• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Traits you have of your opposite type

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are some habits you have that seem like your opposite type?

I have a few tendencies that are ISTJ as hell
- it's not politically correct to say, but I really do like certain aspects traditional roles. for instance when I see a woman acting unlady-like or rude, I get very disgusted. that being said, I find a genuinely strong and confident woman very refreshing (but I haven't met very many confident men or women in my life)
- drink tea routinely and I'm very particular about the variety, the brewing method and not letting anyone disturb me
- get extremely annoyed if someone rushes me
- see a little bit of myself in George Banks from Mary Poppins
- often give off a fairly ESTJ persona because people don't disrespect yo ass if you're an ISTJ or ESTJ
- can be kind of rigid if I'm pissed off
- some things just have to be done correctly for me to accept them
- can relate a lot to enneatype 1 (the most common type for ISTJs)
- if I don't know you well, I'm likely to be rather formal and businesslike (but with a little more subtle Fi warmth that most ISTJs)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm basing this on the Personality Page ESFJ description.

Strong desire to be liked and for everything to be pleasant.
Highly supportive of others.
Takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable.
Value security and stability.
See before others do what needs to be done, and do whatever it takes to make sure that it gets done.
Need approval from others to feel good about themselves.
Hurt by indifference and don't understand unkindness.
Wants to be appreciated for who I am.
Strong need to be liked and to be in control.
Often change their manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment.
Usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be.
Most comfortable with structured environments.
Enjoy creating order and structure, and are very good at tasks which require these kinds of skills.
At my worst I may be prone to being quite insecure or overly sensitive, imagining bad intentions when there weren't any.
Warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, thorough, consistent.

I actually relate quite a bit to my opposite. No I'm not an ESFJ. I just have well developed Si and Fe.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, I was so planning to do a thread on this! I got the idea because my sister and I are opposing types. So based on our relationship:

INFPs and ESTJs

- stubborn as hell
- very opinionated
- know-it-all-ness
- very strong values
- feel misunderstood by others
- have high expectations for ourselves
- have a silly streak
- conscientiousness
- passionate intensity
- seek solitude under stress
- sensitive to criticism

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was already a thread similar to this, but sine it specified "profile", I refrained giving my answer then.

But INTP-ESFJ:

informative (people focused in the social area)
structure focused (task-focused in action and leadership; don't want to be controlled by others)

Of course, for all four-letter opposites, they share the same four primary four functions, though reversed in order. What one is mature and confident with, the other is immature and vulnerable in. They may look up to it.

So both me and my ESFJ generally like who people are, but can be critical of what they do. She's more active in reaching out, while I'm more passive. I'm more into logical stuff, though she can really appreciate it. We like watching Alton Brown and others on the Food Network, and other stuff like the different homes on those househunters programs.
She's more serious with Si; while I'm more playful (nostalgic) with it, and I'm more serious with exploring possibilities, while she's more playful with it. (Both tertiaries becoming "inflated" to the point that she though I was the S and she was the N).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am interested in security and peaceful living. I tend to be very loyal. I have some respect for laws and traditions, though I think they need to be considered and usually revised carefully. I have a certain respect for law, order, and safety...though from a distance.

I think that the stuff Southern Cross listed about ESTJ-INFP fits just as well for ENFP-ISTJ, like being stubborn and opinionated, strong values, sensitivity to criticism and seeking solitude under stress.

I've had two or three people speculate that I could be an STJ on-line (ho ho ho!) and a friend of mine jokingly asked me if I were ISTJ (he knows I'm ENFP) because I like history and museums, etc.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Hey, I was so planning to do a thread on this! I got the idea because my sister and I are opposing types. So based on our relationship:

INFPs and ESTJs

- stubborn as hell
- very opinionated
- know-it-all-ness
- very strong values
- feel misunderstood by others
- have high expectations for ourselves
- have a silly streak
- conscientiousness
- passionate intensity
- seek solitude under stress
- sensitive to criticism

Very accurate for me as well.

Also adding to the list:

High need to be independent, seek autonomy and self-sufficiency.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am interested in security and peaceful living. I tend to be very loyal. I have some respect for laws and traditions, though I think they need to be considered and usually revised carefully. I have a certain respect for law, order, and safety...though from a distance.

I think that the stuff Southern Cross listed about ESTJ-INFP fits just as well for ENFP-ISTJ, like being stubborn and opinionated, strong values, sensitivity to criticism and seeking solitude under stress.

I've had two or three people speculate that I could be an STJ on-line (ho ho ho!) and a friend of mine jokingly asked me if I were ISTJ (he knows I'm ENFP) because I like history and museums, etc.
I like history and museums too! Yay for Fi+Ne+Si+Te :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm basing this on the Personality Page ESFJ description.
Strong desire to be liked and for everything to be pleasant.
Highly supportive of others.
Takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable.
Value security and stability.
See before others do what needs to be done, and do whatever it takes to make sure that it gets done.
Need approval from others to feel good about themselves.
Hurt by indifference and don't understand unkindness.
Wants to be appreciated for who I am.
Strong need to be liked and to be in control.
Often change their manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment.
Usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be.
Most comfortable with structured environments.
Enjoy creating order and structure, and are very good at tasks which require these kinds of skills.
At my worst I may be prone to being quite insecure or overly sensitive, imagining bad intentions when there weren't any.
Warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, thorough, consistent.

Pretty much all the stuff I didn't strike out.

I didn't really realize how much of my opposite I'd incorporated into my main personality until some decent "typers" on another forum mistook my anonymous data sheet for an ESFJ. Then it made me think, and realize why I'm conflicted so much, or sometimes end up in situations where I'm not ultimately happy, because they're catering to the competent shadow side of me while not making allowance for my natural tendencies.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
It's really difficult for me see in me any ESFP traits. Maybe they are unconscious...
maybe only when I was a child I gave sometimes a performing stage only for my mom for joking.
But I really believe no one can think I could be an ESFP in any situation.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Under stress, I tend to become very rigid in-terms of planning things and making sure that things 'get done'. I also tend to keep to myself more, and become a bit more "feely" than normal.

Overall though, I don't really change that much.

D

Dali

I think I'd have more in common with the 14 other types than with an ENTJ.