User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Here's what I think about the four girls themselves.
    The show worked out that there were
    2 Extraverts/2 Introverts (Carrie & Samantha/Miranda & Charlotte)
    2 Sensors/2 iNtuitives (Charlotte & Samantha/Carrie & Miranda)
    2 Thinkers/2 Feelers (Miranda & Samantha/ Carrie & Charlotte)
    2 Judgers/ 2 Perceivers (Miranda & Charlotte/ Carrie & Samantha)

Obviously they didn't do this deliberately, lol.. just found it interesting as I was typing them.

So basically
    Carrie: ENFP
    Miranda: INTJ
    Samantha: ESTP
    Charlotte: ISFJ

Makes sense to me.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yep, that makes alot of sense.

They are pretty clear-cut representatives of those types I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I Sex in the City! Husband of course hates it and thinks I'm a goon for watching it.

I've thought about their types (it's hardly an intellectual show) and have no idea but I don't see Carrie as an INFJ, although when I was young (younger than these girls) I did my fair share of clubbing. I'm from a big city, not as big as NY but still what else is there to do in the city when you're young and single but go out?

I'll go with most of Eileen's choices.

Ivy we're still going to see this movie together right? Anyone else wanna see it with us?
    Um, sha? Duh.

NC Sex & the City Meetup Time!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Here's what I think about the four girls themselves.
    The show worked out that there were
    2 Extraverts/2 Introverts (Carrie & Samantha/Miranda & Charlotte)
    2 Sensors/2 iNtuitives (Charlotte & Samantha/Carrie & Miranda)
    2 Thinkers/2 Feelers (Miranda & Samantha/ Carrie & Charlotte)
    2 Judgers/ 2 Perceivers (Miranda & Charlotte/ Carrie & Samantha)

Obviously they didn't do this deliberately, lol.. just found it interesting as I was typing them.

So basically
    Carrie: ENFP

Makes sense to me.
    I agree with this although I am not sure if Charlotte is an E or I. In general I've noticed a lot of successful sitcoms revolve around four characters with very different personalities: I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, etc....
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    From what I have seen of Sex and the City, Big is definately ENTJ, Charlotte ISFJ, Miranda ISTJ.

Carrie is not INFJ in my opinion. INFJ would have been more astute about Aiden!

That was the point in which I quit watching the show. If the characters are going to dump decent guys and chase a-holes who cares about their troubles...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I sort of chalk it up to the makers of the show trying to create drama situations and keep it going for as long as possible.

They do have the Carrie character do a lot of things that are clearly bad decisions from a mile away, and make these decisions in the same type of way over and over. Fortunately the rest of the show can make up for it, and I can pick and choose shows to avoid the most likely problem ones.
    Good writing can create drama without stretching things so far that the suspension of disbelief is broken. It became shtick.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Good writing can create drama without stretching things so far that the suspension of disbelief is broken. It became shtick.
    I know, but this seems like on case where the writers consistently goof up in the show. (Inter show politics may have a part to do with it, as Carrie seems to get sent through different types of challenges/situations as the other characters do.)

For anyone interested, here's my personal theory on how the characters ended up the way they did.

The writers start off with four big personality archetypes: Charlotte=traditional female, Samantha=the no strings sex character, Miranda=Independent career and logic person, Carrie= feelings person, perhaps meant to be the most "average" one.

The writers apparently wanted the characters to act more "feminine" though, and there's the typical need to "humanize" people, so Miranda got several story arcs thrown in to show that she does have those feeling associated qualities, while Carrie and Charlotte were given more story arcs to fit emotional stereotypes. This also adds some drama to the Miranda story arcs of having to face up to and use weaker parts of her personality.

Since the show is called "Sex and the City", and has all the other characters having lots of sex with different people, Charlotte ended up having to have the traditional views on sex reduced a bit, and again lots of drama/fun on the show comes from throwing her into situations where the "fariry-tale romance" ideas she has don't work (as well as other plans she has for herself along those lines). Charlotte also seemed to be written with a more flexible lifestyle outside relationships as the show went on, possibly related to how the character needed ot get more flexible with relationships and sex.

Samantha's views on sex and relationships pretty easily set up interesting situations to throw her into.

It is less obvious, though, how interesting situations could be set up for handling Carrie's personality, and the writers seemed to fall back often on using the same sort of relationship issues over and over again, and did not think of a way to have the character grow and learn while still having interesting situations.

MBTI
    INTJ

They are making a second movie... Don't know how I feel about that yet.

Big: ENTJ
    Carrie: I feel like she is the most difficult one. Why does everyone see NF for her? Out of all of the NFs I would probably have to say ENFJ but she also reminds me of an ISFP I know so I am a bit perplexed. I do not think any of the other NF types could fit her other than ENFJ.
    Aiden: ISFP

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'd say Carrie is an ISFP!!

She doesn't strike me as a J at all, she's always relaxed, coming late everywhere, and I think she shows Se and Fi alot.

Samantha: ESTJ
    Charlotte: ESFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think Carrie analyzes too much too be an SP. Her writing is trying to see every angle to relationships, deconstructs them to understand them, and makes unrelated connections through metaphor to explain them. All of that says intuitive to me. NFs can be artists and love offbeat beauty, so that explains the fashion. So I think eNFP. I think she is an extrovert, just a low one. I agree that she shows clear signs of Fi.

I think Miranda is ISTJ, not INTJ. ISTJ women seem to have that conflict of wanting to be traditional, but being thinking women, not fitting the traditional woman's role very well and then resenting it. Miranda seems to have that struggle.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe