• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Lost" characters

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anyone else want to join in on the character talk, go ahead.

ESTJ - Jack, Frank, Pickett - Jack's an emotional guy, but his primary is still Te. Logical and objective in his environment as a leader.

ESTP - Kate - I think ESTP females are often stereotyped as trashy, shallow kind of girls, but Kate is still an ESTP, just not a stereotypical one. Caring and values genuineness, but her hurtful acts towards others is her way of evading capture. She may be emotional, but she's still a logical and objective headstrong T, an ESTP promoter. She cries a lot because of her problems in life - which would hurt any T.
She may also like having a quiet life, but she is not an introvert, her energy is driven outwards, not forced inwards.

ESFJ - Sawyer, AnaLucia, Alex - Sawyer is unhealthy. He appears very T, but he's an unhealthy F, protecting himself with a "shell" so he doesn't emotionally attach to anyone, so he pushes them out by acting like a T, but he's very much an F - his feelings are what drives him to do what he does. "Me against the world."
Ana's feelings are also what drove her to all that aggravation and in-your-face attitude.

ESFP - Charlie, Hurley, Shannon, Nikki, Cassidy

INTP - Ben, Locke, Faraday - I really felt for Ben when he was beat up by Jack. I know what it's like to be an INxx type and physical ability is not one of our fortunes :frown:

INTJ - Rousseau, Patchy

INFP - Boone

INFJ - Desmond, Eko

ENFP - Claire, Juliet, Annie

ENTJ - Miles

ISTP - Sayid

ISFP - Sun, Libby?

ISTJ - Jin

ISFJ - Michael?

Naomi and Mr. Friendly - ExxP?

The rest of the characters aren't shown thorough enough so I can't type them. In the meantime, new characters are introduced almost regularly, so maybe this thread could keep going for awhile.

Last edited:

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm sure that Ben is INTJ. He is very goal oriented and does everything to get what he wants. Doesn't sound like INTP to me....

About the other characters, i don't care much. Ben is the one who fascinates me.

Martin

MBTI Type
iNFP
Mah attempts from similarminds.com board, I'm pretty sure about most of them, except for Sayid... also the P/J in Ben is kinda tricky

Jack - ESFJ (Obviously, wants to help people, interacts and jokes in a typical Fe way. Believes science much more than Locke's magic shit. I know, who wouldn't, but the evidence is too massive to be looked over and he doesn't even consider it.)

Sawyer - ISTP (Possibly E, but he's much more of a loner who thinks most of his cons and plans through, he doesn't really have that much of a need for company an ESTP would. The rest is pretty obvious.)

Hurley - ISFP (Now that I think about it, he's not that much of an open talker, doesn't like too much attention, he's kinda serious at times, strikes me much more as Fi than Se.)

Claire - ISFP (Most of the Fe i saw was actually motherhood, I can't really explain this one, I just don't see the Si and see too much of the Fi.)

Kate - ISFP (The way she constantly ignores what Jack tells her to do and does thing her own way, the way she takes the situation in her own hands makes me pretty sure she's I_SP, and I assume an ISTP wouldn't be so trusting and show her feelings so much... not that she does any of that, but we're talking ISTP vs. ISFP here. In short, she's way too emotional to be ISTP.)

Sayid - INTJ (Naturally a gentleman, but can get very cold if required... smart in a Te way, plus I'm pretty sure he's introverted, dunno about the Ni, I just don't see him as Si)

Ben - INTJ (J/P is always the easiest, but not this time... he's the ultimate bad guy version of an INTx, always having something up his sleeve, lying to masses, while his enemies can never be sure what he does next... I just can't decide whether it's Ni/Te or Ti/Ne, J/P themselves don't help either, he's got qualities of them both. I'm leaning towards J, and I can't explain why, I hope someone can type him better)

Locke - INTJ (He used to act so 9-ish, an all-kowing guru always looking down on the other survivors, who are yet to understand nothing really matters. Now he's much more realistic, not sharing his plans with anyone, even if it's just because he doesn't have any, that's very INTJ according to my experience. T, no question, Te is even better.)

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know, I was just going to start a thread for this, but it looks like someone already did :D Yay!

I agree that Ben is INTJ. Although, that is kind of scary to me because I have a friend IRL named Ben who is also INTJ, only he is nice and not evil like the Ben on Lost. Haha.

Now for the other characters, in my opinion at least:

Kate - IxFP. Dominant Fi is obvious, and she is a loner. S/N is somewhere in the middle from what I can see, as she seems more of an abstract thinker but is very good at physical things like climbing trees, etc.

Jack - ESxJ. He's "solid" in the SJ type of way, and he's too much of an alpha male to be an introvert. T/F is too hard to tell, as I can see him somewhat in the middle.

Claire - Insanely high F type. I don't see any T at all in her, haha. I'm not certain what I think her type is, but ISFP fits.

Sawyer - ENFP. He jokes with everyone, comes up with creative nicknames that an N type would think of.

Sayid - xNxJ. Ni with all his intuitions constantly being right. The rest I can't really tell because typing cross-culturally is tricky.

Hurley - ISFP. He's shy with women, and he's not N. He also has the laid-back quality typical of many FP types I know.

Locke - ISFP. He's impulsive, good with hands-on things in nature.

Alex - ENTJ perhaps? She seems very much an atypical female, in a good way. She's also very clever and spirited.

Desmond - INFx fits.

Ana Lucia - ESTJ. She's the tough girl, alpha female type.

Charlie - IxFP. Laid-back musician type, reminds me a bit of my INFP brother.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
"Lost" characters MB/Enneagram types list

Feel free to dispute any of these or add types of other characters.

Ben Linus: INTJ, 5/6w. A classic control freak/observer/sociopathic mastermind.

John Locke: INTJ, 5/6w. I

[Merged Threads]

Last edited by a moderator:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Ben. (and he is a pretty classic case.)

John, I don't. Definitely not an INTJ.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
It cut off most of my post. I had other character types and the explanatin of why I think Locke is an INTJ rather than an INTP. In short, his primary function seems to be IN (e.g., his desire to form a mystical union with the Island), not IT, which is about logic, analysis, etc. Plus there

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
i've watched most of the first season and locke seems a lot like an INFJ to me. anyone think that?

jack seems like an ESTJ (maybe I)

sawyer feels ENTJ to me, though i could see P. i think ENTJ makes a lot of sense cause he seems pretty Ni, but extraverted.

claire ISFJ maybe.

kate ENFJ?

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jack-ESFJ
Locke- INTP (he is never planned, he just follows his N and sees where it takes him)
Ben- INTJ
Sayid- ENTJ
Kate- ISFP
Sawyer- ENFP
Faraday- INTP
Miles- INTP
Widdmore- I/ENTJ
Hurley-ESFP (I don't see how he is an I, he's the most talkative on the island)

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Time to dig up Lost again, what do you say? This list was my first ill-fated attempt to post here, and most of it got clipped.

Jack ENTJ (ESFJ? No way, Jose)
Sayid ENTJ
Sawyer ENTP
Kate ISFP

Juliet INTP (Did I see her as INFJ someplace here? That’s way off; she’s definitely Ti dom, very cool and self-possessed under pressure; also has a condescending Ti-ish air at times)

Locke INTJ
Ben INTJ
Hurley ISFP
Michael ISFP
Walt INFJ
Vincent the dog ENFP
Charlie ISFP
Desmond INFP
Penny ENFJ
Boone INTP
Shannon ESFJ
Clare INFP
Alex ENFJ
French Chick INTJ
Ecko INFJ
Patcheye INTJ

Faraday INTP (love this guy; the creators of this incredible series have reached for the stars on so many levels, but it’s the characters more than anything that get them there).

Miles “the Ghostbuster” ENTP (knows how to bug the shit out of people)

Charlotte “CS Lewis” ENTJ

Martin Keamie ESTP (just the guy for those who don’t think Jack is “manly” enough, as I read someplace on another thread by some hairy sack here)

Charles Whidmore ENTJ
Smoke Monster ISTJ

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Lost, happens to be the next feature on my Personality Profile Blog... I am almost ready to post, but I need some help with these characters... I just dont have enough content on them...

Jin... IXTJ?
Sun... ISFP?
Juliet... ????
Desmond... ENFP???
Michael.... ESTP ???

Can you guys give me a little reasoning for your breakdowns....
(I haven't watched much of the new season... I have seen every episode prior too... so it will not include new characters yet....)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mystyping people in stress

It's really easy to get lost when typing people who are under stress since type is about normal differences among normal people. That last phrase doesn't describe anyone on the show! One has to come in through the back door of how each type behaves under stress, which reflects either their shadow (opposite) type or their Enneagram type. Frankly, Rose is perhaps the only character healthy enough psychologically to show true type preferences.

Take Jack for example. E and J are probably true, but what drives him is most likely being a 3 for Enneagram types, where the defense mechanism is perfectionism. Jack can't get to his true ways of gathering information and making decisions because he's so consumed by following through on his promise of saving everyone and being the perfect doctor/leader/friend. It blocks him from frequently paying attention to reality (S) or his hunches (N), and certainly keeps him from using either T or F as the rational decision-making processes they are in healthy people!

There's a great book called "Three Keys to Self Understanding" (Wyman) that helps people recognize when they're relying on their Enneagram defenses so they can consciously turn around and use their healthy type preferences.

Edcoaching (INFJ, E7)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
john: istj
jack: estj
kate: enfp
sawyer: isfp
ben: entj
sayid: entj
hurley: isfp
claire: isfp
richard: intj
daniel: intp
juliet: infp
sun: esfj
jin: istj
desmond: infj
christian: intj
miles: intp
michael: isfj
walt: infp
charley: esfj
penny: intj
bernard: isfj
rose: isfp
charlotte: estj
eko: istj
boone: isfp
libby: infp
shannon: esfp
rousseau: intj
captain: istp
ana lucia: estj

jack obviously Te dom and Fi inf, very very Si not Ni. ben and sayid dom Te as well hence the clashing and logical manipulations by these three characters, i see them both as entjs.

john locke is istj, Si dom those terror-filled eyes of Si dom. tertiary Fi, when his Te knows what to do and he has a purpose he has his faith. kate as enfp, dom Ne, lots and lots of Fi, some Te scheming too. when she's off she's scary. juliet as infp or maybe enfp. sawyer seems isfp to me, Fi dom, kinda surface value, Se responsive/impulsiveness, inf Te (his god-awful plans "let's go to the beach!"), etc. growing up those three years and gettin some Ni with his le fleur gig. not sure about desmond, feels infj to me, penny seems very similar but with Te rationality, stability, sanity to counteract his whimsies and needs.

the ps vs the js is a big deal in this show.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
john: istj

sawyer: isfp
. sawyer seems isfp to me, Fi dom, kinda surface value, Se responsive/impulsiveness, inf Te (his god-awful plans "let's go to the beach!"), etc. growing up those three years and gettin some Ni with his le fleur gig. not sure about desmond, feels infj to me, penny seems very similar but with Te rationality, stability, sanity to counteract his whimsies and needs.

the ps vs the js is a big deal in this show.

I think you should reconsider about Sawyer being S.

[YOUTUBE="<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6b8p51c2RE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6b8p51c2RE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>"] S vs N(kind of biased lol)[/YOUTUBE]

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think you should reconsider about Sawyer being S.

[YOUTUBE="<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6b8p51c2RE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6b8p51c2RE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>"] S vs N(kind of biased lol)[/YOUTUBE]

WHY DOES THAT KEEP HAPPENING? :steam:

Its the second time Ive tried to embed a video, its showed up in the preview post, and then its just code in the post. WHY?

YouTube - LOST - 5x09 "Namaste" - Jack/Sawyer Scene (what I was trying to embed)

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
desmond is totally infp, i can sense it whenever i watch the show, idk about boone though