User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default Traits you have of your opposite type

    What are some habits you have that seem like your opposite type?

    I have a few tendencies that are ISTJ as hell
    - it's not politically correct to say, but I really do like certain aspects traditional roles. for instance when I see a woman acting unlady-like or rude, I get very disgusted. that being said, I find a genuinely strong and confident woman very refreshing (but I haven't met very many confident men or women in my life)
    - drink tea routinely and I'm very particular about the variety, the brewing method and not letting anyone disturb me
    - get extremely annoyed if someone rushes me
    - see a little bit of myself in George Banks from Mary Poppins
    - often give off a fairly ESTJ persona because people don't disrespect yo ass if you're an ISTJ or ESTJ
    - can be kind of rigid if I'm pissed off
    - some things just have to be done correctly for me to accept them
    - can relate a lot to enneatype 1 (the most common type for ISTJs)
    - if I don't know you well, I'm likely to be rather formal and businesslike (but with a little more subtle Fi warmth that most ISTJs)

  2. #2
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I'm basing this on the Personality Page ESFJ description.

    Strong desire to be liked and for everything to be pleasant.
    Highly supportive of others.
    Takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable.
    Value security and stability.
    See before others do what needs to be done, and do whatever it takes to make sure that it gets done.
    Need approval from others to feel good about themselves.
    Hurt by indifference and don't understand unkindness.
    Wants to be appreciated for who I am.
    Strong need to be liked and to be in control.
    Often change their manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment.
    Usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be.
    Most comfortable with structured environments.
    Enjoy creating order and structure, and are very good at tasks which require these kinds of skills.
    At my worst I may be prone to being quite insecure or overly sensitive, imagining bad intentions when there weren't any.
    Warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, thorough, consistent.


    I actually relate quite a bit to my opposite. No I'm not an ESFJ. I just have well developed Si and Fe.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  3. #3
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Hey, I was so planning to do a thread on this! I got the idea because my sister and I are opposing types. So based on our relationship:

    INFPs and ESTJs

    - stubborn as hell
    - very opinionated
    - know-it-all-ness
    - very strong values
    - feel misunderstood by others
    - have high expectations for ourselves
    - have a silly streak
    - conscientiousness
    - passionate intensity
    - seek solitude under stress
    - sensitive to criticism
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  4. #4
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    There was already a thread similar to this, but sine it specified "profile", I refrained giving my answer then.

    But INTP-ESFJ:

    informative (people focused in the social area)
    structure focused (task-focused in action and leadership; don't want to be controlled by others)

    Of course, for all four-letter opposites, they share the same four primary four functions, though reversed in order. What one is mature and confident with, the other is immature and vulnerable in. They may look up to it.

    So both me and my ESFJ generally like who people are, but can be critical of what they do. She's more active in reaching out, while I'm more passive. I'm more into logical stuff, though she can really appreciate it. We like watching Alton Brown and others on the Food Network, and other stuff like the different homes on those househunters programs.
    She's more serious with Si; while I'm more playful (nostalgic) with it, and I'm more serious with exploring possibilities, while she's more playful with it. (Both tertiaries becoming "inflated" to the point that she though I was the S and she was the N).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I am interested in security and peaceful living. I tend to be very loyal. I have some respect for laws and traditions, though I think they need to be considered and usually revised carefully. I have a certain respect for law, order, and safety...though from a distance.

    I think that the stuff Southern Cross listed about ESTJ-INFP fits just as well for ENFP-ISTJ, like being stubborn and opinionated, strong values, sensitivity to criticism and seeking solitude under stress.

    I've had two or three people speculate that I could be an STJ on-line (ho ho ho!) and a friend of mine jokingly asked me if I were ISTJ (he knows I'm ENFP) because I like history and museums, etc.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hey, I was so planning to do a thread on this! I got the idea because my sister and I are opposing types. So based on our relationship:

    INFPs and ESTJs

    - stubborn as hell
    - very opinionated
    - know-it-all-ness
    - very strong values
    - feel misunderstood by others
    - have high expectations for ourselves
    - have a silly streak
    - conscientiousness
    - passionate intensity
    - seek solitude under stress
    - sensitive to criticism
    Very accurate for me as well.

    Also adding to the list:

    High need to be independent, seek autonomy and self-sufficiency.

  7. #7
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I am interested in security and peaceful living. I tend to be very loyal. I have some respect for laws and traditions, though I think they need to be considered and usually revised carefully. I have a certain respect for law, order, and safety...though from a distance.

    I think that the stuff Southern Cross listed about ESTJ-INFP fits just as well for ENFP-ISTJ, like being stubborn and opinionated, strong values, sensitivity to criticism and seeking solitude under stress.

    I've had two or three people speculate that I could be an STJ on-line (ho ho ho!) and a friend of mine jokingly asked me if I were ISTJ (he knows I'm ENFP) because I like history and museums, etc.
    I like history and museums too! Yay for Fi+Ne+Si+Te
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  8. #8
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm basing this on the Personality Page ESFJ description.
    Strong desire to be liked and for everything to be pleasant.
    Highly supportive of others.
    Takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable.
    Value security and stability.
    See before others do what needs to be done, and do whatever it takes to make sure that it gets done.
    Need approval from others to feel good about themselves.
    Hurt by indifference and don't understand unkindness.
    Wants to be appreciated for who I am.
    Strong need to be liked and to be in control.
    Often change their manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment.
    Usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be.
    Most comfortable with structured environments.
    Enjoy creating order and structure, and are very good at tasks which require these kinds of skills.
    At my worst I may be prone to being quite insecure or overly sensitive, imagining bad intentions when there weren't any.
    Warm, sympathetic, helpful, cooperative, tactful, thorough, consistent.
    Pretty much all the stuff I didn't strike out.

    I didn't really realize how much of my opposite I'd incorporated into my main personality until some decent "typers" on another forum mistook my anonymous data sheet for an ESFJ. Then it made me think, and realize why I'm conflicted so much, or sometimes end up in situations where I'm not ultimately happy, because they're catering to the competent shadow side of me while not making allowance for my natural tendencies.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    abcd
    Posts
    258

    Default

    It's really difficult for me see in me any ESFP traits. Maybe they are unconscious...
    maybe only when I was a child I gave sometimes a performing stage only for my mom for joking.
    But I really believe no one can think I could be an ESFP in any situation.

  10. #10
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Under stress, I tend to become very rigid in-terms of planning things and making sure that things 'get done'. I also tend to keep to myself more, and become a bit more "feely" than normal.

    Overall though, I don't really change that much.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

Similar Threads

  1. 9 Q's of your opposite type!
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:02 AM
  2. What do you think of your own type?
    By Oaky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:37 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Are you different from the people of your same type?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
  4. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
  5. Do you revert to your opposite type under stress?
    By DaRick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO