the actions of others. Don't tell anyone, but I had a crush on her.
    Like I said... I Felicity too!! I probably have a girl crush on her, lol.

I'd be curious to hear from any female INTJ's who have seen the show, though. I also know that INTJ's can have pretty deep feelings under the surface / have sensitivities, but I don't know the typical extent of that.

I think the main basis for my thinking she's ITJ was again the contrast between Noel and Ben -- Noel seems to be a definite F, and imo Noel is a hardcore NF. Ben... seems somehow emotionally more vulnerable than Felicity, although in the end I don't think he's an F - probably just tertiary Fe with him, but again there's a contrast between he and Felicity. Was looking at more of the interrelational dynamics between Felicity and them, I guess, to determine her type. Although I can't rule out INFJ for Felicity either.

What are your thoughts on Noel, then?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, I'd probably peg Noel as an ENFx. But, still see Felicity as an INFJ. I considered INFP for her, but she's very much a J. I'd like to hear the thoughts of INTJ women now as well, but the more I think about it - I didn't see Te from her either. I didn't see much T at all actually. But, let's leave that to the INTJ women to decide, right? As for Ben, that's tough. I think he was closer to being a T. I can't decide which one of the 4 NT types though. That's the thing with TV personalities, they can sometimes be a hybrid of types cuz they're invented personalities. I want to say xNTP, but there were things about him that did not seem xNTP - for instance, not a lot of Ne. But, he did seem T to me with some F sprinkled in. He wasn't a hardcore T.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

To clarify, I can't say that I see Felicity as being exactly like an INFJ. But, I come up with INFJ if I take each dicthotomy one at at time. I/E: she's I. N/S: She's N. F/T: To me, she seemed very F. P/J: she's J.

So, while she may not resemble real INFJ's, that was why I saw her as INFJ - just taking one dichotomy at a time.