• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you try to look like when you are obviously not?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) what type do you try to look like?
2) why do you try to look like this type?
3) what qualities of this type to you admire?
4) what qualities of your own personality do you wish were more like this type?

for me:
I try to look like an INFP 9w1. I would love to be more
- feminine
- innocent
- sensitive
- sweet
- docile
- delicate
- charming and suave
- beautiful

but alas, I am none of these things. I'm a a choleric, flamboyant, outspoken and spitfiery ENFP 8w9. this is becoming more and more apparent the older I get and sometimes I wish that I was a different. as a child, I always imagined my older self being more like a prince or a nobleman, but instead I'm turning into a more virile, firebrand, pushy entrepreneur type that most would consider extremely masculine and gritty.

This is rather ironic as a guy. I have a number of qualities that are widely admired and respected as ideal masculine qualities, but to me, the feminine, the artistic and the pure are so much more appealing. While I prize my confidence and inner strength, masculine qualities as a whole are so unsavory to me. feminine qualities are so much more pleasant and enjoyable. I've always envied those who were graceful and beautiful.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Here is the funny thing, Im a 9, that tries to seem more 8 when I am around people I am uncomfortable with/dont trust/dont feel safe around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I love THE IDEA of order and self-restraint but I'm none of that.

Instead I'm emotional, passionate, mouthy, and eccentric.

I can play different characters, pending on my environment. I think I can throw a convincing IxFJ shadow.

I can also seem like a very pushy ExTJ at other times.

It's not really, me, though. In my natural state, without regards to what other people might want, I'm actually pretty extremely NFP.

I think maybe it's possible that I'm a 6 who tries to act like a 3. Maybe that's what Petra is seeing...the opposite of what she assumes. :ninja:

This is kind of strange question.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the funny thing, Im a 9, that tries to seem more 8 when I am around people I am uncomfortable with/dont trust/dont feel safe around.

perhaps it's my protective instincts that make me feel this way. more vulnerable innocent people (such as 9s, 2s, 4s and IXFX types) have a special place in my heart and I feel the need to take care of them and preserve their purity. I've always seen myself as sort of a natural father figure/caring older brother type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I love THE IDEA of order and self-restraint but I'm none of that.

Instead I'm emotional, passionate, mouthy, and eccentric.

I can play different characters, pending on my environment. I think I can throw a convincing IxFJ shadow.

I can also seem like a very pushy ExTJ at other times.

It's not really, me, though. In my natural state, without regards to what other people might want, I'm actually pretty extremely NFP.

I think maybe it's possible that I'm a 6 who tries to act like a 3. Maybe that's what Petra is seeing...the opposite of what she assumes. :ninja:

This is kind of strange question.

personally I also see you as a 3w4 :laugh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll take all my NF-siblings depending on the situation.

I'll go for INFP for the same reason as you, INFJ to deal with big groups I feel uneasy in and need to navigate carefully, as well as people I don't trust and ENFJ for the sheer raw yet magnetic leadership qualities they have when I need to get something done with a group of people or leave an impact on a group. (though if I lose patience it often looks a lot more ExTJ :doh:, incidentily, I don't actually try to look like them, but I've been told that when I lose my patience and need to get things done *now*, I most definitely do..for a short time. It does help greatly with efficiency though, so it works, it just doesn't feel comfortable for my NF-soul :blush:)

Guava

Wow! An extrovert who wishes they were more introverted! Finally!

Sometimes I wish I was an INTJ, though other times I'm glad I'm INFJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow! An extrovert who wishes they were more introverted! Finally!

Sometimes I wish I was an INTJ, though other times I'm glad I'm INFJ.

many ENFPs and ENFJs greatly admire introverts and often wish they themselves were more introverted :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

INTJ 5w6.

Because I feel that Te is more accepted than Fe in many environments, and I don't want to be dismissed as irrational or sentimental by those around me.

- detachment
- effectiveness
- ability to organize
- pragmatism
- clarity in expression
- conciseness

All of the above. :frown:

I'm really not those things, but I can try to fake them. It feels so hollow, though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 5w6.

Because I feel that Te is more accepted than Fe in many environments, and I don't want to be dismissed as irrational or sentimental by those around me.

- detachment
- effectiveness
- ability to organize
- pragmatism
- clarity in expression
- conciseness

All of the above. :frown:

I'm really not those things, but I can try to fake them. It feels so hollow, though.

if it makes you feel better, FJs are much more accepted where I'm from, it's TJs that get a bad wrap. Even I'm shunned for being too much like an ENTJ

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
I purposely try and look like an ISTP plumber or sometimes the ISTP Paul Bunyun subtype. I make snarky one liners and I wear my pants really low so that people can see my buttcrack.

I'm the most like my type. More so than anyone else in the world or anyone who used to exist in this world. I have no evidence for this but... I'm just gonna say that anyways because I think it makes me cool. Joe Cool.

joe-cool.jpg

A

A window to the soul

INFP

I think I'm most attracted to the right-brain Fi inner flame that doesn't need logical rhyme or reason to have faith in something or someone. At it's best it's like brave emotions: it's sensitive, delicate and warm. At it's worst, Fi may be childish, irrationally sensitive, delicate, and cold. I find INFP's are generally easy to deal with (even at their worst) because they cool off fairly quickly when I go in their direction with a listening ear and a little light-hearted humor.

Unbending faith and compassion without requiring any further logical explanation. Sensitive, delicate and warm. Sensitive and delicate in the positive sense.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

for me:
- feminine
- innocent
- sensitive
- sweet
- docile
- delicate
- charming and suave
- beautiful

but alas, I am none of these things. I'm a a choleric, flamboyant, outspoken and spitfiery ENFP 8w9. this is becoming more and more apparent the older I get and sometimes I wish that I was a different. as a child, I always imagined my older self being more like a prince or a nobleman, but instead I'm turning into a more virile, firebrand, pushy entrepreneur type that most would consider extremely masculine and gritty.

This is rather ironic as a guy. I have a number of qualities that are widely admired and respected as ideal masculine qualities, but to me, the feminine, the artistic and the pure are so much more appealing. While I prize my confidence and inner strength, masculine qualities as a whole are so unsavory to me. feminine qualities are so much more pleasant and enjoyable. I've always envied those who were graceful and beautiful.

Why do all of your posts consist of nothing other than shameless self-glorification?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait. Did I accidentally click on the personal insults thread again?

You are just like Charlie Sheen.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do all of your posts consist of nothing other than shameless self-glorification?

I kinda like it. Something about him makes him funny and interesting which cancels out the shamelessness. Combined with the fact that he's so theatrical that he almost sounds like he's half joking.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

for me:
- feminine
- innocent
- sensitive
- sweet
- docile
- delicate
- charming and suave
- beautiful

Just for the record, Elfboy, you come off pure feminine to me, regardless of the traits.

what type do you try to look like?

I don't really try to look like anything that I'm clearly not. However, I do try to bolster up some traits that I have, but aren't totally native to me. Mostly Te traits. Living by schedules and routines. Organizing, being in charge at work. Etc, etc.
It is extremely useful in life to use these traits.
All of the above. Mostly being able to make the most out of time. (Which in my book, appears to be making the most out of life, though I don't know if most primary Te users are sitting back and enjoying their hyperefficient ride.
I have all of these qualities in mild quantities that mildly motivate me. Usually my laid back, laissez-faire, "whatever" attitude runs the show. It would be nice if all laid back and uptight qualities in me were more equal. But can't have everything I guess!

Atomic Fiend

No but your inane comment does.

And yet you graced it with a response. You do me a kindness.

Actually it's funny, he may shamelessly glorify himself outloud, but he does it in away that's remote from how he views others. I'd rather deal with that on regular basis then then one who believes themselves superior then others and uses it to berate others.