User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Default Sex & the City characters

I've been watching a lot of Sex & the City. I used to be a total hater about TV. Oh, how the righteous fall.

Anyway.

Carrie - I'm pretty sure that she's an introvert, just a pretty social one. Pretty positive that she's NF. INFJ. Sometimes she seems kind of ENFP... but never INFP and probably not ENFJ.

Miranda - INTJ, all day every day.

Charlotte - ESFJ, maybe ISFJ. Probably ESFJ.

Samantha - ESTP

Mr. Big - ISTP or INTJ. ENTJ?

Aiden - INFP

Harry Goldenblatt - ENFP?

Trey McDougall - ISTJ?

Smith Jarrod - INFJ?

Stanford - INTP

Steve - ESFP
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Carrie: Whichever type corresponds best to an Fe, Fi, Se, ... function order. (The character seems to have trouble using past experiences, logic, common sense, etc. in making personal decisions).

In actuality, I'd go with ENFJ as sticking out most likely, but any FJ seems like it could work.

Charlotte: The stereotypical SFJ, I pretty much agree with Eileen on this one (ESFJ, possibly ISFJ).

Miranda: I could see ISTJ as well for the character, since there aren't really a lot of situations to say N vs. S, though maybe someone else has a better way to tell.

Samantha: I'd go with ISTP over ESTP, just because the character seems a lot more focused and controlled in interactions with people, and seems to work from the background more often than up front, though otherwise is obviously an STP of some sort.

Smith Jerrod: He seems to be a stereotypical ISFP "arty" type of character, though there is some wiggle room on this one.

Big: Obviously some sort of T, but beyond that it gets difficult. I'll just go with the Eileen guesses if pressed, they do seem slightly more likely then other possibilities.

I have seem maybe half the total episodes of the show, so may be missing a lot of information that helps people make the decisions. I also have a lot of views on how the characters might have ended up the way they did (In terms of writing and producing the show, not in terms of back stories for the characters.)

Most of the other people on the list (McDougal, Goldenblatt, etc.), I haven't seen enough of to have a good opinion on.

heart on fire

From what I have seen of Sex and the City, Big is definately ENTJ, Charlotte ISFJ, Miranda ISTJ.

Carrie is not INFJ in my opinion. INFJ would have been more astute about Aiden!

That was the point in which I quit watching the show. If the characters are going to dump decent guys and chase a-holes who cares about their troubles...lol.

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Sex & the City

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I've been watching a lot of Sex & the City...

Carrie - I'm pretty sure that she's an introvert, just a pretty social one. Pretty positive that she's NF. INFJ. Sometimes she seems kind of ENFP... but never INFP and probably not ENFJ.

I think she's I. She loves her friends, but she works alone and doesn't mind being alone.

Miranda - INTJ, all day every day.

Charlotte - ESFJ, maybe ISFJ. Probably ESFJ.

Samantha - ESTP.

Mr. Big - ISTP or INTJ. ENTJ? Why not ENTP?

Aiden - INFP.

Harry Goldenblatt - ENFP?

Trey McDougall - ISTJ? How about ISFJ?

Smith Jarrod - INFJ?
    Samantha's boyfriend? I love him. But he seems like a P.

Stanford - INTP

Who's that?

Steve - ESFP
    Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    From what I have seen of Sex and the City, Big is definately ENTJ, Charlotte ISFJ, Miranda ISTJ.

Carrie is not INFJ in my opinion. INFJ would have been more astute about Aiden!

That was the point in which I quit watching the show. If the characters are going to dump decent guys and chase a-holes who cares about their troubles...lol.
    I never liked Aiden myself. He's too earnest and not enough fun.

I think Miranda is INTJ. She seems like Carrie's closest friend, NT to Carrie's NF.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

They syndicate Sex and the City a lot. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'm pretty sure Carrie was an ISFP- stylish (Se), fairly free-wheeling (P)- kind of had the idealizing Fi going on. (I didn't see that much Fe- more like a live and let live philosophy, compared to Charlotte, for example).

Charlotte: SFJ, leaning towards ISFJ (seemed more oriented towards tradition than Fe moralizing/empathy)

Miranda: esTJ- but I'm not fixed on the first two letters. Miranda wasn't really interested in being a upstanding citizen and implementing a plan (other than her career). So now I'm thinking inTJ?

Steve: InFP- I could be convinced on the hfirst two functions. Not all E's have to be overhwhelming, but he always seemed pretty low-key to me, but perhaps that was just how his relationship with Miranda worked.

Mr. Big: I have no idea- T for sure.
    Harry Goldenblatt: ENTP

Agree:
    Samantha: ESTP- ultimate STP- always out to enjoy the moment
    Aiden: INFP
    Trey McDougall: ISTJ
    Smith Jerrod: ISFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Carrie: Whichever type corresponds best to an Fe, Fi, Se, ... function order. (The character seems to have trouble using past experiences, logic, common sense, etc. in making personal decisions).

In actuality, I'd go with ENFJ as sticking out most likely, but any FJ seems like it could work.
    I could be convinced on ENFJ. The ENFJs I know really look like introverts sometimes. Carrie seems to have needs like an introvert sometimes (very clearly seen when Aiden moved in).

Charlotte: The stereotypical SFJ, I pretty much agree with Eileen on this one (ESFJ, possibly ISFJ).
    I think she's Fe dominant, but I guess Si is possible too. I don't understand Si very well.

Miranda: I could see ISTJ as well for the character, since there aren't really a lot of situations to say N vs. S, though maybe someone else has a better way to tell.
    My assessment of Miranda has to do with her stress mode, which looks quite INJ. She has a tendency towards excess... food and TV in particular. That's got to have something to do with weak sensing.

Big: Obviously some sort of T, but beyond that it gets difficult. I'll just go with the Eileen guesses if pressed, they do seem slightly more likely then other possibilities.
    JaeRae asked why not ENTP. I guess ENTP is possible, but he lacks the messiness (I mean physical and psychic) that ENTPs often exude. I've also always found ENTPs to be sort of puppy-doggish and warm in their ways. Big can be that way. I don't know. My gut says ISTP.

Stanford is Carrie's gay boyfriend. He's kind of a caricature and hard to type as a result.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Harry Goldenblatt: ENTP

YES! You're right. And that's actually exactly what I mean by ENTP warmth. Harry is a great example of an ENTP based on the ones I know IRL.
    INFJ

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I Sex in the City! Husband of course hates it and thinks I'm a goon for watching it.

I've thought about their types (it's hardly an intellectual show) and have no idea but I don't see Carrie as an INFJ, although when I was young (younger than these girls) I did my fair share of clubbing. I'm from a big city, not as big as NY but still what else is there to do in the city when you're young and single but go out?

I'll go with most of Eileen's choices.

Ivy we're still going to see this movie together right? Anyone else wanna see it with us?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I sort of chalk it up to the makers of the show trying to create drama situations and keep it going for as long as possible.

They do have the Carrie character do a lot of things that are clearly bad decisions from a mile away, and make these decisions in the same type of way over and over. Fortunately the rest of the show can make up for it, and I can pick and choose shows to avoid the most likely problem ones.