• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sex & the City characters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:offtopic: Actually, Carrie's column is an excellent demonstration of how Fi works

And I *think* that the theories of Charlie in the show 'Numbers' does the same for Ti. Beautiful way to see the eery similarities and yet the incredible differences between the two. Especially when you see how Charlie and Carrie use Fi/Ti in the wrong situation. (for instance, Charlie uses Ti to try and make sense of people and love and feelings, because that's what he's good at, while Carrie tries to Fi her way out of situations that clearly need logical deconstructing, which only get solved coz Miranda steps in)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After seeing more of the show and the movie, I now think

Carrie: INFP, maybe eNFP. I notice on the show she's often hanging out alone at home and someone calls her up and drags her out....
Miranda: ISTJ
Samantha: ESTP
Charlotte: ESFJ - total Fe-dom
Big: eNTJ - Seems Te-dom, but also introverted...they always show him eating dinner all alone.
Aiden: ISFP

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i always thought carrie was an ENFP, but i watched a few episodes last night and as much as she annoys me i can see her as an INFP.

miranda: ISTJ
charlotte: eSFJ
samantha: ESTP

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
After reading comments and thinking about it more, I do think that Charlotte is an ESFJ. She reminds me way more of ESFJs I know rather than ISFJs.
I still can't see much N in Carrie. I would still have to say ISFP for her, I think.
Miranda: IXTJ I'm getting more convinced she is an S
Samantha: ESTP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i always thought carrie was an ENFP, but i watched a few episodes last night and as much as she annoys me i can see her as an INFP.

A lot of people find her annoying. I've always liked her character.

I still can't see much N in Carrie. I would still have to say ISFP for her, I think.

But she wanted to get married in a library! That's so INFP :tongue:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
A lot of people find her annoying. I've always liked her character.

I find her somewhat annoying. My fav was always Samantha.

Going on the fact that very few ENFPs annoy me, I don't think Carrie is ENFP. I wouldn't say not not going out till someone calls her made her not ENFP though. Lack of social initiative is one of my strong points.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I find her somewhat annoying. My fav was always Samantha.

Going on the fact that very few ENFPs annoy me, I don't think Carrie is ENFP. I wouldn't say not not going out till someone calls her made her not ENFP though. Lack of social initiative is one of my strong points.

I remember reading someplace that the four women were supposed to represent each of Keirsey’s four temperaments, so if Carrie isn’t the NF, which is? I didn’t watch the show that much, but she seemed more NF than the other 3.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I remember reading someplace that the four women were supposed to represent each of Keirsey’s four temperaments, so if Carrie isn’t the NF, which is? I didn’t watch the show that much, but she seemed more NF than the other 3.

The only other possibility for NF would be Charlotte.

So the only way this could play out is that if Carrie is the SP (ISFP suggested here), and Charlotte is the NF (let's say INFx) then Miranda would definitely have to be an STJ, leaving Samantha to be the NT. The only NT she could possibly be, IMO, would be ENTP.

I dunno. I'm not even a fan of the show. That's just my take on it.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
The only other possibility for NF would be Charlotte.

So the only way this could play out is that if Carrie is the SP (ISFP suggested here), and Charlotte is the NF (let's say INFx) then Miranda would definitely have to be an STJ, leaving Samantha to be the NT. The only NT she could possibly be, IMO, would be ENTP.

I dunno. I'm not even a fan of the show. That's just my take on it.

Samatha seemed like the SP (ESTP), but hey, you're the professional and I'm just an amateur.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Mr.Big: ENTP
Carrie: INFJ

What else ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Samatha seemed like the SP (ESTP), but hey, you're the professional and I'm just an amateur.

You're the one saying that each woman must represent one of the four temperaments, and if they're saying that Carrie is an ISFP...which, I kind of agree on this. She's kind of ...clothing focused. Her whole thing with...shoes. I don't know, she irritates the living fuck out of me. I'm not saying that she's not an NF, and I actually happen to like ISFPs, but it seems to me that an SFP might be more obsessed with fashion and stuff like Carrie is.

I really hate that show so I'm not the person to type the things. I'm just bullshitting based on theory. Personally, I prefer Charlotte and Samantha over Carrie any day. I could very well see Charlotte being a romantic NF instead of an ISFJ. I could very well see Miranda being an STJ instead of an NTJ (though she's probably the most likely to be called the NT)...so, again, that leaves Samantha to be an ENTP.

I really hate Sex and the City. I am not the expert!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Finally someone who hates she show aswell. I couldnt find intrest in a show in wish it is presented how many people a woman has to hump to be the humpers godess of the city.

And to woman who need that cause they didnt know they are free before, well ok. I hope it helped.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ex boyfriend used to say, "What is the big deal with this show about three sluts and their mom?"

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
ugh. what a horrible show

if i want to be an unmarried bachelor in my 50's, then I'll watch a show about an unmarried guy in his 50's to learn how to become that.

what happened to all the family shows of the 80's and 90s. wonder years, family ties, just the 10 of us, charles in charge... etc... etc...

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
ugh. what a horrible show

if i want to be an unmarried bachelor in my 50's, then I'll watch a show about an unmarried guy in his 50's to learn how to become that.

what happened to all the family shows of the 80's and 90s. wonder years, family ties, just the 10 of us, charles in charge... etc... etc...

Wonder Years was cool. I can’t think of another TV show that conveyed the stress of Jr. High that poignantly and convincingly. It was the closet thing there was to reliving it.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I remember reading someplace that the four women were supposed to represent each of Keirsey’s four temperaments.

Ok, I'm not sure if the theory above is right, but if it was, I would see it like that:

Carrie: NF (but I hate her as well, so I'm reluctant to say INFP ;) )
Samantha: SP (probably ESTP, even though I see her more like an ESxP)
Charlotte: SJ (ISFJ)
Miranda: NT (INTP - this is obviously not a mainstream theory, but her constant logical deconstruction seems so Ti to me it hurts)

If each of the characters was supposed to present a temperament, and not a type, I believe this could fit. But the characters often show characteristics of more than one type (especially Carrie), plus the actresses' 'vibes' play a huge role, so it's hard to pinpoint them.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Carrie: ISFP (clearly F, the rest is more like a hunch)
Samantha: xSTx
Charlotte: ISFJ <3
Miranda: xxTx

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Ok, I'm not sure if the theory above is right, but if it was, I would see it like that:

Carrie: NF (but I hate her as well, so I'm reluctant to say INFP ;) )
Samantha: SP (probably ESTP, even though I see her more like an ESxP)
Charlotte: SJ (ISFJ)
Miranda: NT (INTP - this is obviously not a mainstream theory, but her constant logical deconstruction seems so Ti to me it hurts)

If each of the characters was supposed to present a temperament, and not a type, I believe this could fit. But the characters often show characteristics of more than one type (especially Carrie), plus the actresses' 'vibes' play a huge role, so it's hard to pinpoint them.

I've only seen this show a couple times. I used to hate it, but my girlfriend loves it, and she made me watch one of the movies and a few episodes, and I have to admit - it's not that bad. I grows on you.

That said, I think Space Oddity's types make the most sense, although I might have Charlotte as ESFJ. Even so, it's close between Fe and Si. I agree with all the other ones, and I think Samantha is ESTP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's kind of ...clothing focused. Her whole thing with...shoes. I don't know, she irritates the living fuck out of me. I'm not saying that she's not an NF, and I actually happen to like ISFPs, but it seems to me that an SFP might be more obsessed with fashion and stuff like Carrie is.

I follow high fashion (don't buy it cuz I cannot afford it), and I have tons of clothes and shoes. I actually kind of relate to her character, but she's sweeter and fluffier than I am (and maybe a bit shallower), which actually fits the INFP stereotype well.