First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Bad memory and lack of reading comprehension skills eh? That must be rough buddy.
    Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Why do all of your posts consist of nothing other than shameless self-glorification?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Actually it's funny, he may shamelessly glorify himself outloud
    Who needs a memory when we've got records?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I just listed several points that I don't like about myself and several more that I wish I did have. stating the irony that other people I know desire some of my traits does not make it self glorifying. I can only account for the shameless part because I don't believe in shame or regret. if this is the extent of your abilities to read between the lines, I strongly suggest working on Intuition function.
    :rolli:
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

1) what type do you try to look like?
    I don't consciously try & come off like any type.... Unintentionally, I may seem INTP-ish IRL because I don't have a warm demeanor & have been called argumentative at times. I actually have a distaste for strong emotional displays - they can make me quite uncomfortable. I'm suspicious of emotional arguments - but value-based are fine.

Physically, I might seem ISFP-ish, just because people have weird ideas about Ns not being interested in fashion or having any sense of aesthetics because somehow being N means we're floating spirits with no eyes or ears or experience of the tangible, so we never notice nor care about aesthetics (uh huh)....or some buy into the "all artists must be SPs" bit. I'm sort of artsy fartsy & have a strong sense of color & proportion, if I do say so myself . I like to apply my creative sensibilities to my appearance, so it might seem more stereotypically SP; although I think there's an NF quirky, bohemian stereotype that I probably fit neatly into

2) why do you try to look like this type?
    Well, again, I don't try....but my reasons are: I'm shameless about being bookish & a bit of a know-it-all, but I'll make fun of myself for it too. I'm not the mushy gushy type, so I try and warn people that they can't expect overt expressiveness from me, but I do have passionate moments (which is really what "argumentative" is - something has excited me enough to assert an opinion).

I think I explained my interest in aesthetics above & how that might seem SP-ish...

3) what qualities of this type to you admire?
    I love that INTPs will talk about all the bookish stuff they like because I like it too & it's great when someone else is up for that conversation & doesn't find it dull.

I feel like ISFPs are more prolific than I am. I feel like they have more work to back up the image because they spend less time deliberating & refining concepts because they're not quite as idealistic (Ne eggs on Fi in the idealism factor....).

4) what qualities of your own personality do you wish were more like this type?

In some ways, I think it could be simpler to be a T because sometimes I feel I have little of the good qualities commonly associated with Feeling (personal warmth, good with people, visibly sympathetic, etc), but not the full strengths of a T type either when it comes to a certain level of detachment (for lack of a better word).

I wish I was more in-the-moment like an SP, and I know they don't know what that means, and that's because they're not an N.....I always feel stuck in the future fantasy or replay of the past, but the present eludes me. I think I'd be more productive if I was more focused on the tangible.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't consciously try & come off like any type.... Unintentionally, I may seem INTP-ish IRL because I don't have a warm demeanor & have been called argumentative at times. I actually have a distaste for strong emotional displays - they can make me quite uncomfortable. I'm suspicious of emotional arguments - but value-based are fine.

Physically, I might seem ISFP-ish, just because people have weird ideas about Ns not being interested in fashion or having any sense of aesthetics because somehow being N means we're floating spirits with no eyes or ears or experience of the tangible, so we never notice nor care about aesthetics (uh huh)....or some buy into the "all artists must be SPs" bit. I'm sort of artsy fartsy & have a strong sense of color & proportion, if I do say so myself . I like to apply my creative sensibilities to my appearance, so it might seem more stereotypically SP; although I think there's an NF quirky, bohemian stereotype that I probably fit neatly into

Well, again, I don't try....but my reasons are: I'm shameless about being bookish & a bit of a know-it-all, but I'll make fun of myself for it too. I'm not the mushy gushy type, so I try and warn people that they can't expect overt expressiveness from me, but I do have passionate moments (which is really what "argumentative" is - something has excited me enough to assert an opinion).

I think I explained my interest in aesthetics above & how that might seem SP-ish...

I love that INTPs will talk about all the bookish stuff they like because I like it too & it's great when someone else is up for that conversation & doesn't find it dull.

I feel like ISFPs are more prolific than I am. I feel like they have more work to back up the image because they spend less time deliberating & refining concepts because they're not quite as idealistic (Ne eggs on Fi in the idealism factor....).

In some ways, I think it could be simpler to be a T because sometimes I feel I have little of the good qualities commonly associated with Feeling (personal warmth, good with people, visibly sympathetic, etc), but not the full strengths of a T type either when it comes to a certain level of detachment (for lack of a better word).

I wish I was more in-the-moment like an SP, and I know they don't know what that means, and that's because they're not an N.....I always feel stuck in the future fantasy or replay of the past, but the present eludes me. I think I'd be more productive if I was more focused on the tangible.
    seriously. why do people think there is this choice between being a poorly dressed intellectual and a fashionble shallow person? actually, why do people think there are only 2choices to most things?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I often end up looking like a INTP or a ENFP.

I unintentionally end up behaving like one of them, when I'm in feeling self-conscious (which is often) and trying to cover it up. They're like my safe zones at the opposite ends of my personality range. And I guess both makes me feel more control of people's perception of me (leaving me feeling less vulnerable) than being my usual self.

When I go INTP (and I stress this is unhealthy INTP behaviour) I become very anti-social or very cool and detached when I do interact with others. I can also get arrogant and flippant. This is me being lazy and difficult.

When I go ENFP, I'm silly, fun, and wise-cracking in order to feign a more relatable, easy-going quality. This is me trying be fearlessly open and charming, in order to cover up my anxiousness and self-doubt.

ENFPs - like I said: relatable, fun and interesting but still have the quirkiness etc that I can identify with.

INTPs - they're strong-minded, true to themselves and don't try to please people. They're also smart, to the point and like to question the world around them.

See above
    Last edited by Southern Kross; 03-14-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

ISFP, so I can get all the hipster chicks.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't consciously try to look like another type, but I prefer expressing certain characteristics more than others. Recently, I have been acting more extroverted than I feel. I feel like I am extremely introverted, but people have been guessing that I am extroverted and I have been making a point to always express myself and put myself out there. I also act more rigid than I am. I am very laid-back but I always jump when certain principles are being discussed and get very rawr rawr. I am not docile or innocent. I keep my eyes wide open and I don't deliver mushy words or sentiments. I pay attention to what is happening around me. I am quick to anger and quick to speak up when I see injustice or see someone making a mistake. I am wary of people and a lot more calculating than I used to be. I am always aware of my Fi, but I express and execute in different ways.

I am not sure which type I am trying to convey. I do admire NTJs and ENFs a lot so perhaps it's a combination of their traits. I admire NTJs for getting shit done and I admire ENFs for their ability to charm the pants off of everyone. I am not so charming, I get to the point and sometimes, it's too blunt and unappealing.

I try to be like an ISTP, but i think i am an ISTP deep down, i just need to get my emotions in check.

I am an ISFP.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

I always try for ESTP. I love their confidence and the smooth way they talk

It's a reach, though.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    I always try for ESTP. I love their confidence and the smooth way they talk

It's a reach, though.
    ENFPs can be just as confident and smooth talking as ESTPs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ENFPs can be just as confident and smooth talking as ESTPs
    Maybe! I do think ENFP's are ingratiating, charming and witty, but not smooth. I, for one, always seem to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, have too many hands and feet (all of which are left feet) and am sometimes over-enthusiastic, bubbling over instead playing it cool.

ESTPs just have a certain swagger to them that I've always liked and can't seem to get by imitation. ISTPs too, come to think of it, though that swagger is more muted and mysterious. And I love how both types just don't seem to care. I feel like I am a career socializer, which means that I think of it almost as my job to constantly take the temperature of my social environment and adjust myself to heat it up or cool it down, taking active responsibility for the happiness and comfort of those around me. I read for other people's cues constantly and extrapolate all sorts of things that help me figure out how to navigate, and really I take it all just a bit too seriously. As I'm sure is the case for most ENFPs, these tendencies win me plenty of friends and boyfriends, but there's nothing effortless about it. XSTPs? They just do their thing and we all love them anyways. As for the confidence point, I tend read XSTPs' casual unconcern as confidence. In all actuality, they just probably have a different set of priorities.

Still, I just want to try it out, for ONE DAY!!