• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anakin Skywalker

What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

• ISFP

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ENFP

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • other

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, has it really been over a year since I posted in this thread? Damn.

I've been thinking; could Anakin really be a cp sx 6? I've heard how those with Borderline Personality Disorder would be categorized as sx 6's (not that all sx 6's have BPD), and Anakin certainly has BPD, so logically is would only make sense for him to be cp6.

Granted he's certainly not 4 dominant as I originally thought (I was totally wrong on that), and for the longest time since then I've typed him ISFP 8w7. But know I have to wonder if he's actually 6w7 instead, which would make his full tritype cp6w7 > 8w7 > 4w3 sx/sp.

Thoughts anyone?

In addition, I'm beginning to think that he may be ESFP; his Ni visions seem like the kind of for-sight that you would see from an Se-dom; relying on dreams and premonitions as a source of anticipating future events or ideals. Also, if he's 8, then he might not be (according to some) Fi dom.

I was thinking the same thing. He's either an 8 or a counterphobic 6, and he's definitely Sx-dominant. I considered typing him 6w7 on my Star Wars typing list.

By the way, I still would like to see your typings. :laugh:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see anything 6 about him. what makes you think 6?

Actually, he expresses a lot of 6-like behavior. Particularly his inner turmoil on whether or not he should stay loyal to Sidious or Obi-Wan and the Jedi. Plus, he values loyalty immensely.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, he expresses a lot of 6-like behavior. Particularly his inner turmoil on whether or not he should stay loyal to Sidious or Obi-Wan and the Jedi. Plus, he values loyalty immensely.

good point, this is why I think he is 6 fixed, but not core 6. I'd say he's 8w7-2w3-6w7 Sx/Sp

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
good point, this is why I think he is 6 fixed, but not core 6. I'd say he's 8w7-2w3-6w7 Sx/Sp

I think he may be 6w7 second. He may want to look like a good guy a lot, which would indicate 2, but 6's do this, too (like me, sort of). It's just the motivations are different. For 2, the motivation is to be admired and loved, while 6s do it so that they can mask their insecurity. I truly think his arrogance (at least before he becomes Darth Vader in the third film) is fake, like he tries to act like he's all that to try to prove to himself that he isn't insecure and doesn't need help, which he is and does.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he may be 6w7 second.
possibly

He may want to look like a good guy a lot, which would indicate 2, but 6's do this, too (like me, sort of).
It's just the motivations are different. For 2, the motivation is to be admired and loved, while 6s do it so that they can mask their insecurity.
he doesn't care or try to look like the good guy. he looks like the good guy because he is an Sx dom NFP (he's also good looking, that helps)

I truly think his arrogance (at least before he becomes Darth Vader in the third film) is fake, like he tries to act like he's all that to try to prove to himself that he isn't insecure and doesn't need help, which he is and does.
I don't think his arrogance is fake at all. he is very powerful and already had a high opinion of himself from the get go, augmented by his self centered nature and sense of grandiosity.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Actually, you know what... he may even be core 6. After thinking it over some, it seems clear that he has an enormous hero complex which is very 6-ish, wouldn't you say? Wouldn't an 8 just want to make sure he could take care of himself and be powerful? Well, Anakin took it further than just that. He did it because he was very loyal to those he loved (the reason why he isn't a stereotypical hero who saves "the world" is because he is So-last). Remember how ashamed of himself he was when he couldn't save his mother? I don't know if an 8 would beat himself up like that. Not to mention, he had guilt for killing the Tusken Raiders because, not only did he violate his own value code (at the time), he went against the Jedi Way. He was loyal to the Jedi at the time, and he was upset that he let himself be disloyal like that (I'm not sure an 8 would do that either). And not only that, but he also felt like he needed to protect and save everyone. That was why he was attracted to power -- to save those who he loved. He felt like he let down his mother, so he didn't want to let anyone else down that he cared about.

Another reason why he could be 6 core is because he was easily influenced by Sidious. I would imagine an 8 would either see through him, or, if he didn't at first, once he found out who he really was, he would stick to his guns and just kill him on the spot. And, not only was he close to Sidious, he had been manipulated by him since the time he was the innocent age of 9 in Episode I. Yet, when he saw what he thought Mace Windu was betraying Sidious, he took some time to make a decision on who he would side with, and he felt guilty about it after for a few moments. One of the biggest reasons why he become so close to Sidious though is because he bathed him in compliments, and the Jedi treated him like shit (except for Obi-Wan on a few occasions, although he was still a hard-nose with the whole ISTJ "Oh, you're just a young apprentice, you don't know anything yet" thing). He liked that external validation that he really was special, because he felt like he was faulty. He went to Sidious for this reassurance that he desired. I also think that, after he joined the Dark Side, he wanted to get rid of his old Anakin personality, because he felt like he was too weak. Thus, he became more cold, detached Darth Vader.

On top of that, he hated being betrayed. He felt like he was being betrayed by the Jedi, so he turned against them.

Unless you can think of reasons why he could still be an 8 with that, I say he is a core 6.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, you know what... he may even be core 6. After thinking it over some, it seems clear that he has an enormous hero complex which is very 6-ish, wouldn't you say?
he has a hero complex because he's an NFP

Wouldn't an 8 just want to make sure he could take care of himself and be powerful? Well, Anakin took it further than just that. He did it because he was very loyal to those he loved (the reason why he isn't a stereotypical hero who saves "the world" is because he is So-last).
That's Self Preservation 8s. Sexual 8s are the Protectors of the Enneagram. Anakin doesn't care much about the world at large (So last) but he cares a great deal for his woman and close companions like a Sexual 8.

Remember how ashamed of himself he was wouldn't he couldn't save his mother? I don't know if an 8 would beat himself up like that.
every 8 I know is hard on themselves when they are not powerful enough to accomplish their ends, they just usually don't verbalize it as much as he does

Not to mention, he had guilt for killing the Tusken Raiders because, not only did he violate his own value code (at the time), he went against the Jedi Way. He was loyal to the Jedi at the time, and he was upset that he let himself be disloyal like that (I'm not sure an 8 would do that either).
an 8 who was an FP and conditioned to accept the Jedi Way would. the instinctual incongruence he feels inside between his lusty, Id desires (8 and wing 7) and the Jedi Way is obvious and would not be so blatantly pleasant in a core superego type like a 6

And not only that, be he also felt like he needed to protect and save everyone.
like a sexual 8

That was why he was attracted to power -- to save those who he loved. He felt like he let down his mother, so he didn't want to let anyone else down that he cared about.
no, the main reason he was attracted to power was for power in and of itself, especially as he becomes more and more fixated.

Another reason why he could be 6 core is because he was easily influenced by Sidious. I would imagine an 8 would either see through him, or, if he didn't at first, once he found out who he really was, he would stick to his guns and just kill him on the spot. And, not only was he close to Sidious, he had been manipulated by him since the time he was the innocent age of 9 in Episode I. Yet, when he saw what he thought Mace Windu was betraying Sidious, he took some time to make a decision on who he would side with, and he felt guilty about after for a few moments. One of the biggest reasons why he become so close to Sidious though is because he bathed him in compliments, and the Jedi treated him like shit (except for Obi-Wan on a few occasions, although he was still a hard-nose with the whole ISTJ "Oh, you're just a young apprentice, you don't know anything yet" thing). He liked that external validation that he really was special, because he felt like he was faulty. He went to Sidious for this reassurance that he desired. I also think that, after he joined the Dark Side, he wanted to get rid of his old Anakin personality, because he felt like he was too weak. Thus, he became more cold, detached Darth Vader.
you make a good case with this point, but even so, 8s want respect, they demand respect so if you give them respect, they're likely to like you, and, in the case of a more naive, sensitive, intimate 8, may even allow you manipulate them if you are really good at playing your cards. still, his behavior in this instance was not typically 8-ish at all

On top of that, he hated being betrayed. He felt like he was being betrayed by the Jedi, so he turned against them.
like an 8.

Unless you can think of reasons why he could still be an 8 with that, I say he is a core 6.
I can think of several, which are stated above

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he has a hero complex because he's an NFP

Being xNFP does NOT make you have a hero complex. It depends on what your values are as an Fi-type. He was a 6, so he valued loyalty and being a savior of sorts. An xNFP 1 would value moral integrity and righteousness (he wasn't like this; Luke was more like this), an xNFP 2 would value being particularly helpful, loving, and altruistic (though Anakin is like this, and I would make a case for him being a 2 who disintegrated into 8 before 8 itself), an xNFP 3 would value competitiveness, ambition, and making good impressions, an xNFP 4 would value individuality, self-awareness, being unique, etc, etc. I would imagine an 8 would value being self-sufficient and assertive, and would like others to do the same (my INFP 8 older sister is like this a lot).

That's Self Preservation 8s. Sexual 8s are the Protectors of the Enneagram. Anakin doesn't care much about the world at large (So last) but he cares a great deal for his woman and close companions like a Sexual 8.

This is not exclusive to Sexual 8s. 6s (especially counterphobic Sexual 6s) also do this very much. They are loyal to those they love, and want to do as much as possible for them. An 8 would often leave people to their own devices.

every 8 I know is hard on themselves when they are not powerful enough to accomplish their ends, they just usually don't verbalize it as much as he does

But he's almost always hard on himself. I don't think you understand that his arrogance isn't genuine (which, you aren't the only one, as the Prequel Trilogy isn't exactly the best written piece of film there is). He's hard on himself for saving his mother and not being loyal to the Jedi. Remember when during the scene when he was confessing his murders to Padme, he said, in tears, "I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this." An 8 would not admit his faults like that.

an 8 who was an FP and conditioned to accept the Jedi Way would. the instinctual incongruence he feels inside between his lusty, Id desires (8 and wing 7) and the Jedi Way is obvious and would not be so blatantly pleasant in a core superego type like a 6

It would if he was a Sx-dominant, which he was. He's EXTREMELY emotional. Besides, don't most 8s give way their emotions to the effective side of things, because wouldn't they see them as problems? He seems to be fueled by emotions.

like a sexual 8

Also like a 6 who was bent on being loyal to those he loved.

no, the main reason he was attracted to power was for power in and of itself, especially as he becomes more and more fixated.

No. Again, you don't understand Anakin quite enough. He wanted power because he wanted to save those he loved (particularly Padme).

you make a good case with this point, but even so, 8s want respect, they demand respect so if you give them respect, they're likely to like you, and, in the case of a more naive, sensitive, intimate 8, may even allow you manipulate them if you are really good at playing your cards. still, his behavior in this instance was not typically 8-ish at all

Exactly. At the first few signs of manipulation, an 8 would sense that and detest it. He did not do that.

like an 8.

And like 6s. A 6s worst fear is to be betrayed or abandoned, while an 8s worst fear is to become weak.

I can think of several, which are stated above

Oh, don't forget how extremely reactive he is. An 8 would be cold and calculating, as you put, remember?

Look how similar he is with the lower levels of 6:

Average Levels
Level 4: Start investing their time and energy into whatever they believe will be safe and stable. Organizing and structuring, they look to alliances and authorities for security and continuity. Constantly vigilant, anticipating problems.

Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.

Think of when he had said, "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous; he's holding me back!"

Unhealthy Levels
Level 7: Fearing that they have ruined their security, they become panicky, volatile, and self-disparaging with acute inferiority feelings. Seeing themselves as defenseless, they seek out a stronger authority or belief to resolve all problems. Highly divisive, disparaging and berating others

Level 8: Feeling persecuted, that others are "out to get them," they lash-out and act irrationally, bringing about what they fear. Fanaticism, violence.

Level 9: Hysterical, and seeking to escape punishment, they become self-destructive and suicidal. Alcoholism, drug overdoses, "skid row," self-abasing behavior. Generally corresponds to the Passive-Aggressive and Paranoid personality disorders.

While he doesn't have an inferiority complex, he does have insecurity, even though it isn't as vivid as it makes it out to be at Level 7.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being xNFP does NOT make you have a hero complex. It depends on what your values are as an Fi-type. He was a 6, so he valued loyalty and being a savior of sorts. An xNFP 1 would value moral integrity and righteousness (he wasn't like this; Luke was more like this), an xNFP 2 would value being particularly helpful, loving, and altruistic (though Anakin is like this, and I would make a case for him being a 2 who disintegrated into 8 before 8 itself), an xNFP 3 would value competitiveness, ambition, and making good impressions, an xNFP 4 would value individuality, self-awareness, being unique, etc, etc. I would imagine an 8 would value being self-sufficient and assertive, and would like others to do the same (my INFP 8 older sister is like this a lot).
being an NFP doesn't automatically give you a hero complex, but it's more than enough to explain one in an enneatype not prone to having one (hell, I have one myself sometimes)

This is not exclusive to Sexual 8s. 6s (especially counterphobic Sexual 6s) also do this very much. They are loyal to those they love, and want to do as much as possible for them. An 8 would often leave people to their own devices.
true, the 6's protection though is much more involved. "are you hurt?" "did you call me?" "is everything alright" the 8 is more likely to simply check in on you from time to time, usually without telling you, but then jump in if he feels you are in danger (like Anakin did when he had the premonition of Padme's death)

But he's almost always hard on himself. I don't think you understand that his arrogance isn't genuine (which, you aren't the only one, as the Prequel Trilogy isn't exactly the best written piece of film there is). He's hard on himself for saving his mother and not being loyal to the Jedi. Remember when during the scene when he was confessing his murders to Padme, he said, in tears, "I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this." An 8 would not admit his faults like that.
he was crying because reality forced him to except that he wasn't as powerful as a thought he was. this can be an intense emotional experience for 8s (also 3s. 3s and 8s are probably the most proud of all the types)

It would if he was a Sx-dominant, which he was. He's EXTREMELY emotional. Besides, don't most 8s give way their emotions to the effective side of things, because wouldn't they see them as problems? He seems to be fueled by emotions.
good point

No. Again, you don't understand Anakin quite enough. He wanted power because he wanted to save those he loved (particularly Padme).
I understand Anakin quite well, I was extremely similar to him in my teen years (even now I'm sometimes compared to him, unfortunately)
he thought he wanted power for this reason, but he was not being honest with himself

Exactly. At the first few signs of manipulation, an 8 would sense that and detest it. He did not do that.
also a good point

And like 6s. A 6s worst fear is to be betrayed or abandoned, while an 8s worst fear is to become weak.
he didn't fear being abandoned, and 8's fear being betrayed as well. 8s fear having the will of others subjected onto them, being betrayed by others and being abused by others.

Oh, don't forget how extremely reactive he is. An 8 would be cold and calculating, as you put, remember?
no, 8s are in the reactive/intensity triad along with 4s and 6s (though of the three, they are probably the least overall). more importantly though, he is reactive mostly because he is tired of the Jedi disrespecting him and treating him like a bitch. I reacted the same way in a similar situation a few years ago, and I'm core 7 (in the positive thinking triad with 9 and 2)

Think of when he had said, "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous; he's holding me back!"
this sounds like a 3, a 7 or an 8 to me. it SCREAMS Id

While he doesn't have an inferiority complex, he does have insecurity, even though it isn't as vivid as it makes it out to be at Level 7.
everyone who is internally distressed has insecurities. also, Anakin is never passive aggressive. his aggression is direct and predatory

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
being an NFP doesn't automatically give you a hero complex, but it's more than enough to explain one in an enneatype not prone to having one (hell, I have one myself sometimes)

But he had a hero complex because he was fiercely loyal and was afraid of uncontrollable things (I was very much like this when I was younger (e.g. my dad had reported in that psychological analysis when I was younger that I "sometimes worrie[d], [wa]s afraid of dying, almost always worrie[d] about things that cannot be changed, and worrie[d] about what teachers and his parents will think.")).

true, the 6's protection though is much more involved. "are you hurt?" "did you call me?" "is everything alright" the 8 is more likely to simply check in on you from time to time, usually without telling you, but then jump in if he feels you are in danger (like Anakin did when he had the premonition of Padme's death)

Not all 6s are hypervigilant like that. Besides, he almost was always focused on Padme's safety and protection once he reunited with her.

he was crying because reality forced him to except that he wasn't as powerful as a thought he was. this can be an intense emotional experience for 8s (also 3s. 3s and 8s are probably the most proud of all the types)

No, he was crying because he was upset with himself that he didn't save his mother. He felt like he let her down. Also, keep in mind that 6s disintegrate to arrogant 3s, so he did possess quite a bit of 3-ish behaviors.

I understand Anakin quite well, I was extremely similar to him in my teen years (even now I'm sometimes compared to him, unfortunately)
he thought he wanted power for this reason, but he was not being honest with himself

NOT true. This didn't happen until AFTER he turned to the Dark Side and he felt like nobody could be trusted but himself and Sidious.

he didn't fear being abandoned, and 8's fear being betrayed as well. 8s fear having the will of others subjected onto them, being betrayed by others and being abused by others.

His fear of being betrayed wasn't because he feared having the "will of others subjected onto" him, he feared being betrayed because he didn't want his sources of trust to be ruined.

no, 8s are in the reactive/intensity triad along with 4s and 6s (though of the three, they are probably the least overall). more importantly though, he is reactive mostly because he is tired of the Jedi disrespecting him and treating him like a bitch. I reacted the same way in a similar situation a few years ago, and I'm core 7 (in the positive thinking triad with 9 and 2)

That wasn't the only reason he had negative feelings toward the Jedi. He had idealized the Jedi to be these awesome heroes, but he was disappointed and felt like he couldn't trust the Jedi because they didn't trust him and they weren't who he thought they were.

this sounds like a 3, a 7 or an 8 to me. it SCREAMS Id

It also SCREAMS Sx-dominant. It clearly says that in the below average levels of 6s, they start to blame others for their problems, because they feel they are helpless.

everyone who is internally distressed has insecurities. also, Anakin is never passive aggressive. his aggression is direct and predatory

True, BUT, not every 6 is passive-aggressive. And his insecurities had to do with him never having a stable figure to look up to (as his mother died, the Jedi were not who he thought they were, etc.).

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, Anakin fits the 682 tritype/archetype very nicely.

268, 682, 826 The Rescuer: By nature, this type wants to be in charge of their world and are attracted to the noble cause. They wish to shield others from harm and challenge what is unjust. They want to know the rules to feel safe to break them. Their life mission is to track the needs of the vulnerable and take action on their behalf. A true rescuer, they are happiest when they can use their people skills and desire to protect others to help those that feel alone, desperate, and are in a crisis. Their blind spot is that they can be so identified with the pride of knowing how to help others that they may give unsolicited advice or meddle in the affairs of others. They over-give to others to be well-liked, which prevents a deeper connection to their true self. Their growing edge is to recognize that always rescuing others does not mean that they will always be liked and cared for in return, and that it may prevent them from learning how to care for themselves. True protection comes from listening to higher guidance and knowing when to assist others and when to let them learn for themselves.

[...]

Direct and caring, this 6 is very supportive, dynamic, and caring type. The struggle is knowing when the need to rescue interferes with their own well-being. A true rescuer, this 6 is often mistaken for a 2 or 8. This 6 needs to be caring and protective to feel secure, and they are helpful but uncomfortable taking the lead and would rather be the right hand to the powerful person.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, worthless, needy, unappreciated, and inconsequential.

The strongest theme associated with the 268/682/826 is the need to rescue and protect, but not necessarily put up with problems on an extended basis. It's a kind of in-the-moment problem solving that expects the other to deal with it and move on.

Sx/So 268: This type can be described as obsessively possessive and domineering, taking on parental roles in most, if not all situations, and the Sx/So variant simply amplifies this smothering. Most people will find them "way too much". For them, power is dead important, though it will be more obvious to the observer than to the person themself. Both 2 and 6 leads to some issues with denial. 2 main especially will "play innocent" while their power motive is seen by all those who suffered under their dominion.

Not necessarily all specific three types -- the 2, 6, and 8, in this case -- act synergistically. But, each of these at average to lower levels are very controlling in interpersonal relationships, very domineering (including the 6, especially with the Sx/So variant), highly reactive, and explosive when they feel they aren't getting back what they 'deserve'.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted ISFP because it is closest to ISTP which I think he was one of those 2.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see anything 6 about him. what makes you think 6?

I stated before that Anakin has BPD, and I've heard that those would BDP would be most likely 6 sx. However, now that I think about it, it may be possible that Anakin isn't core 6 or 8; he's 2.

What does Anakin want most throughout these films? Respect from Obi-Wan, love from Padme, and a certain sense of recognition and protection for those he cares about. His connection to 8 is a process of disintegration; happy 'in love' Anakin who frollics through fields with Padme turns into psychotic angry boy hellbent on power when he realizes at times that he cannot attain his goals of aquiring respect or protecting those he cares about. Sure, maybe BDP isn't necessarily 6 sx, and in that case I could see Anakin as a 2w3 sx/sp stressing out into 8 territory.

Although I may need to do a little more research into this as well.

By the way, I still would like to see your typings. :laugh:

Oh crap, I totally forgot about finishing those typings, my bad. :blush: I'll make sure to get around to finishing them soon :yes:

I voted ISFP because it is closest to ISTP which I think he was one of those 2.

Why do you think almost every fictional character that you type is a Ti dom?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do you think almost every fictional character that you type is a Ti dom?

Because other characters like Padme and Jar Jar who are about as far away from Ti as you can get I really don't care about typing lol.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because other characters like Padme and Jar Jar who are about as far away from Ti as you can get

Well, I'm not sure on Padme's type, but Jar Jar is actually ESFP.

I really don't care about typing lol.

Quite an excellent opinion towards the art typing good sir! :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But he had a hero complex because he was fiercely loyal and was afraid of uncontrollable things (I was very much like this when I was younger (e.g. my dad had reported in that psychological analysis when I was younger that I "sometimes worrie[d], [wa]s afraid of dying, almost always worrie[d] about things that cannot be changed, and worrie[d] about what teachers and his parents will think.")).
I'm sure you share other similarities, but your reported behavior is nothing like Anakin's

Not all 6s are hypervigilant like that. Besides, he almost was always focused on Padme's safety and protection once he reunited with her.
this is specific neither to 6s nor 8s

No, he was crying because he was upset with himself that he didn't save his mother. He felt like he let her down. Also, keep in mind that 6s disintegrate to arrogant 3s, so he did possess quite a bit of 3-ish behaviors.
I'm still gonna disagree here. Anakin want's to get his way, and when he is not strong enough to get his way, he gets very upset, like an 8

NOT true. This didn't happen until AFTER he turned to the Dark Side and he felt like nobody could be trusted but himself and Sidious.
Sidious just brought it out

His fear of being betrayed wasn't because he feared having the "will of others subjected onto" him, he feared being betrayed because he didn't want his sources of trust to be ruined.
I don't think Anakin ever had much of a desire for security

That wasn't the only reason he had negative feelings toward the Jedi. He had idealized the Jedi to be these awesome heroes, but he was disappointed and felt like he couldn't trust the Jedi because they didn't trust him and they weren't who he thought they were.
anyone would feel that way

It also SCREAMS Sx-dominant. It clearly says that in the below average levels of 6s, they start to blame others for their problems, because they feel they are helpless.
- this has nothing to do with Sx dom
- neither is this an issue of scapegoating, it's an issue of freedom. he wants to be free to do what he wants, go as fast as he wants and reach his potential, but Obi-Wan is hovering over him like a condescending ISTJ and barking orders at him.

True, BUT, not every 6 is passive-aggressive. And his insecurities had to do with him never having a stable figure to look up to (as his mother died, the Jedi were not who he thought they were, etc.).
agreed