Thread: Twin Peaks cast

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'm kinda curious, though... are you basing your typings (boy, they seem crazily thorough... ) on interviews with the cast or on their performances?
    I'm basing them on everything available. Making one thread is way less of a headache, dig?

The point was that I don't think you can type the actors based on their character in the series. Otherwise, what's your point being a total bitch?
    Oh, you definitely can if you squint hard enough. Say what though?

thinking of you

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I'm basing them on everything available. Making one thread is way less of a headache, dig?
    You mean DVD extras, convention appearances, stuff like that? Looks like hard work. You're most certainly quite a trooper when it comes to typing!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

So all kidding aside, why is it such a widespread assumption that it's difficult to type actors when acting?

Also, how many of us truthfully click on these threads prepared to question, confirm, and/or remark without sounding overly hypocritical?

Conveniently serves as an emotional outlet?

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

So all kidding aside, why is it such a widespread assumption that it's difficult to type actors when acting?
    Because they're ACTING. They're not like that IRL-

Also, how many of us truthfully click on these threads prepared to question, confirm, and/or remark without sounding overly hypocritical?
    I actually do that. Not so easy though when you're bitching about my use of emoticons instead of sticking to the topic.

Conveniently serves as an emotional outlet?
    Speak for yourself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i just don't understand how you can get all that information from watching them play a character. i know socionics types based on looks (which i don't know a lot about, but don't really agree with either), but don't get how you can figure out all of their enneagram types and instinctual stackings too. especially with minor characters and no outside information.

anyway, maybe you could explain your process instead of getting sassy with everyone who questions it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i just don't understand how you can get all that information from watching them play a character. i know socionics types based on looks (which i don't know a lot about, but don't really agree with either), but don't get how you can figure out all of their enneagram types and instinctual stackings too. especially with minor characters and no outside information.

anyway, maybe you could explain your process instead of getting sassy with everyone who questions it.
    Each episode runs at about 45 minutes, so after a few dozen viewings that're generously populated with one-on-one scenes (some convincing; others not so much), one gets the gist, or close enough to jot down a list. MacLachlan's among the tougher to interpret, as his ability to freely engage is the most accentuated part of his character, joke about pie, etc., but only reveals his reliance on tertiary Si in an interview with Conan. Socionics IEI ethical subtype?

It's just... I'm waiting for someone to start picking away rather than shout that they're in the room.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I think the character Audrey is ENFJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You think Audrey is ENFJ? I think she's ENFP or ENTP. When she works at the department store she's incredibly rude to a customer for no apparent reason and doesn't blink an eyelash. I don't think she's an Fe dom. I think she's an Ne dom.

Does anyone have a strong opinion for Special Agent Dale Cooper being INFJ or INTJ? He's definitely one of the two. My first guess is INTJ, because of his rational emotional distance in his professional life, but he is awfully personable. INFJ might make more sense...he's definitely an Ni dom with his psychoanalytic and somewhat supernatural methods of approaching solving the case and all of his quirky spiritual insights that he just randomly ascribes to the events happening around him.

Maybe he is INFJ...the logical professionalism could be Ti, some INFJs can seem NT-like.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Thanks for ruining my internet thread with your off-topic posts.

Cooper, the debonair, relentlessly charming Cooper, with his simultaneously incisive capacity to perceive likely truths from apparent nothings, patiently slumped over and empty-handed in a deafening Northwestern thunderstorm, wondering when TypeC forum members will finally decide on his mbti type.

ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Blah, blah, blah, or sp/sx e21 enfj?

Audrey's basically you, Marm, pre-enneagram 6-era.

thinking of you

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think he's an INFJ, then, dammmit. ENFJ? He's a little too cautious and self-contained for ENFJ, methinks.

And what do you mean Audrey is me pre-enneagram 6? An ENFP 3w4 sx/sp?

And furthermore are you saying I'm not a 6?