User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Aren't ISFP's kind of outgoing? That could explain why I see her as an extrovert. I just don't see INFP's as that outgoing. Plus she's not really looking for her place in this world. She could just be an ISFP who spends a lot of time in her head.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    She is by no means an INFP. That's almost laughable considering how Se-driven she is.

Also, being able to write well has nothing to do with Ne or Se. I mean, Kerouac was a great novelist and he was ISFP.
    I'm not sure who Kerouac is.

Hrm... I just don't really see ISFP as being much of a writer. We have a lot of difficulty explaining our feelings. Which is why we're often so quiet, yet expressive in other outlets. But I certainly see where you're coming from on picking her out to be ISFP...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Carrie: ISFP 6w7
    Charlotte: ESFJ 3w2
    Miranda: ISTJ 6w5
    Samantha: ESTP 7w8

I read a New Yorker article defending the show from the backlash it's gotten since its been off air and it had an interesting analysis of the characters:

Most unusually, the characters themselves were symbolic. As I’ve written elsewhere—and argued, often drunkenly, at cocktail parties—the four friends operated as near-allegorical figures, pegged to contemporary debates about women’s lives, mapped along three overlapping continuums. The first was emotional: Carrie and Charlotte were romantics; Miranda and Samantha were cynics. The second was ideological: Miranda and Carrie were second-wave feminists, who believed in egalitarianism; Charlotte and Samantha were third-wave feminists, focussed on exploiting the power of femininity, from opposing angles. The third concerned sex itself. At first, Miranda and Charlotte were prudes, while Samantha and Carrie were libertines. Unsettlingly, as the show progressed, Carrie began to glide toward caution, away from freedom, out of fear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Liked the show, hated the movies. I feel like most of the backlash has been on account of the movies.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

@Ivy, we did see the movie, and it was awful!

Carrie -ENFJ
    Miranda - INTJ
    Charlotte - ESFJ
    Samantha ESTp

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Carrie: ENFP 7w6 sx-so

The show is based on her Fi theorising to write her column, and she has that playful childlike thing going for her. She isn't the most practical and is often accused of being not grounded enough. She is a dreamer, focused tremendously on finding her perfect mate (sx-dom) and the core of her little circle to keep them together (so) while also being very much into delving into the social scene on a regular basis (E and so). The predicament with almost losing her apartment and overabundance of shoes shows off her sp-last.

Miranda: INTJ 6w5 sp-sx

Classic career woman, crazy spurts of Se but mostly Ni worldview and Te control of her life. Protective of her friends and of her livelihood,and comfort (sp), loyal to a T while always looking for the danger around the corner. Not a fan of social conventions or networking in the least, and looking for a mate on a regular basis, but not as obsessively as Carrie.

Charlotte: ESFJ 2w3 so-sx

Typical portrait of the classic perfect 'wife'. Into traditional romance, and following the rules, going through the ritual to find the perfect mate. Connected, classy, good at networking and always there for her friends and ready to help. Always willing to put in the work that is expected in order to gain the result she wants. Easily disappointed when she does not receive the reward when she did everything right.

Samantha: ESTP 7w8 sx-so.

Focused on finding sexual partners/playmates. Larger than life. Built a business on her charisma and ease in connecting with people, demonstrating her sp-last serving the priorities of her sx-so preference. Uses her tertiary Fe to enhance the effect, while her Se does most of the work. Likes to use her Ti to figure out how to unlock her newest toy. Likes power play and being on top.

Leading men:

Steve: EsFP so-sx
    Aiden: ISFP sp-sx with a strong-ass tertiary Ni
    Big: ENTJ sx-sp
    Smith: InFP sp-sx
    Trey: ESFp sp-so
    Harry: ENtP sp-sx with a big ass cuddly Fe.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    @Ivy, we did see the movie, and it was awful!
    I know right? I mean, a good ten minutes of it centered around Charlotte pooping her pants.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

That was my favorite part.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I used to watch this with my mother when I was a teen.

Wait a minute...this isn't the three things people don't know about you thread...I've been had. Curse you my arch nemesis: The Brain!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Okay, I've been watching the show and Carrie is one of those ENFP/ISFP hybrids.. still going with 6w7 though.