User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Dudes!!! Ben Linus has got to be an ENFJ gone very very wrong.

He's the classic manipulator who stores tons of information about each individual and how they connect with each other, and uses that info to orchestrate everything without seeming like the traditional idea of a leader (ie Jack).

ENFJs desire harmony. In the scenario on Lost, harmony is why he's so hellbent on "protecting" the island. He has no qualms about using his powers for what he thinks is the greater good.

Allow me to quote from the ENFJs: Not Manipulative thread:

"ENFJs' skills lie with people and feelings, and they know how to manipulate either or both, to their own aims. They know how to gloss over the truth and present it in an altered form that appears to be correct to those who are not keen enough to pick up on it. They are naturally dramatic and speak with conviction; they'll get under your skin to provoke an emotional reaction. People buy what they sell -- hook, line, and sinker. Those that suspect something is going on can't point it out logically so their claims look to have little veracity. All the facts and logical explanations in the world won't matter. Even the "enemy" may begin to believe them." -- Lauren Ashley

Yup. Totally Ben Linus.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Te dom. he provides people with information and then pushes them in a direction. he is all about logical categories, forcing people into making the "logical" choice as he sets it up. entj all the way. least in touch with his inferior Fi function.

MBTI
    ENFP

He presents the information in such a way that personally appeals to his victims and pushes their buttons though.

He's emotionally manipulative. Remember the first episode of season 2, when he had Kate put on a dress and join him for breakfast on the beach? I'm not sure a Te dom would bother with such displays. And the way he dealt with Juliet and her lover, leading her to his body and then shouting at her "You're mine!" Whoa, creeeeeeepy.

Maybe he's an ENFJ with particularly good access to T. Remember, ENFJs are also not in touch with Fi. They work on Fe.

MBTI
    abcd

I thought Ben Linus was a T, but now I could reconsider my guess.
    First, in flashback when he is a child it's pretty clear he is an F.
    Second, I don't want spoiler, but I think all of you watched the last episode of season 5: his monologue to Jacob is absolutely F goes out mad.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'm actually going with Deep Rain on most of the characters, although I'm starting to rethink Ben as possibly being a terribly warped ENFJ. It's weird though, I somehow always saw Jack as an unhealthy INFJ because of his sort of "crusader" thing (he doesn't seem to be a natural or detached leader), but I could also see ESXJ as the logical choice. And hurray for random scattered background INTJs like Patchy and Rousseau.

Riva

the island - ENTP

likes to fuck with you a lot.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    Miles “the Ghostbuster” ENTP (knows how to bug the shit out of people)
    i didnt watch the last season.
    but i watched the one before that when Miles was first introduced.
    but in that he seems a bit INTPish.
    more introverted and analytical than opportunistic and enthusiastic.

INTPs like to bug the shit out of people too.
    the difference is when an INTP bugs you, YOU end up not liking him.
    but when an ENTP bugs you, YOU feel bugged and annoyed but you end up laughing in the end.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    It's weird though, I somehow always saw Jack as an unhealthy INFJ because of his sort of "crusader" thing (he doesn't seem to be a natural or detached leader), but I could also see ESXJ as the logical choice.
    There have been times where I also thought Jack was more introvert than extravert.

1. He didn't realize how deeply unhappy his wife was until she outright said that she found someone else. Not sure if an extravert (unless it's ESTJ?) would be so blind to the warning signs.

2. He's prone to drink himself into a stupor ALONE when he's upset. Again, seems more introvert than extravert.

He's definitely a J tho, and Kate's definitely a P. And yeah, the crusader thing definitely holds. His character, from childhood on, was always painted as someone who couldn't stand seeing other people suffer. He always has to save them. Definitely an INFJ "The Protector" thing.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with Ben. (and he is a pretty classic case.
    Ben Linus seems to have all the qualities that an INTJ has. The confidence, the planning, plan A, Plan B.... etc.
    But he also seems to have Fe in him. Which the INTJs don't have (that much).

So i though he is an INTP. He seems to have Ne too. So it fits right?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Ben Linus seems to have all the qualities that an INTJ has. The confidence, the planning, plan A, Plan B.... etc.
    But he also seems to have Fe in him. Which the INTJs don't have (that much).

So i though he is an INTP. He seems to have Ne too. So it fits right?
    Look at his primary motivations and behavior(s).

He is not detached as a typical INTP would be.
    His goal is not understand the situation for its own sake.
    His goal is to control the situation (and one way he does this is by understanding it, but he wants to manage it and bring it to closure in the way he desires.)

Compare to Locke who is probably INFP. Locke is an explorer of concepts (INP), he wants to understand the situation and he veers away from interfering in the workings of things if possible... it takes him a long to make decisions, and when he does, those decisions are dictated to him by the workings of the situation, he is merely playing a part in what already is unfolding, to create the outcome that the situation dictates. Ben (INJ) imposes his order over reality.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft