User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Look at his primary motivations and behavior(s).

He is not detached as a typical INTP would be.
    His goal is not understand the situation for its own sake.
    His goal is to control the situation (and one way he does this is by understanding it, but he wants to manage it and bring it to closure in the way he desires.)

Compare to Locke who is probably INFP. Locke is an explorer of concepts (INP), he wants to understand the situation and he veers away from interfering in the workings of things if possible... it takes him a long to make decisions, and when he does, those decisions are dictated to him by the workings of the situation, he is merely playing a part in what already is unfolding, to create the outcome that the situation dictates. Ben (INJ) imposes his order over reality.

I'm working on a blog post about typing the Lost characters, and I totally agree with your assessment!

Ben INTJ - incisive, overconfident, always has a plan, a system builder, and personal relationships are not his forté (even though he cares deeply about a select few)
    Locke INFP - has a sense of wonder about the world, especially the Island. Constantly struggles with concepts of self-identity and purpose. Has strong awareness of others. Takes his time making decisions, and always has a lofty ideal in mind when doing so. He balances Jack in almost every way.
    Jack ESTJ - he's a classic ESTJ as far as I can see, makes decisions quickly, stubbornly sticks to his convictions (even when evidence to the contrary is staring him in the face), has disturbing outbursts of emotion
    Kate ISFP - She's impulsive, definitely a feeler but often keeps things to herself, until they burst out of her (kissing Jack, then running away). She is an idealist but is also a doer (like killing her dad to protect her mom) and she's also very physically inclined (tracking, hiking, climbing.)
    Sawyer ENTP - at first I thought for sure he was an ESTP because of the conman angle, but now I'm not sure he was in it for the thrills - I think maybe that was just his mode of survival. I can see a lot of NT in his thought processes. Definitely a P, and definitely an E.
    Rose ESFJ - Caretaker of everyone, outspoken, firm in her beliefs. Classic ESFJ.
    Daniel INTP - he's a very typical INTP.
    Miles ENTP - like an INTP, but the dude won't shut up
    Jin ISTJ - so motivated by duty it's almost comical
    Sun ISFJ - a nurturer, definitely an introvert, takes care of Jin even when she's planning to leave him.
    Ana Lucia ESTJ - she's pretty much a female Jack, but way more annoying
    Desmond INFP - dreamer, idealist, always searching for meaning and purpose but not always finishing what he sets out to do
    Claire INFJ - Claire has turned fairly one-dimensional (mommy all the time!) which makes her difficult to type, but this is my inclination

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by afarsea View Post
    I'm working on a blog post about typing the Lost characters, and I totally agree with your assessment!

Ben INTJ - incisive, overconfident, always has a plan, a system builder, and personal relationships are not his forté (even though he cares deeply about a select few)
    Locke INFP - has a sense of wonder about the world, especially the Island. Constantly struggles with concepts of self-identity and purpose. Has strong awareness of others. Takes his time making decisions, and always has a lofty ideal in mind when doing so. He balances Jack in almost every way.
    Jack ESTJ - he's a classic ESTJ as far as I can see, makes decisions quickly, stubbornly sticks to his convictions (even when evidence to the contrary is staring him in the face), has disturbing outbursts of emotion
    Kate ISFP - She's impulsive, definitely a feeler but often keeps things to herself, until they burst out of her (kissing Jack, then running away). She is an idealist but is also a doer (like killing her dad to protect her mom) and she's also very physically inclined (tracking, hiking, climbing.)
    Sawyer ENTP - at first I thought for sure he was an ESTP because of the conman angle, but now I'm not sure he was in it for the thrills - I think maybe that was just his mode of survival. I can see a lot of NT in his thought processes. Definitely a P, and definitely an E.
    Rose ESFJ - Caretaker of everyone, outspoken, firm in her beliefs. Classic ESFJ.
    Daniel INTP - he's a very typical INTP.
    Miles ENTP - like an INTP, but the dude won't shut up
    Jin ISTJ - so motivated by duty it's almost comical
    Sun ISFJ - a nurturer, definitely an introvert, takes care of Jin even when she's planning to leave him.
    Ana Lucia ESTJ - she's pretty much a female Jack, but way more annoying
    Desmond INFP - dreamer, idealist, always searching for meaning and purpose but not always finishing what he sets out to do
    Claire INFJ - Claire has turned fairly one-dimensional (mommy all the time!) which makes her difficult to type, but this is my inclination
    Miles seems like an introvert to me, Id guess INTP. Most of his "not shutting up" isnt really socializing but bitterly pointing out the flaws of everyone elses actions.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    TOTO

The only ones I am sure about are these two:
    Infj= Locke
    Intj= Ben

It's really quite obvious when you look at the Ben/Locke relationship; even if they are not infj/intj, they are very similar in type with one or two letters being the only difference between them. They were both at polar opposites of the spectrum and Ben has convinced Locke to believe things, several times, it's clear that Ben doesn't believe those things himself. Locke is much more of a feeler who believes in fate and mysticism, who has feelings about things and acts on them. Ben plans things out, and strategically, not only gets people do what he wants, but can even convince others to do his bidding.
    Likes ligia liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

Jack - ESTJ
    Locke - INFJ
    Ben - INTJ
    Kate - ENFP
    Sawyer - ESTP
    Sayid - ENFJ
    Charles Whidmore - ENTJ
    Penny - INFJ
    Desmond - INFJ
    Juliet - INFP
    Hurley - ISFP
    Claire - ISFP
    Richard - INTJ
    Faraday - INTP
    Sun- ESFJ
    Jin - ISTJ
    Christian - INTJ
    Miles - INTP
    Michael - ISFJ
    Walt - INFP
    Charlie - ISFP
    Bernard - ISFJ
    Rose - ENFJ
    Charlotte - ESTJ
    Eko - ISTJ
    Boone - ISFP
    Shannon - ESFP
    Rousseau - INTJ
    Ana Lucia - ESTJ

I think that's everyone...
    The only thing that could make this show perfect is to add the only thing missing, a quintessential ENTP character.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    the island - ENTP

likes to fuck with you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    Juliet INTP (Did I see her as INFJ someplace here? That’s way off; she’s definitely Ti dom, very cool and self-possessed under pressure; also has a condescending Ti-ish air at times)
    Juliet cries all the time.

Ben: INTJ
    Locke: INFx
    Jack: ESTJ
    Hurley/Claire/Kate/Charlie: ISFP
    Eko/Desmond: INFJ
    Jin: ISTJ
    Sun/Juliet/Bernard: ISFJ
    Sayid: ISTP
    Sawyer: ExxP

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think Sawyer is ENTP. What about Richard? Jacob?
    Im thinking...
    Richard- ESTP
    Jacob- INFP

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Jack ENTJ
    Locke INTP
    Sawyer ENTP
    Kate ISFP
    Desmond INFP
    Juliet INFJ
    Adult Ben INTJ
    Child Ben INFJ
    Faraday INFP
    Miles ENTP
    Eloise INTJ
    Whidmore ENTJ
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ENTP

I just need to say that Daniel Faraday is most absolutely an INFP.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Jack is an ESFJ. I don't understand why everyone thinks he is a T. Also, I always thought Sawyer was an ISTP. He's a little more talkative than most, but he's very reclusive and doesn't have any role or interest in the islands society. All he does is hoard all of the treasures/weapons he finds so that he can take advantage of people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Bah, you fools are all wrong.

Ben ESTJ
    Locke ENTJ
    Jack ENTJ (notice the ongoing tension with Locke)
    Kate ISTP
    Hurley ISFP
    Sayid ISTP
    Sawyer ESTP
    Claire ISFP
    Charlie ESFP
    Juliette ENFJ
    Sun INFJ (though she was ISFJ in the earlier episodes)
    Jin ISTJ
    Faraday INTP
    Miles ENTP
    Desmond INFJ
    Whidmore ENTJ
    Penny INFP
    Richard INFJ
    Charlotte INTJ
    Rose ESFJ

I don't actually know who writes this show, but judging by the storylines and plot devices, I'd say some INTJ, ENTP, and ESTP are collaborating.