User Tag List

MBTI
    IsFJ

Default Order of the Stick

A webcomic by Rich Burlew. Can be found here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.html Despite the stick-figure style, it's very well-written, "plotty" and has good characterization. Let's type the characters!

Roy Greenhilt - ESTJ, 1w2
    Haley Starshine - ESTP, 6w7 (has serious trust issues)
    Elan - ENFP, 7w6
    Belkar Bitterleaf - ESTP, 8w7
    Vaarsuvius - INTJ, 5w6
    Durkon Thundershield - ESFJ, 1w2

Xykon - ENTP?, 7w8 or 8w7
    Redcloak - INFJ?, 1w2 or 6w5
    Tsukiko - xNFP?, 7w6?
    The Monster in the Darkness - ISFP?, 9w8

Lord Shojo - ENTP?, 6w7?
    Hinjo - ISTJ?, 1w9
    Miko Miyazaki - ESTJ, 1w2
    O-Chul - IxFJ?, 1w9

Celia - INFJ?, 1w9
    Eugene Greenhilt - ISTJ, 6w5
    Julia Greenhilt - ESxP, 7w8

Nale - ESTJ, 6w7?
    General Tarquin - ENTJ, 8w9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Most of those look pretty accurate, nice work. However, I think Roy may be ISTJ, and Durkon ISFJ. Or they may just seem introverted in comparison to Elan and Belkar. Roy's conversations with Elan always strike me as an amusing interaction between a competent ISTJ and an extreme ENFP, with alot of classic introvert-extrovert contrasts used as humor (e.g. Elan always asking Roy ridiculous/obvious questions while Roy laments the idiocy he has to deal with). And I'm not sure whether Vaarsuvius is INTP or INTJ. He/she is the type of character meant to be portrayed as an intellectual genius, an archetype usually associated with both INTP and INTJ. So I think sometimes these types of characters can exhibit traits of both types at different times as the writer tries to make them seem more intelligent by combining the most intellectual characteristics of both INTPs and INTJs (e.g. the INTPs obsession with esoteric knowledge and the INTJs cool efficiency).

INFJ was a good guess for Celia. I wasn't sure what type of personality she had but INFJ seems like a good fit. The Monster in the Darkness probably doesn't have enough characterization for a full type, but it's certainly xxFP. ESTJ for Nale doesn't seem right, maybe ENTJ?
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

MBTI
    IsFJ

Thanks for replying, Jade!

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    Most of those look pretty accurate, nice work.
    Tee hee... thanks. I'm kind of new to typing, but I needed something to do on the bus.

However, I think Roy may be ISTJ, and Durkon ISFJ. Or they may just seem introverted in comparison to Elan and Belkar. Roy's conversations with Elan always strike me as an amusing interaction between a competent ISTJ and an extreme ENFP, with alot of classic introvert-extrovert contrasts used as humor (e.g. Elan always asking Roy ridiculous/obvious questions while Roy laments the idiocy he has to deal with).
    Yeah, that sounds plausible. I typed him ESTJ because he seems to start conversation with strangers pretty easily for an introvert, though I suppose that, as an adventurer, he could just be used to that. And yeah, they are awesome foils.

And I'm not sure whether Vaarsuvius is INTP or INTJ. He/she is the type of character meant to be portrayed as an intellectual genius, an archetype usually associated with both INTP and INTJ. So I think sometimes these types of characters can exhibit traits of both types at different times as the writer tries to make them seem more intelligent by combining the most intellectual characteristics of both INTPs and INTJs (e.g. the INTPs obsession with esoteric knowledge and the INTJs cool efficiency).
    Well, from what I gather, INTPs are slightly more "scruffy" and somewhat softer at first glance (due to aux Ne), while INTJs display their Te quite readily (except when Ni and Fi decree it a bad idea). Plus, V often has serious pride issues, which are pretty common in INTJ villains - tert Fi, maybe? Also, s/he likes to use hir powers and knowledge in a more practical way, which strikes me as more INTJ-ish.

INFJ was a good guess for Celia. I wasn't sure what type of personality she had but INFJ seems like a good fit. The Monster in the Darkness probably doesn't have enough characterization for a full type, but it's certainly xxFP. ESTJ for Nale doesn't seem right, mabye ENTJ?
    I though Celia might be an INFP with finger-waggling Fi ("This is so unethical!"), but her behavior seemed kind of Oneish, and One is more common among INFJ, so...

I based my guess for the MitD on his interactions with O-Chul in Xykon's lair. Inconclusive, sure, but FP sounds about right.

Nale seems to want to do everything by the book, which, surprisingly, doesn't make him as predictable as one would expect. That's why I chose ESTJ, though I could be wrong (goes without saying). Plus, the ENFP and the ESTJ are mirror images, function-wise, which would make him the perfect foil for Elan (besides Roy, of course ).

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here's what I think:

Roy Greenhilt - ESTJ, 1w2 or 3
    I actually considered ENTJ, but his plans like when he worded the question he asked the Oracle strikes me as Si. I still think he's an extrovert because, as you said, he seems to start conversations pretty easily, but also he seems to have social grace and seems only tired by and impatient with his teammates because they are stupid or unreliable, not because he just needs more time alone than most people. He also only seemed interested in defeating Xykon because he wanted to look good (3), but 1w2 might fit as well.
    Haley Starshine - ESTP(?), (counterphobic)6w7 or 3
    ESTP seems to fit her, but i'm inclined to believe that having trouble expressing love and being an emo as a teenager isn't exactly ESTPish..? She is also greedy, ambitious and a good leader, which points to 3. But maybe just heavily influenced by her father.
    Elan - ENFP, 7w6
    Belkar Bitterleaf - ESTP, 7w8
    Not exactly interested in being dominant.
    Vaarsuvius - INTJ or ENTP, 5w4
    I think V is a dominant iNtuitive, auxiliary Thinker and a w4 because s/he still seems to value emotions, though s/he tries not too show them very much. Although s/he doesn't seem to need company, s/he also seems too chatty and involved to be introverted.
    Durkon Thundershield - ISxJ, 1w9 or 6w5
    He has so much Si, it's not even funny.

Xykon - ENTP, 7w8 or 8w7
    Most definitely an ENTP.
    Redcloak - INTJ, 1w2
    Not exactly emotional...
    Tsukiko - xNFP?, 7w6?
    I guess...I'm not too sure...
    The Monster in the Darkness - ESFP, 9w8

Lord Shojo - ENTP, I dunno
    Hinjo - xSTJ, 1w9...maybe?
    Miko Miyazaki - ESTJ, 1w2
    O-Chul - ISTJ, 1w9?
    Celia - ENFJ, 2w1
    She's probably an extrovert.

Nale - ExTJ, 8 or 3
    Power-hungry and narcissistic, but is addicted to complexity 'cos it looks good.
    Sabine - ESTP, 3w2?
    Not that sure...
    Thog - ESFP, 7w6
    Zz'tdri - INTJ, 5w4?
    YikYik - ESTP, 7w8
    YokYok - xSTJ, 1

General Tarquin - ENxJ, 3w4
    Maybe too 'nice' to be Te-dom, but maybe just skilled at acting. Has no problem with being defeated by Elan, he just wants to look good.
    Ian Starshine - ESTP, (cp)6w7 or 3

MBTI
    IsFJ

Yay! Another OOTS reader! My thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by ctang15 View Post
    Roy Greenhilt - ESTJ, 1w2 or 3
    I actually considered ENTJ, but his plans like when he worded the question he asked the Oracle strikes me as Si. I still think he's an extrovert because, as you said, he seems to start conversations pretty easily, but also he seems to have social grace and seems only tired by and impatient with his teammates because they are stupid or unreliable, not because he just needs more time alone than most people. He also only seemed interested in defeating Xykon because he wanted to look good (3), but 1w2 might fit as well.
    I think he initially wanted to gain Eugene's approval, but gradually made it into a moral mission. Could fit either type, 3s aren't any more amoral than any other type.

Also, he likes to focus on logistics, which is why I chose SJ for him.

Haley Starshine - ESTP(?), (counterphobic)6w7 or 3
    ESTP seems to fit her, but i'm inclined to believe that having trouble expressing love and being an emo as a teenager isn't exactly ESTPish..? She is also greedy, ambitious and a good leader, which points to 3. But maybe just heavily influenced by her father.
    T types do have strong feelings. They just prefer to decide things on more impersonal principles, like Haley does. I can see lots of Ti-Fe on her.

Belkar Bitterleaf - ESTP, 7w8
    Not exactly interested in being dominant.
    Hmm, sounds about right, especially since he decided to give up independence for stabbing peopleexcitement.

Vaarsuvius - INTJ or ENTP, 5w4
    I think V is a dominant iNtuitive, auxiliary Thinker and a w4 because s/he still seems to value emotions, though s/he tries not too show them very much. Although s/he doesn't seem to need company, s/he also seems too chatty and involved to be introverted.
    Could go either way... s/he's also very technical and protective - the "technician" style is somewhat related to 5w6...

Redcloak - INTJ, 1w2
    Not exactly emotional...
    Not outwardly, no. But he does crusade for his people in a somewhat Fe-ish way, I think.

O-Chul - ISTJ, 1w9?
    I thought FJ due to his interactions with the Monster In The Darkness... Very sage-like, almost parental.

Celia - ENFJ, 2w1
    She's probably an extrovert.
    Possibly. Though I think she's more "moralistic" than "affectionate".

Nale - ExTJ, 8 or 3
    Power-hungry and narcissistic, but is addicted to complexity 'cos it looks good.
    Yeah, that could work. Don't remember why I chose 6... Maybe it was his rigid adherence to certain "villainous guidelines" (intentionally).

Sabine - ESTP, 3w2?
    Not that sure...
    I can see her as ESTP.

Thog - ESFP, 7w6
    I'd think 9w8... Alternating between "docile" and "bloodthirsty". But I'm on the fence.

Zz'tdri - INTJ, 5w4?
    YikYik - ESTP, 7w8
    YokYok - xSTJ, 1
    Sounds 'bout right.

General Tarquin - ENxJ, 3w4
    Maybe too 'nice' to be Te-dom, but maybe just skilled at acting. Has no problem with being defeated by Elan, he just wants to look good.
    Definitely possible... I just thought he had won, in his own way. Nine-wing could account for the mellow acceptance of his defeat.

Ian Starshine - ESTP, (cp)6w7 or 3
    Yep.

Sorry if I was contentious.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5

True, now that I think about it, Thog is more like an ESFP 9w8. Hilgya probably fits ESFP 7w6 better...

MBTI
    IsFJ

True, now that I think about it, Thog is more like an ESFP 9w8. Hilgya probably fits ESFP 7w6 better...
    Ooh, good one. Forgot about her.