User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

14 42.42%
  • INFP

3 9.09%
  • ENFP

5 15.15%
  • ENTJ

4 12.12%
  • other

7 21.21%
123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Anakin Skywalker

what type do you think Anakin Skywalker from Starwars is?
    he looks like an ISFP to me, but I could see ISFP, ENFP, INFP or even ENTJ.
    PS: I'm fairly certain he's an 8w9 sx/sp but feel free to refute this too if you disagree.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ISFP fo sho; inner deep seated hatred of the jedi and emotional problems out to kazzo = twisted Fi; good at piloting, building mechanics, fighting with a lightsaber, actively engaged in the present world = Se.

(I believe an entire Star Wars thread already exists.)

Also, due to the time disparity and age difference between little Ani and big Ani, this will account for a lot of conflicted typing.

Whatever his type, he was an arrogant prodigy with immature Fi.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFP 8w7, I don't think he is social last.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    ISFP fo sho; inner deep seated hatred of the jedi and emotional problems out to kazzo = twisted Fi; good at piloting, building mechanics, fighting with a lightsaber, actively engaged in the present world = Se.
    Not an S. Extroverted Intuitors can be at ease with mechanic, plus, have you considered the fact that most part of Jedi use a lightsaber, without necessarly being a sensor?

Anakin is an extroverted intuitor, who's typically frustrated by realty wich is seen as a limit, and always want to challenge realty, rules and boundaries.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think Lucas gave a crap about making a consistent personality between child, teen, and adult Anakin (he was into melodrama/archetypes, not about actual psychologically realistic character dev), so it seems like a thankless task to even bother trying to type him. There's no real continuity between ages.

little boy: probably ISFP
    teen: ENTP, maybe
    adult: ISTJ

Lucas = Hack.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes riva liked this post

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ENFP 8w7, I don't think he is social last.
    I'm still leaning w9. 8w7s tend to be higher energy, less serious and more sanguine (especially for ENFPs)

Epiphany

I think George Lucas wrote the young adult, pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker as an unhealthy Feeler, most likely Fi. Unless he is lying about his decision making process when he said, "You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't."

Actually, even Darth Vader puts a lot of emphasis on feelings. How many times does he tell Luke to search his feelings?
    Last edited by Epiphany; 03-02-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Yeah, Vader is just the ISTJ side, I think. I think Anakin had a lot of big dreams and sense of purpose. He wants to change the galaxy with Padme. I guess he's ENFP. The idealism is what ruins him. I guess in the emperor's grip, he just sticks with not rocking the boat or something, enforcing the new status quo.. yet still kind of vaguely value oriented and making some strange autonomous decisions. He chokes a guy just for not believing in the force. Luke comes along and stirs his old dreams up again. Only Luke sets it on track.

edit: Meh.. He could be ISFP. :P I don't remember a lot of dialogue now, but maybe his impulses were more like unhealthy Ni. It wasn't just about his future ideals, but paranoia about Padme, the Jedis, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I think George Lucas wrote the young adult, pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker as an unhealthy Feeler, most likely Fi. Unless he is lying about his decision making process when he said, "You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't."

Actually, even Darth Vader puts a lot emphasis on feelings. How many times does he tell Luke to search his feelings?
    Arguably, that could be less of a personal preference than a learned skill as a disciple of a decidedly philosophical & spiritual organization (Jedi Knights).
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke