Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchard View Post
    Jack: ESTJ, yes
    Ben Linus: INTJ, obviusly
    Kate: Am I the only person that think she is introverted? ISFP
    Yeah, that's my best guess for Kate. He's a little enigmatic, because she plays the "Runner" archetype in the story structure whereas most ISFPs are typically more phlegmatic and wander, but ISFP is probably the best fit.

Sawyer: ENTJ
    SP, not ENTJ. To me, that one was as obvious as Ben.

Locke: INFJ
    I just responded to a PersCafe comment that said the same thing, and I'm bewildered. Locke's a quintessential INFP, one of the most clearly defined characters on the show; Juliette in comparison is a pretty standard INFJ in her self-expression. The two look very different. I'm not sure why people confuse them. The doubt factor alone (John wanders all over the map and agonizes about every little interpretation and every little detail of life in his quest for meaning; Juliette puts out confidence and runs on internalized will, with a very socially appropriate exterior) would clinch the read, but they seem to be pretty textbook type reads. Sun is another INFJ, but you can see variation in type there. I think you're getting confused on Juliette because her Ti is fairly decent (mostly a control issue, her detachment protects her internal world and she feels security in her science career), whereas Sun expresses her F-ness in her day to day more rather than veering into a more technical pursuit like Juliette did.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I just responded to a PersCafe comment that said the same thing, and I'm bewildered. Locke's a quintessential INFP, one of the most clearly defined characters on the show; Juliette in comparison is a pretty standard INFJ in her self-expression. The two look very different. I'm not sure why people confuse them. The doubt factor alone (John wanders all over the map and agonizes about every little interpretation and every little detail of life in his quest for meaning; Juliette puts out confidence and runs on internalized will, with a very socially appropriate exterior) would clinch the read, but they seem to be pretty textbook type reads. Sun is another INFJ, but you can see variation in type there. I think you're getting confused on Juliette because her Ti is fairly decent (mostly a control issue, her detachment protects her internal world and she feels security in her science career), whereas Sun expresses her F-ness in her day to day more rather than veering into a more technical pursuit like Juliette did.
    Locke reads more like Ni than Fi. There's a level of confidence in his perceptions that suggests that he depends less on the objective than the subjective. His "feelings" are more like visions, predictions, insights, and and rough indicators than value based standards for decision making. He also seems pretty structured; I see a chart the course style more than a "behind the scenes" style. Furthermore, he seems to place a higher priority on his personal vision than the individuals he deals with (
    ) Granted, he does fit several MBTI profiles of INFP more than he does for INFJ.

Hell, I guess INFP would be my second guess. I don't think he's an ISFP because he repeatedly and shamelessly places a higher priority on abstract explanations than Science Man Jack does.

Hmm... Kate kinda reminds me of Olivia Dunham from Fringe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't read locke as confident. He's constantly agonizing over his beliefs. He even dies in agonizing doubt. This is JiNe at work. Externalize possibilities/events confuse his faith.

If you want Ni style confidence, look at Ben or Juliette.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

I don't read locke as confident. He's constantly agonizing over his beliefs. He even dies in agonizing doubt. This is JiNe at work. Externalize possibilities/events confuse his faith.

If you want Ni style confidence, look at Ben or Juliette.
    I've only watched the first season; he seems to have only struggled that way a couple of times. Hooray Netflix! /continues watching

How can Locke be an INTJ, or INTP for that matter? T types don't believe in magic nonsense... Do they? And the "don't tell me what not to do," that's P. Also he's good with physical things, he gets picked on at his work, etc.. I'd say ISFP.

MBTI
    INTP

My take on it, after seeing the whole series(about 2 years ago) and now seeing it all over again. Just to let you know, i'm putting a lot of thought into typing each character. I'm basing that on overall observation of each character rather than on recent events. Large letters = more extreme, Capital letters = more borderline.
    Red color = extreme.

This is up untill seasons 3-4:

Jack: ESfJ - a leader, likes to give orders, impulsive, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, organized, systematic...

Kate: iSfp - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Sawyer: IstP - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on logic, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Locke: INtP - doesn't like too much attention, a loner, "head in the clouds", follows patterns, mostly makes decisions based on logic, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Sayid: iSTJ - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on logic, planned, organized, systematic...

Hurley: EsFP - social, a people-person, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Charlie: esFP - social, a people-person, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Claire: isFp - doesn't like too much attention, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Sun: isFj - doesn't like too much attention, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, planned, organized...

Jin: IStj - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on logic, organized, planned...

Mr.Eko: INfp - doesn't like too much attention, a loner, "head in the clouds", follows patterns, mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

Benjamin: iNTJ - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, a strategist, follows patterns, mostly makes decisions based on logic, planned, organized, systematic...

Juliet: inFp - doesn't like too much attention, a bit of a loner, an idealist, mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, unplanned, goes with the flow...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SunRider View Post
    Jack: ESfJ - a leader, likes to give orders, impulsive, "feet on the ground", mostly makes decisions based on emotions/people, organized, systematic...
    So you think Jack's primary function is Fe, vs Te? That he is people-oriented, not task-oriented?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I have commented in another thread like this one before, which I will post below:

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    ben - intj
    jack - estj
    kate - estp
    sawyer - istp
    sayid - istp
    locke - intj
    hurley - esfp
    daniel - intp
    man in black - intj
    jacob - infj
    miles - entp
    witmore - entj
    rose - isfj
    juliet - enfj
    clair - esfj
    charlie - enfp
    desmond - infp
    jin - istj
    sun - isfp

I probably mistyped at least half the list and also forgot at least half the characters but whatever!
    The only change I would make now is Ben seems more like ENTJ since he is so good at domination strategies.
    Likes ligia liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

So you think Jack's primary function is Fe, vs Te? That he is people-oriented, not task-oriented?
    Of course Jack is people-oriented. Almost everything he has done in the series, is supporting people and putting his own needs aside just to help and protect others.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SunRider View Post
    Of course Jack is people-oriented. Almost everything he has done in the series, is supporting people and putting his own needs aside just to help and protect others.
    I think you need to rethink how Jack does that, in comparison to F's like Hurley and Kate.

I wouldn't call Benjamin Linus an F, but everything he does is to "help others" in his own words. And John Locke has far more F traits than Jack Shepherd, yet you've got the former as a T and the latter as an F. You are also failing to answer my question of whether Jack is primarily Te directed or Fe directed.

T's are certainly allowed to consider people in the course of making their decisions. Doctors do it every day. All doctors. yet there are many MANY T doctors in the world.