First 456

Thread: Top Nazis

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Eric Fromm isn't a historian or a biographer. Using him as a source of information about Hitler's personality is like using Dick Cheney as a source for information about quantum mechanics. Hitler was obviously either an INFP or an INFJ. He cannot be anything but.

You're shitting me! He's a psychologist and analyst who cites primary sources, speeches and character references, cant get much better than that, like I said I knew you'd be dismissive.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Hitler:

-Artist. Driven into poverty.
    -Sensitive and emotionally fragile. Submissive.
    -Would often take initiative to wash dishes and clean while in the army; shows femininity.
    -Daydreamer as a young child.
    -Rhetoric was based on emotion rather than logic.
    -Poor strategist.
    -Was a "Jesus figure" to the Germans in many ways; lived "only for them".
    -Had a grand vision for Germany after the war.

Does this sound like an STJ to you?
    Eyewitness account of the man:

The first glance left me with a picture of s weak, soft face, with pouches under the eyes, full lips and very little bony facial structure. The moustache didn't seem as ridiculous as it appeared in pictures - in fact, I scarcely noticed it; but I imagine that is because I was pretty well conditioned to such things by that time. As has often been said, Hitler's eyes were startling and unforgetable - they seemed pale blue in color, were intense, unwavering, hypnotic. Certainly the eyes were his only distinctive feature. They could contain fury and fanaticism and cruelty; they could be mystic and tearful and challenging. This particular afternoon he was excessive, informal, he had a certain quiet charm, almost a tenderness of speech and glance. He talked soberly to Kiepura and seemed very interested and absorbed in meeting both of us. The curious embarrassment he showed in meeting me, his somewhat apologetic, nervous manner, my father tells me and other diplomats as well- are always present when he meets the diplomatic corps en masse ..... He seemed modest, middle class, rather dull and self-conscious--yet with this strange tenderness and, appealing helplessness. p. 64-65

Holy shit. I can't believe I'm even discussing this.
    Aye it does.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That was actually one of your cooler posts. Don't knock discussion. Heh. What are threads for, man? For all of us to just declare shit at each other? That shit gets old.. except to Hitler, ironically.
    +1

Now if someone could say this in every single thread there is, about the second or third page in.

MBTI
    ENTP

I only like Rommel, from what I know, he was quite the strategist.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Nope. Sounds like a J.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Nope. Sounds like a J.
    :rolleyes2:
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Claus von Stauffenberg - INTJ.

(Orchestrator of the 20th July Plot, also known as Operation Valkyrie, originally from a line of Prussian nobles)

When you look at his planning, his style of execution of the plans and all the other things, dominant Ni and inferior Se are evident.
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    August Kubizek wrote that book after Hitler came to power; there were many reasons to put forward a certain image of Hitler. I imagine he didn't bother to change it because after the war maybe he had other concerns.

---

Stubbornness does point towards Fi usage, possibly Fi dom. He's known for waking late in Speer's account, among other things. I couldn't source this because it's been a long-ass time since I've read those, but Hitler was literally an artist archetype who was amateurish in everything he did that wasn't politics and murder.

His way of persuasion, however, in all accounts feel very Fe to me, but a lot of Fi users are capable of feigning Fe. His Te is definitely not great.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Right, I remember now.

Amazon.com: Hitler's Vienna: A Portrait of the Tyrant as a Young Man (Tauris Parke Paperbacks) (9781848852778): Brigitte Hamann, Hans Mommsen: Books
    Ian Kershaw - Wikipedia

But I do highly recommend Hitler's Vienna, because it contextualises and analyses multiple primary sources, and it's... just well-written in general, and it focuses on private aspect rather than political aspect at a certain period.

(I've also looked at Kubizek and Speer's books, and a whole lot of literature that I cba to remember now coz my uni had a sizeable collection. That was fun.)
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi