• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Lost" characters

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Locke's definitely my favorite character. Like me, he loves strategy boardgames and the outdoors. Destined for leadership, Locke's a pretty friendly guy-- as long as you don't tell him what he can't do.

:D

Ben is a dry INTJ, like House. Sawyer is an ESFJ -- he even nicknames everyone, like GW Bush, another ESFJ. I'm not sure if we'd take Jack aboard Team ENTJ, mainly because he's rarely level-headed.

Widmore is probably an ENTJ, though I'd like to see more of him. Totally calm in confrontational situations-- knows exactly what he's bringing to the table.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Jack is an ESFJ. I don't understand why everyone thinks he is a T. Also, I always thought Sawyer was an ISTP. He's a little more talkative than most, but he's very reclusive and doesn't have any role or interest in the islands society. All he does is hoard all of the treasures/weapons he finds so that he can take advantage of people.

I can see this too. He seems... different from what I would typically think of as an ESFJ (but I guess it's the circumstances in which they're dealing?). He seems more melancholy/serious in general (2w1?). I can also see ESTJ. He seems more internally motivated to help others, more Fe. "You always need something to fix" to quote his ex.

Speaking of his ex, Sarah seems... INxP? Maybe an INTP?

Sawyer seems very ISTP to me.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I can see this too. He seems... different from what I would typically think of as an ESFJ (but I guess it's the circumstances in which they're dealing?). He seems more melancholy/serious in general (2w1?). I can also see ESTJ. He seems more internally motivated to help others, more Fe. "You always need something to fix" to quote his ex.

I've never really doubted that Jack is ESFJ. Remember, the entire bottom row of the type table is known for visible leadership skills. ESFJ/ENFJ would rather be in charge of people-oriented endeavors than businesses, but helping people survive on a crazy island would count that way. He's very concerned about how others view him...especially his father of course.

And never forget that they're pretty much all operating out of their inferior function, NONE of the main characters are particularly mature, nor did they have happy childhoods that would lead to sound type development...you can have a preference without knowing how to use it. Um, that would be Kate...

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I've never really doubted that Jack is ESFJ. Remember, the entire bottom row of the type table is known for visible leadership skills. ESFJ/ENFJ would rather be in charge of people-oriented endeavors than businesses, but helping people survive on a crazy island would count that way. He's very concerned about how others view him...especially his father of course.

And never forget that they're pretty much all operating out of their inferior function, NONE of the main characters are particularly mature, nor did they have happy childhoods that would lead to sound type development...you can have a preference without knowing how to use it. Um, that would be Kate...

Thanks for the reply. Your post helped reassure me. What do you think about Kate and Claire's preferences?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thanks for the reply. :) Your post helped reassure me. What do you think is Kate's preference?

I see Kate as ESFP. So much like Princess Diana. But her type development is very stunted, kinda like Harry Potter's from living under the stairs all those years...

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sorry, I edited my reply a bajillion times. What do you think of Claire? She always confuses me as well.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sorry, I edited my reply a bajillion times. What do you think of Claire? She always confuses me as well.

I have to beg off on Claire. I can't hear/see Claire without confusing her with my favorite Aussie buddy who prefers ESFJ. I can't separate the two!!

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I have to beg off on Claire. I can't hear/see Claire without confusing her with my favorite Aussie buddy who prefers ESFJ. I can't separate the two!!

That's fine. :yes: I guess it doesn't help that she doesn't get as much screen time either? Thanks for your help.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What do you think of Claire?
My boiby! My boiby!

Almost as annoying as WAAALLLLLTTTTTT! And Kate "cock-tease" Austen, who can never make up her mind because of her stupid bunny teeth. Get that woman a carrot! Ok, ok, it is fun to hate...

I see Kate as more of an ESTP character, into sporty, earthy things, competitive streak, takes advantage of suckers, etc. ISTP would be my second guess for Kate. Michael Dawson totally was the ESFP-- being liked was way more important to him.

Claire might be an ENFP, though I don't feel assured about this, given the writers don't give us much to work with. We know that Claire trusts psychics, is impulsive, is a bad judge of character (e.g. the baby-daddy)-- hopefully season 6 gives us more details to fill in the blanks.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Claire might be an ENFP, though I don't feel assured about this, given the writers don't give us much to work with. We know that Claire trusts psychics, is impulsive, is a bad judge of character (e.g. the baby-daddy)-- hopefully season 6 gives us more details to fill in the blanks.

Yeah, but now Claire is "infected' which I hardly think will give us a glimpse of use of the functions in non-stressful situations :devil:

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
And as far as Kate? Just because someone likes outdoor activities does not make them T. ESFPs are dominant Se and as likely as ESTPs to enjoy physical pursuits...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sawyer=ISTP and nobody can argue against that.

Amagi

MBTI Type
INFJ
As a huge LOST fan I wanted to voice my appreciation for this thread. Also, I must throw in my two cents of agreement with most people on Desmond being an INFJ.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
As a huge LOST fan I wanted to voice my appreciation for this thread. Also, I must throw in my two cents of agreement with most people on Desmond being an INFJ.

Or perhaps Desmond is an ISFP? I find it hard to imagine an INFJ sailing around the world without working on something else at the same time. Then again, Desmond hasn't been in the show this season, so I haven't seen him in action for a while!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My brother and I have watched all 6 seasons over the last 2 months, so I’ll take a stab at it:

Sayid – INTJ
Sawyer – ENTP
Locke – ISFP (started as an INTJ and shifted into ISFP as show progressed)
Kate – ESTP (The actress’s INFJ carries over in her performance)
Jack – ESFJ (Started EnTJ in season 1)
Hurley – ESFP
Sun – ISFJ (she may shift toward INFJ as the show goes on…)
Jin – ISTJ

Ben – amazing ENTJ
Juliet – INFJ
Richard – INTJ (or maybe P)
Alex – EN-J
Rousseau – INTJ

Widdmore - ENTJ
Desmond - INFP
Penny – ENFJ

Faraday – INtP
Charlotte – ENTJ
Miles – INTP
Frank – ESTP (or maybe J)
Old Eloise – Seems IStJ

Charlie – ISFP
Claire – ISFP
Shannon – ISFP
Boone – ENFP
Michael – horrible ISFJ
Rose – ISTP
Bernard – ISFJ
Ana Lucia – ESTJ
Libby – ENFP
Eko – INFJ

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
New and improved LOST characters!

Jacob- INFP
The Man in Black - INTJ
Locke - INTJ in the beginning. ISFP towards the "end."
Jack - ESFJ
Ben - INTJ
Sawyer - ISTP (A part of me wants to say INTP)
Kate - ISFP
Hurley - ISFP
Sayid - ENFJ seasons 1 through 5. INFJ post-resurrection.
Sun- ISFJ
Jin - ESFJ
Miles - INTP
Ilana - ENTJ
Claire - ISFP
Frank Lapidus - ESTP
Juliet - INFJ
Richard- INTJ in the beginning but then switched to more ESTP. In his character episode he seemed very INFJ.
Charles Whidmore - ENTJ and a badass.
Penny - INFJ
Desmond - ISFP
Faraday - INFP
Christian - INTJ
Michael - ESFJ
Walt - ISTJ
Charlie - ESFP
Bernard - ISTJ
Rose - ENFJ
Pierre Chang - INTJ
Horace - INFP
Kelvin - ESTP
Stuart Radzinsky - ENTJ
Charlotte - ENTJ
Eko - ISFP
Boone - ENTP
Shannon - ESFP
Rousseau - ISTJ
Ana Lucia - ESTJ

Sunny Ghost

I've FINALLY been watching the last season of Lost this week.

Locke -I actually lean towards INFP with him... he's always searching for signs and meanings and trying to make connections. And he's very Fi lead, as well.

Jack - ESTJ, in my opinion.

Ben - INTJ.

Sawyer - ISTP. He can be outspoken... but it seems as though he's more of a loner. But I can see the arguments for being a feeler versus a thinker. However, he doesn't strike me as an ISFP... or even an ESFP...

Kate - ISFP, for sure. She's incredibly Fi-dominant.

Hurley - I'd go with ESFP.

Sayid - INTJ.

Sun- ISFJ...

Jin - ISTJ, maybe? I really don't know...

Claire - xSFP

Juliet - INFJ.

Charles Whitmore - ENTJ.

Desmond - INFP... ISFP... INFJ... ??

Michael - ESFJ.

Charlie - ENFP...

Bernard - xxxx.

Rose - ENFJ.

Charlotte - ESTJ.

Rousseau - ISTJ.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sure a lot of the types change as the show progresses.

Jack - ESTJ

Kate - ESFP

Sawyer - ENTJ

Locke - INTP

Sayid - ISTJ

Hurley - ESFP

Ben - INTJ (I still think he is T over F, but it's a close one)

Charlie - INFP

Claire - ISFP

Desmond - INTP

Rousseau - INTP

Faraday - INTP

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Jack: ESTJ, yes
Ben Linus: INTJ, obviusly